• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Olympic shit and pissing show

Bdub

Damn that last goal was sweet. I don't know what you call it in hockey, but that was beautiful.

evil1

The last 5 minutes of the 3rd period and the OT period were crazy. I usually don't like using shootouts to decide big games, but that was pretty damn sweet. Two niiiiice goals.

NML

Stopped watching the curling when Schuster started 2-4, apparently hasn’t lost since.

Up 4-2 in the 9th end to go to the gold medal match

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The call on that cross country gold was funny and amazing at the same time. What an amazing end to that race for her to snake around from third to first. Incredible sports moment.

I'm paying for it this morning, but stayed up and saw the end of OT and the shootout of the hockey game (had drama with my daughter at school that kept me from being able to watch more). What an amazing ending. Canada sure was salty at the loss; moments like that must be devastating. But what a moment for the US women.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait, our men's curling are in the final...?

Bf3fggM.gif

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
She suffers from anxiety and some other stuff and she drew on her desk. Normally not a huge deal, but what she drew was concerning enough given the situation in Florida that she had to talk to a Vice Principal about it a couple times yesterday. So when I got home we had to talk to her about that and deal with that. And it's hard to talk to her about things because she gets super depressed and anxious and shuts down. We were already behind in watching Olympic stuff and we had a lot of things to do last night as well. So by the time we finally got around to watching stuff, it was pretty late. But we finished just as the end of the hockey game started, so it worked out. The move to Houston has been tough for her; she keeps to herself a lot so making new friends has been a bit slow.

If her drawings had happened two weeks ago, I think the teacher would just have told us she drew on her desk and that would have been it. The timing made it really bad.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Stopped watching the curling when Schuster started 2-4, apparently hasn’t lost since.

Up 4-2 in the 9th end to go to the gold medal match

Watching Big Schlong Shuster versus Canada now. Need to see how Canada fucked this game up.

DanishDonut0

Shuster somehow fumbled his way into the medal round.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Watching Big Schlong Shuster versus Canada now. Need to see how Canada fucked this game up.

He's been incredible in this win streak, he started playing normal again in the beginning of the Britain game but they messed up big time.

Canada game was so conservative. They were just trying to ride out non-scoring ends to keep the hammer until the 10th. Both teams played really well but that shot he had in the 7th or 8th for 2 points was great.

goblue96

He's been incredible in this win streak, he started playing normal again in the beginning of the Britain game but they messed up big time.

Canada game was so conservative. They were just trying to ride out non-scoring ends to keep the hammer until the 10th. Both teams played really well but that shot he had in the 7th or 8th for 2 points was great.

He played that game exactly how a skip should play that game. Keep it close and low-scoring for as long possible to put the pressure on your higher regarded opponent who thinks that they should win and see if they crack. Koe cracked in the 8th when his draw came up painfully short and Big Schlong Shuster stole two and took a 4-2 lead and controlled the game from there.

goblue96

Last 36 hours for Canada:

1) Homan eliminated from the medal round in women's curling
2) USA women's ice hockey defeats Canada for the gold medal
3) John Shuster and Team USA defeat Kevin Koe in the men's curling semifinal
4) Koe loses to Switzerland in the bronze medal game.
5) Germany defeats Canada in the men's ice hockey semifinal.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Last 36 hours for Canada:

1) Homan eliminated from the medal round in women's curling
2) USA women's ice hockey defeats Canada for the gold medal
3) John Shuster and Team USA defeat Kevin Koe in the men's curling semifinal
4) Koe loses to Switzerland in the bronze medal game.
5) Germany defeats Canada in the men's ice hockey semifinal.
NbB_X0TG_400x400.jpg

NbB_X0TG_400x400.jpg

NbB_X0TG_400x400.jpg

#ThanksTrudeau

goblue96

That 5-spot they put on the board was really exciting to watch, especially since I don’t really know how things are going until the last stone throw.

Finished watching the 8th. Edin and Sweden played a very aggressive steal strategy (playing the very high guards in front of the house) and that strategy burned him badly. In a tie game in the 8th end without the hammer, Sweden is in a bad position since the US should have the hammer twice in the last three ends if everything goes to form. So, Edin went with an aggressive strategy to try to steal and the end got completely away from him when the US would hit his rocks and stick around in the house. Edin kept drawing and US kept hitting and the thing Edin knew he was looking at a lot of US rocks in the house without a lot of options. I've seen it happen a lot at the club level. I've done it to opponents. I've had it happen to me (it even cost me a chance to play in Club Nationals). I've rarely seen it at the international level.