• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Option Offense

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Whenever I come back, I'm reimplementing this. I consistently had better chances by playing this style and keeping the other offense off the field.

I played my bowl game using this offense. I won the first time, and then turned it off and played another game. It's been awhile so these are my observations:

- FB Load Option with 3 WR was consistently a big gainer.
- FB Cntr was there for the QB, but to "muddy" to pitch (even when I should have)
- Midline is money as always
- Quick option is also solid
- Speed Option almost never works for me. Hate how the QB takes a couple steps back before he takes off.
- Believe or not there are a lot of good playaction passes out of Wishbone Tight. Including a nasty throwback screen.
- WR blocking is still awful. Really doesn't make much sense pitch most times even when you are supposed to. Contemplating benching my WRs for TEs, but then again you need them when you play users and have to pass a lot.

All in all it's still a fun offense, but not as fun as it could be with all problems with audible and blocking logic. I'm still going to run it because I have to switch things up every couple of years to keep things fresh. If you ever get time the new Ivy League is 10 passing accuracy.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I played my bowl game using this offense. I won the first time, and then turned it off and played another game. It's been awhile so these are my observations:

- FB Cntr was there for the QB, but to "muddy" to pitch (even when I should have)
- Speed Option almost never works for me. Hate how the QB takes a couple steps back before he takes off.
- Believe or not there are a lot of good playaction passes out of Wishbone Tight. Including a nasty throwback screen.
- WR blocking is still awful. Really doesn't make much sense pitch most times even when you are supposed to. Contemplating benching my WRs for TEs, but then again you need them when you play users and have to pass a lot.

All in all it's still a fun offense, but not as fun as it could be with all problems with audible and blocking logic. I'm still going to run it because I have to switch things up every couple of years to keep things fresh. If you ever get time the new Ivy League is 10 passing accuracy.

Agreed on all fronts.

We've been living with family this month in between houses. We should be under contract for our new home this week.

Atmore

He wanted to take away the QB so I started running Midline Option. Longest run up the middle I ever had with this play and it was a game winner

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

guardman23

He wanted to take away the QB so I started running Midline Option. Longest run up the middle I ever had with this play and it was a game winner

I can usely hit midline from the flex even if the DE stays at home works like Qb power

Atmore

I can usely hit midline from the flex even if the DE stays at home works like Qb power
I'm talking the Midline Triple Option I thought the video posted let me try again.... I know it's blurry but my phone is messed up

Last edited:

LEGEND

I might give this a try... I really miss running the option/wishbone! I have in one of my dynasties all the players necessary. I have beast FB's & TE's.. I can move the TE's to WR's to give me the edge blocking. I have a crap load of Wr's though...

But it might be a lot of fun....

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

guardman23

I'm talking the Midline Triple Option I thought the video posted let me try again.... I know it's blurry but my phone is messed up

I like this play the fullbacks track is better than the regular triple

Atmore

I like this play the fullbacks track is better than the regular triple
I've been experimenting when you use it and seems best when they are taking away the QB. When they are switching between aggressive and conservative option it's hit or miss

guardman23

I've been experimenting when you use it and seems best when they are taking away the QB. When they are switching between aggressive and conservative option it's hit or miss

I got a quick pull pitch when the pitch man is a line backer a few times an it was six

guardman23

I know it will probably be considered over powered or cheese but I would like to see run pass options put into madden or a future NCAA game if it happens

FSS

Gun, pistol, and/or I form in addition to flexbone?

imho You need to have some gun in playbook. Not necceasarily, for the option but for when th defense sells out on heavy 6 and 7 man blitzes. If all you have is undercenter they can really make it tough for you.