• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Pac-12 Thread

bruin

Interesting.

A local radio host thinks Sears was held for hostage.

You don't think hurting Rollison's feelings not handing Daniels the job has anything to do with this? Ala pipeline with Young?

Me thinks Daniels was going to win no matter who was in camp. Now they just ruffled feathers with San Clemente and maybe some OC schools.

McCoy not eligible yet. But wouldn't surprise me if he is and it's announced soon. Guess you can go to SC, then to texas then back to SC in a span of 6 months and all is forgiven.

Just look at Chris Steele

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Interesting.

A local radio host thinks Sears was held for hostage.

You don't think hurting Rollison's feelings not handing Daniels the job has anything to do with this? Ala pipeline with Young?

Me thinks Daniels was going to win no matter who was in camp. Now they just ruffled feathers with San Clemente and maybe some OC schools.

McCoy not eligible yet. But wouldn't surprise me if he is and it's announced soon. Guess you can go to SC, then to texas then back to SC in a span of 6 months and all is forgiven.

Just look at Chris Steele

Yeah, there seems to be lots of conspiracy theories floating around wrt the QB derby at USC, but I think the actual truth is --- none of these guys are the next Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart (or even Mark Sanchez for that matter). Daniels may have been an all-time high school legend, but then so was Tyler Ebell and Dillon Baxter. I think Daniels is Cody Kessler, with less moxie and less charisma. I saw Jack Sears as a John Fox - a fiery gamer who you really wanted to root for, and loved his on-field presence, but who ultimately just wasn't all that great.

I think this year's USC Trojans will be better than last year, but that's not a high bar to get over. As long as Helton is still the coach, I think USC's ceiling is 8 wins.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
JT Daniels, acl and meniscus. Out for the year

Welp. I predicted 7-5 with a healthy JT Daniels. Kedon Slovis might be a diamond in the rough, but the way the coaches deliberately handicapped him, as if they didn't trust he knew the playbook, I think this season might have USC fans referring to 2018 as the "good old days."

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
possible Sears could "come back"

Sears ain't coming back.

Zody's and FedCo will come back before Sears does.

Heard a rumor that Sears, quite unhappy at being listed #4 on the depth chart, had angry words with Helton and Harrell. Probably burned that bridge already.

Might he be headed across town? Seems like DTR ain't looking so good.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Good news: new suites at the Coliseum are tits.

Bad news: SC was always going to be 2-4 at the halfway point, and 4-8 or 5-7 at the end. But now Helton has an "I lost my QB in week 1" excuse to deflect criticism and maybe keep job. Ugh.

First play of the game was the quintessential Helton moment: return the opening kick 60-some-odd yards and get the Coliseum pumped up. Whistle. Never mind. Play nullified because we had two #7's on the field. I mean, they've only had 9 months to get ready for this season. Couldn't bother checking the roster and sending a 'legal' lineup onto the field, huh?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Bad news: SC was always going to be 2-4 at the halfway point, and 4-8 or 5-7 at the end. But now Helton has an "I lost my QB in week 1" excuse to deflect criticism and maybe keep job. Ugh.

First play of the game was the quintessential Helton moment: return the opening kick 60-some-odd yards and get the Coliseum pumped up. Whistle. Never mind. Play nullified because we had two #7's on the field. I mean, they've only had 9 months to get ready for this season. Couldn't bother checking the roster and sending a 'legal' lineup onto the field, huh?

LMAO, wut?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Is your program the best FBS program in New Jersey?
giphy.gif

bruin

who would have thought that of ALL the SC retreads theyve had since Petey left the one that got away appears to be COACH O.

YAWYAWYAY FOOTBAW was beloved but he never had a chance. Went with the alcoholic Jimmy Kimmel looking motherfucker that was drinking Vodka on the sidelines.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Checked in just to tell us you watched the game from a suite, eh? :laughing:

I couldn't even see the first several minutes of the game because fucking ESPN kept televising DA SEC game.

But I'd heard about that jersey snafu. Typical Helton indeed. I always disliked duplicate numbers, anyway. I get it if your roster honest to God has more than 100 players, but FFS, I think I've seen in recent years, as many as 3 or 4 pairs of the same fucking jersey number in the respective offensive and defensive starting elevens.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
LMAO, wut?
Yep. Not a penalty, apparently. They erased the play from history, and re-kicked.

Checked in just to tell us you watched the game from a suite, eh? :laughing:

Only positive I could think of. And for the record, it's not my suite.

The team just looked a little sloppy and indifferent again. Typical Helton team. I had lunch with Shaka on Friday and we predicted exactly how it would go: SC jumps out to a 2 or 3 score lead early, temporarily gets the fanbase excited, and then stumbles into a game that's closer than it should be, where Fresno will have the ball in the 4th with a chance to tie or take the lead. Boom. What do you know? It's not that he and I have amazing predictive abilities. It's that EVERY Helton game goes that way. Well, every Helton game against a team we're supposed to beat comfortably. Any game against an equal or better team is a loss.

bruin

Bruins DB Darnay Holmes and TE Devin Asiasi are foregoing their senior years and entering the draft,

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Austin Jackson (USC starting LT) has decided to declare for the draft.

I've heard he's potentially a first rounder, so good on him.

OTOH, RIP Kedon Slovis when we face Alabama this September. There's no one really in the pipeline to replace Jackson, so whoever wins the position will be very green.

bruin

Not sure if this was posted, but ASU (HERMano) at USC on Nov 7th will be at 9:00 AM PT, the BIG NOON game on FOX.

Makes sense for the conference going forward as there will be zero games on the Pac-12 Network and all games will be televised by ESPN/Fox nets.
Helps the league by having a NATIONAL game that will be on highlight shows throughout the day rather than a 10:30 EST start. Embrace the change, with a bloody or mimosa in hand..

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Not sure if this was posted, but ASU (HERMano) at USC on Nov 7th will be at 9:00 AM PT, the BIG NOON game on FOX.

Makes sense for the conference going forward as there will be zero games on the Pac-12 Network and all games will be televised by ESPN/Fox nets.
Helps the league by having a NATIONAL game that will be on highlight shows throughout the day rather than a 10:30 EST start. Embrace the change, with a bloody or mimosa in hand..

Would be nice to have 9am football scheduling on the least coast.