• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Powerhouse Season Talk

ClevelandFan

Hey. I got talked into buying Madden, so what little time I have will be on there now. I'm gonna have to retire. Appreciate you guys letting me join the league, it was a fun few seasons.

Let me know when you do the reboot, hopefully I'll be less busy then.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Hey. I got talked into buying Madden, so what little time I have will be on there now. I'm gonna have to retire. Appreciate you guys letting me join the league, it was a fun few seasons.

Let me know when you do the reboot, hopefully I'll be less busy then.

But Madden sucks. ;)

Thanks for playing.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I will finish the season if you want. Or we can take a couple weeks off and roll out a reboot.

I’m still busy, but I would be good with a minimum of 4 SOLID people. Basically I’m still in for whatever.

I would be interested in a total rebuild OD with stringent recruiting rule

SandS2910

Navyhog,

That recruiting b.s.

I've been simming years just to see recruiting results and here's what is really happening in the game:

*rating doesn't matter as long as you're in a power5 conference and historically good or you're ND.

Also, historically good teams rarely ever have more than 1 5* and 5-6 4*'s. Rosters are filled mostly with 3* and lower players.

Also, not all players come from pipeline states, hence the the changing pipelines as players graduate and filling roster needs from interested prospects from outside pipelines. It's always changing due to those two factors.

You guys should look at this format:

Sample size of 17 open roster spots

Round robbin on 5* players

For the team on the bubble-
2 5*
4 4*
11 3*>

Non-bubble teams-
1 5*
5 4*
11 3*>

**If unable to sign a 5*, increase 4* or lower.

4* up 1 for 18 & up open roster spots

**Pipeline states and interested players (can be outside pipelines) only, unless after wk10 and 3* prospect (interested or not) with 20% or less interest level is available.

This would not bottleneck players in a conference and would give competitive balance.

What do you think?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
I will finish the season if you want. Or we can take a couple weeks off and roll out a reboot.

I’m still busy, but I would be good with a minimum of 4 SOLID people. Basically I’m still in for whatever.

I would be interested in a total rebuild OD with stringent recruiting rule

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I don’t understand “teams on the bubble” and a lot of that was hard to follow. Imagine trying to explain that someone new looking to join the OD. Also someone would have to track all that.

I would like to start with all of us as 1 stars.

1 to 3 Star - can only sign for states that touch your state, and only 3 Star and below (or maybe two 4-star)

I’m open to any ideas, but it can’t be to complicated. With the games recruiting logic (a typical recruit will gain 20 to 25 points over all in 5 years), and no matter what the rules, everyone should take the worst team to 6 Star status in 6-8 years.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I made a new playbook and ever since then I can’t play even an exhibition game. WTF?

If this works I’m going to erase all my files and start over.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@Dakota2147 @SandS2910 @ClevelandFan @Walter323 @a1736077 and anyone else?

Who is ready for a reboot? Would like to remake sliders using these from OS.

https://forums.operationsports.com/...11369-j-kits-ncaa-fb-sliders-os-official.html

I want to go back to 5 user passing. Defense is to hard at 10. Would like to see more stops.

Maybe a MWC conference or MAC. Something smaller with 75 ovr or less. I like the ideas of more stringent recruiting rules, but I'm not sure what that would be. No rush, I want to make sure we have 6 solid people and everything the way we want it.

SandS2910

@Dakota2147 @SandS2910 @ClevelandFan @Walter323 @a1736077 and anyone else?

Who is ready for a reboot? Would like to remake sliders using these from OS.

https://forums.operationsports.com/...11369-j-kits-ncaa-fb-sliders-os-official.html

I want to go back to 5 user passing. Defense is to hard at 10. Would like to see more stops.

Maybe a MWC conference or MAC. Something smaller with 75 ovr or less. I like the ideas of more stringent recruiting rules, but I'm not sure what that would be. No rush, I want to make sure we have 6 solid people and everything the way we want it.
MAC, I want WMU

Walter323

I've been wathing the OS boards and I cant tell when the new rosters are going to be done.

With us using 75 or below teams, we may want to wait until they are all the way done.

I'm fine with whatever MWC or MAC.

I like the only recruiting states you touch and capping the number of 4 stars. Would make recruiting really difficult in the MAC with us all going after the same guys

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I've been wathing the OS boards and I cant tell when the new rosters are going to be done.

With us using 75 or below teams, we may want to wait until they are all the way done.

I like the only recruiting states you touch and capping the number of 4 stars. Would make recruiting really difficult in the MAC with us all going after the same guys

Make it home state, states you touch and any JUCO with a 3 JUCO limit. Just spitballing.

SandS2910

If it's MWC-I want Hawaii