• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Principles of Pro Style Offenses

LEGEND

Got some guys on board... I think we're gonna hit 12! Most have tried to get me to start a dyn for ovr a yr! LoL

@jonsapp7487. & @JAR201166. Snd me a friend request on XBL. I snd everyone a XBL message at every adv. We usually try once we get rolling to knock out off-season in 1 night. Just a heads up!

JAR201166

Got some guys on board... I think we're gonna hit 12! Most have tried to get me to start a dyn for ovr a yr! LoL

@jonsapp7487. & @JAR201166. Snd me a friend request on XBL. I snd everyone a XBL message at every adv. We usually try once we get rolling to knock out off-season in 1 night. Just a heads up!
So is it any or 3 star lol

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
If you guys want to use the Conference USA sub-forum for the OD, go for it. I can delete all the existing threads in there if you want. Otherwise you can always create a new thread in the OD section below the sub-forums.

LEGEND

If you guys want to use the Conference USA sub-forum for the OD, go for it. I can delete all the existing threads in there if you want. Otherwise you can always create a new thread in the OD section below the sub-forums.

May take you up on this in case ppl here interested in joining.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
May take you up on this in case ppl here interested in joining.

Just let me know, I can delete all the posts in that sub-forum if you need it. If you don't need a whole sub-forum, you can just make a thread in that OD section. There should be a button to create a new thread somewhere below the 3 sub-forums. Or you can always just make a new thread in this part of the forum.

LEGEND

Man, I really screwed up last night!

My pro style offense had been doing very well. Although I've started the season 0-2 offense wasn't my issue. I lost both games 38-35 in overtime. My issue as was again last night was defense... Or the lack there of.

But, I'd created this New pro spread play book for another OD and it worked amazingly. Wanting to try it on a user I switched play books in my pro style OD. The idea seemed good initially... It took all of 1 series to realise my mistake. First mistake was thinking my scrambling qb would work better in a spread offense.

I'd benched him in both games he started at FIU. His accuracy and arm strength had proven suspect. I thought spread might help... Wrong! He has good speed & acceleration (88 & 89) but that's about it. He floated some of the lame duck passes I've ever seen. My wr corps is extremely slow except for my two starters... My TE is more of a blocking TE.

It was a disaster to say the least... And that porous defense I spoke of gave up over 35 pts again. Long story short... After several underthrown TD passes and many more lame ducks.

I lost 52-14 Smh!

I didn't change qb's though I should've... My back up has 54 spd ... Not much of a run threat! LoL

LEGEND

I've gone back to a Dennis Erickson style Miami single back pro attack. My 21 personnel scheme needs more work in the run game.

fonzilla

I've gone back to a Dennis Erickson style Miami single back pro attack. My 21 personnel scheme needs more work in the run game.
Do you not like 12 personnel @LEGEND. Cause thats what I like. The mo beef the mo better. Especially against all the nickel defenses everyone uses.

LEGEND

Do you not like 12 personnel @LEGEND. Cause thats what I like. The mo beef the mo better. Especially against all the nickel defenses everyone uses.

I've actually gone more towards this in my single back offense. I've been trying to recreate what Erickson did when he was here, but no denying the effectiveness of 12 personnel!

@fonzilla What's your favorite formations for your 12 personnel?

I like SG Ace and Ace Twins... I also like the SG twin TE sets. I've started adding some of the Ace sets also.

fonzilla

Ace big. Those shotgun sets you mentioned. And you have to sprinkle in some 22 personnel to let thise fuckers pay for there extra safety on the field.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I go 21 and 22 personnel a ton lately out of the Pistol. I like the mismatches I get, like Fonz said, you need to have a way to make people pay for 425/335/Base Nickel type of stuff. Easier said than done but I find that a really heavy power run game from heavy sets can do that. It isn't always perfect, but it helps a lot.

LEGEND

Ace big. Those shotgun sets you mentioned. And you have to sprinkle in some 22 personnel to let thise fuckers pay for there extra safety on the field.

What are the 22 personnel formations you like? I haven't experimented with those, so I'm not familiar with them.

fonzilla

What are the 22 personnel formations you like? I haven't experimented with those, so I'm not familiar with them.
Strong twin te is pretty solid. Start from there. I would make a custom playbook of simply 22 and play a couple of games and find what suits your style the best.

LEGEND

Strong twin te is pretty solid. Start from there. I would make a custom playbook of simply 22 and play a couple of games and find what suits your style the best.

That's the one 22 personnel formation I have worked with. Tried I Twin TE & I Tight a bit... Didn't get the desired effect though.

LEGEND

I had a lot of success with my 21 personnel offense.... I think I'll mix it in with my single back stuff. Make it more of a multiple pro style offense.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

Strong Twin TE is deadly. I have that and 4 other Strong formations in my Pistol offense and use them for 3-5 play series. For Twin TE, I put an extra OL at the down TE spot just to have heavy run strength and then have FB Dive, HB Toss and PA FB Fake as my 3 plays. If no overhang player is to that side, I'll run toss all day with it.

I think no matter what your offense is, having a really different change of pace like that can be deadly. Even if someone is pass first/pass heavy out of spread sets, if they went heavy/compressed maybe 5 or 6 times a game, it would open up the pass game even more.

fonzilla

Strong Twin TE is deadly. I have that and 4 other Strong formations in my Pistol offense and use them for 3-5 play series. For Twin TE, I put an extra OL at the down TE spot just to have heavy run strength and then have FB Dive, HB Toss and PA FB Fake as my 3 plays. If no overhang player is to that side, I'll run toss all day with it.

I think no matter what your offense is, having a really different change of pace like that can be deadly. Even if someone is pass first/pass heavy out of spread sets, if they went heavy/compressed maybe 5 or 6 times a game, it would open up the pass game even more.
Yeah it helped me against all you guys in the first season. Because the game is so heavily geared towards the Spread. Coming out in heavy sets is a good change up.