• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Professional Rasslin' - It's reel to us

Keith1212

I cringe every time I mistakenly try to recapture some part of my child hood by tuning into some pro wrestling. This shit is awful. Like I don't know if I would have gotten into this version of pro wrestling as a kid awful.

There's no more ECW or Attitude Era pro wrestling around so pro wrestling is just about dead to me.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
While I can generally agree with what you are saying @Keith1212 , if you can't get with Daniel Bryan, or this Wyatt/Shield feud, then I can't help you. The buildup to this Wyatt/Shield feud has been incredible.

-YTC

Keith1212

@whiteyc_77 I followed Daniel Bryan when he was Bryan Danielson, tearing up the Indies. I watched at least 5 of his most classic Indy matches live. I'm a fan of his but in order to catch his segments or matches, along with this Wyatt/Shield feud I honestly had no idea about, I literally have to wade through a ton of shit. I need a Sportscenter side ticker shit with the show's agenda on the side so I know what's coming up

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Absolutely. I never watch WWE programming live, except for the PPV's. I always DVR it, and then watch it in about 30 minutes time, fast forwarding through all of the crap that nobody cares about.

-YTC

Keith1212

@whiteyc_77 I somehow never even considered this despite my already heavy dvr usage. I'm looking forward to the WWE Network. All that old stuff I enjoyed as a kid/teenager might get old or it might not even be anywhere near as enjoyable as it was but I'm willing to give it a try.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

I don't think it does. Almost all the old PPVs (WWF, WCW and ECW) are going to be there, but you can't just randomly watch Nitro from January 4, 1998 because that stuff isn't there. There is going to be a regular schedule of shows (Legends House, Monday Night War, NXT, Superstars, whateverelsetheypulloutoftheirass) with set times, but no one is going to subscribe for that.

Larry Fitzgerald

As much as I might respect Jim Cornette, he wishes wrestling was completely stuck in the 1980s. One guy has the belt, another guy wants it, they fight.

Keith1212

I DVR'd TNA. The guide preview said that MVP was a new investor and tonight's episode would reveal his plans... that sounds like it might be interesting or it might be a disaster lol

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
It's TNA. It's going to be a disaster. They could fuck up the return of Jesus Christ.

Vince Russo is back. I think. That's the way Meltzer made it seem.

There have been times when TNA has had a solid product, but when it comes down to it, the same people that killed WCW killed TNA. I'm talking Bischoff, Hogan and Russo.

Larry Fitzgerald

I know I never want to see Hogan wrestle again, not that he could ever possibly pass a WWE physical. But he's (arguably) the biggest draw in professional wrestling sports-entertainment history so a few nostalgia appearances and hosting WrestleMania XXX wouldn't bother me at all.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
original.jpg

-YTC

Wop Genius

I can't even bring myself to watch this shit on DVR anymore. No Punk, the yo-yo that is Daniel Bryan's push, bland ass Randy Orton with all the screen time....ick.

Chase

Hulk Hogan officially back with the WWE and will be some sort of guest host at Wrestlemania. I guess we won't see him die in the ring after all.

Chase

WWE Network is live. Just signed up for the free 7 day trial. Seems like they have some bandwidth issues, but better to get the kinks out now than say Wrestlemania.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
WWE Network is live. Just signed up for the free 7 day trial. Seems like they have some bandwidth issues, but better to get the kinks out now than say Wrestlemania.

I signed up as well. They threw MLB Advanced Media under the bus in regards to launch issues, but I tend to think the blame is on WWE for waiting until the moment the network launches to let people sign up. MLB.TV has 4 Million + users, but they don't wait til opening day to let people sign up for the product.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/new...roblems-with-online-video-network-1201118936/

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
How is the Network working for yal l

To be honest, I haven't gotten a chance to watch a lot of stuff on it yet. I started watching a PPV yesterday (Beach Blast 92) but got distracted by trying to catch up on the DVR and then watching Raw. I did watch part of the post show and some stuff. It seemed fine, some buffering issues. For some reason I can't access the network using Chrome, so I had to use IE.

As far as shoot type stuff, they put that Shawn/Bret rivalry DVD up there (the documentary part), and I'm guessing they'll add stuff as time passes. There is a certain amount of older stuff (early Raws, ECW Hardcore TV, WWF shows at MSG), so I think there is a lot of potential. At 9.99 a month, well that's like one trip to Jamba Juice for me, so if I can watch a couple classic PPVs on a weekend I'll be happy.

The biggest issue to me will be if they can handle a million people streaming Wrestlemania at the same time, but then again MLB.TV has like 3 Million subscribers, and MLBAM did the backend of WatchESPN. :dunno:

Chase

I haven't really watched anything but I've read that the live streaming so far is great but watching older PPV's takes a few minutes and can be choppy. Once the 7 day trial is over I probably won't order it until the weekend of Wrestlemania.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Network is buggy as he'll. WrestleMania is a month away, but I'm not sure how it doesn't end up a disaster. I'll probably just order it on traditional PPV and then be irate when the show sucks.

Larry Fitzgerald

I personally love the Network. It's buggy (as expected) but the fact that every PPV ever is on there, uncensored is a plus to me. The way I see it is basically for the cost of Battleground or some other throw-away PPV, you get every show throughout the year plus whatever you wanted to go back and watch.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I personally love the Network. It's buggy (as expected) but the fact that every PPV ever is on there, uncensored is a plus to me. The way I see it is basically for the cost of Battleground or some other throw-away PPV, you get every show throughout the year plus whatever you wanted to go back and watch.

Well 6 months, but yeah. I'm going to keep the network because I spent $550 on PPVs last year, so $120 is a steal, I just want a fallback plan.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
CM Punk coming back tonight? Yes, according to Meltzer on his internet audio show yesterday.

Also Daniel Bryan vs Batista.

Could be a big show.

Last edited: