• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rennais and Stimpy- The Osick FM14 Noob Story

osick87

Community Liaison
I've never made one of these so here are the things I'm looking to get out of it.

1) Improve my knowledge base
Believe it or not, I know less than about the beautiful game than Travis. Other than Fifa and the odd catching a game while hungover, my know. So this will be a way for me to learn a little more about soccer.

2) Enjoy myself
The more I enjoy myself, the longer this thread goes on. The "competition" and discussion with @Travis7401 and others is what will get me through the beginning. He and I liked our Africans in FUT so the discussion of us finding different ones will be what I look forward to the most.

3) Don’t buy anyone over 28 unless it is a free transfer
I would rather have young players who I can train and get cheaper so unless there is a guy who I find on the free market who needs a pillow contract.

4) Try and train players to be competent in more than 2 positions
Offer more value to the club. Changing formation becomes less of a cluster fuck.

Manager intro
070hTvK.png

hZIKsXR.png

Player Meeting recap

After doing some research, I told my players I expected to qualify for Europa. Most of the reaction was positive. Guess who entered my shit list
KsH8f3I.png

Epassy is 20 year old Backup keeper. I will probably keep him and try and develop him and hope to turn his frown upside down. After reading Travis' and Kadir's reaction, I'm going to cancel his loan.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Initial Roster Impressions

onj6F2F.png

7JQgsL7.png

Guys I would like to build my team around

1. Nelson Oliveira: On loan from Benefica. Enquiring about a transfer. Hopefully I can get him. They dismissed my enquiry.
  2. Ola Toivonen: I love this big Viking. My buddies and I would do a league in Fifa and I had PSV so I recognize the name. This big bastard is definitely an investor with Wu-Tang Financial. I can throw him in as the 2nd striker in 2 striker sets. Throw him in at CM or AMC if I want to have a 1 striker set. A bit older than a guy I'd like to build around but I can use him for 4 or 5 seasons before his age is a great concern.
  3. Jean-Armel Kana Biyik: I would assume this guy makes Travis pitch a tent. Will try and develop him into a Defensive Midfielder as well.
  4. Vincent Pajot: 22 yr old Box to Box guy. Can't really shoot but will be a solid midfield guy to build off of.
  5. Romain Allesandrini: Will be developing behind Pitroipa until someone pays a good amount for the Burkina Fasonic? Fasonite? Fasoner? Alessandrini is a better complete player imo.
  6. Paul-Georges Ntep: Young attacking Midfielder in reserves. When Pitroipa sells, will bring him up and try to develop him to his full potential.
Guys I will be looking to sell

1. Julien Feret: Older (30) and I have others who can fill the rotation role at cheaper wages. Konradsen comes to mind. Contract expires after the season. Won't be extending so might as well get money for him
  2. Cheik M'Bengue: Shitty goalie. Would rather pick have Epassy and another young keeper back up and develop. No value but that's fine
  3. Jonathan Pitroipa: Player with most value. Have Allesandrini to replace him and some good potential reserves.

Basically when a guy hits 30, I will be looking at possibly moving him. Makoun is a key player so I assume fans would shit themselves if I sold him. Armand has no value so I will keep him and hope his lack of speed isn't a huge hindrance.

Positions I will be looking to improve

1. Central Defense: Armand is old, Boye is fine as a backup, Reserves don't have any prospects. Getting a possible starter will be my number 1 priority.
  2. Full backs: I have 3 total. Will have to sure my back line up

osick87

Community Liaison
My 4 million offer on Glombard was accepted. Time to dicker with the agent about wages.

Other players I have made offers for

Zaballo RB that can play CDM. Solid player to have. 1.7 mil transfer

F24gb8k.png

osick87

Community Liaison
XmjnsIr.png

The 40k was steep and will cut into my wage budget pretty significantly. I initially had tried 30k (old wages of 16 750) but his agent didn't budge off of 45k. So 40k is still less than he wanted.

osick87

Community Liaison
And I have accidentally gone over budget on my wages.... Whoops. Going to have to cut transfer budget. Looks like Gombard will have to be my only club transfer for time being. Time to find a loan or free CB

559meC9.gif

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Signed this guy for Free. All he can do is Mark and Head. Strong and fast. Good enough for a sub IMO

7Fl3BCY.png

W7uZYLh.png

osick87

Community Liaison
For some reason I cannot accept loan offers

nvm: My Head of Youth guy does it for young guys

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Due to some technical difficulties, I have had to start over from my initial save. I will try to do the same transfers and will update if there have been any changes.

osick87

Community Liaison
Actually since I have been given a 2nd chance (YAY), I am going to go for Zeballos instead of Glombard.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
When you start over, one thing I really wish I'd have done differently is be more patient with my scouting on potential signings. I uncovered a lot of really good deals where the team was willing to part with the player for like 1/3rd-1/2 of the player's "value" and the player was also willing to sign for cheap. Getting a good scouting report is pretty important, IMO. Also, as you figured out, that "6 million transfer budget" isn't really that much because you don't have any excess wages allocated. In order to free up 50k/week for my 2 free signings, I was down to about 2.6 million + wages for a third player. Those wages add up quickly as it is essentially 52 * that number hit on your transfer budget. So in order to free up wages to pay a player who demands 30k/week wages, you need to eliminate 1.6 million from your transfer budget. You have a couple of months before the transfer window closes, so I actually recommend seeing how your players play before you make a big signing. I wish I would have, lol.

You should also keep in mind that you will have a fair number of contracts expiring this season, and you need to renegotiate with those dudes (they always want more). I renegotiated with only a few of them and the increased demands from the players I negotiated with will still probably more than make up for the players I'm dropping at the end of the year.

Really makes you look at that 72k/week Toivonen salary. I'm paying the rest of my "key players" in the 35-40k range, so he's making double what they are.

osick87

Community Liaison
Transfers v2

So instead of 1 good player my first go, I ended up getting 3 guys that will improve my depth and should develop into good players.

First is Verboom. The most expensive of the 3 @ 3.2 million. I assume I was able to get him cheaper because loaned him back to his old club until the end of the year. THis will also help with the wages this year in an effort to extend a few people. Looks solid all around 21 yrs old.

bbis8Un.png

Next is Welinton. I nabbed him for 500k. I don't know why he was so cheap. Youngish, solid enough that he should be more. Oh well.

fsnDLWX.png

Next is Frimpong. Cheap. Young. Solid defender.

dau8baT.png

THat concludes my transfers. Sured up my defending depth

osick87

Community Liaison
Reserve Match

I'm still fuckiing with OBS. I took off the song thing and added a small text thing. Odds are that will be gone in the third game.

Reserves wise:
Ntep had a nice run and cross for the reserve's 3rd.

Ngohbo looked good.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
holy shit Ola Toivonen makes $75k per week in real life? :crying:

osick87

Community Liaison
First Ligue 1 game

First thing I noticed is that this ref has given out 7 yellows in two games. I figured he's quick with them so I started with the instructions of defense stay on the ground.

Feret was amazing. 3 goals and his cross off the corner was the other goal. I promptly took him off being transfer listed. Winning 4-1 with Pitroipa not in is nice.

osick87

Community Liaison
Game 2 vs Nice

Next up was Nice.

Stade first goal

Scored off a pinball like corner. Bounced off of about 6 guys before Armand put it in. Wasn't pretty, but neither is Armand.

Nice first goal

I blame this on the shitty ad Spotify played. Scored off a counter attack. Nice seems fast and my back line gets sucked up and they never recovered. Nice cross. Goal scorer does a cool summersault.

I sub Ola out to keep him fresh and to give Grosicki some time.

Stade 2nd goal

Beautiful passing from Oliviera. Grosicki is the benefactor of a fucking dandy.

Stade 3rd goal

Lucky bounce off Nice defender right to Grosicki. Looks like my sub paid off.

Nice 2nd goal

Out paced my whole team. May be a trend. I realized that I should make my defenders stand off opponents if they are getting countered that bad. That was my biggest learning point from this game.

So far I am enjoying this team. Defense needs work but strong offence.

Next game songs includes ABBA @Irishman

Game 3 vs Evian

Evian's Jersey's are pretty sweet.

Stade first goal
Lucky bounce to open Oliveira. We had possession close to their box for awhile before that.

Evian first goal
Corner. No clue why my goalie was at the back post but oh well

Stade Second goal
FERRRRRRRRRRRET
preferret.jpg

Other thoughts
Had some real nice chances in the 2nd half.

Will look to put Welinton and Assandrini in more.

Romero had chances when I put him in. I passionately said I was delighted and he switched off. I guess I have to be calm around this fucking mouse.

osick87

Community Liaison
In the week leading up to my game vs LOSC

• Offered Pitroipa to teams with no biters. His performance hasn't been great lately so I was hoping to ship him out and have some transfer budget for January (Not sure if I get extra money then)

• Makoun is hurt of a month with a sprained ankle. This move means that Konradsen and Pajot will likely be starting in the CM spots with Frimpong coming on for defensive help when I am up. Makoun was my anchor back there. Well at least this is going to help develop the youngsters

osick87

Community Liaison
Lille game

Lille goal
Nice cross to Kalou. I figure some shit was going to go down. Kalou gets position on my D. This would become a trend.

Highlight

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FERRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad_ferret-3472.jpg

Stade goal
Another lunchbox goal from Armand. Corner bounced to him. Bingo Bango He heads it in.

Stade Goal

Penalty shot by Oliviera. Foul seemed rather week but beggars can't be choosers.

Stade Goal

Great Pass by Oliviera. Nice finish by Pitriopa.

Lille Goal

Kalou gets behind the d

Highlight

Wonderful save by Coutsil

Lille goal

My defence is horrendous. Kalou tells them to Eat ass

Highlight
Nice save by Lille keeper. Thought I may have fluked out a victory

Kalou was a terror this game.

After the game you can see me tell Oliviera that I thought he did well. Did that piss some of the fellas off, boy howdy.

osick87

Community Liaison
With 15 mins left in transfer deadline, Manager Osick starts conversation, offers contract and accepts deal to Oumaouche

IQzSR7V.png

I needed RB depth and he can provide that and depth at other positions. His defence seems pretty doo doo so I will have to start him against weaker teams to give Danze a breather.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Tony/Tiny Danze definitely gets a run around in Asymmetric formation, so it has been nice to be able to give him a breather at times.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Can you post your assistant's ratings? I've never played in the French League, but I still find it hard to believe that guy is 2 stars.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Can you post your assistant's ratings? I've never played in the French League, but I still find it hard to believe that guy is 2 stars.

My 2star player looks better, IMO. Osick picked his guy up on a free I think.

Edit: I guess my guy is 2.5 stars

14308051449_6cc1e4220b_b.jpg

osick87

Community Liaison
Imgur is being difficult

That is his potential. Right now he is .5

Attachments

• report.png
    report.png
    384.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Troin.png
    Troin.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 10

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah my guy's potential ended up sucking. My scout said it was 4 stars. Get him in and my assistant tells me it is 2.5 or 3 stars. WOMP WOMP WOMP.

That's okay because he's played really well so far this season as a sub.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Imgur is being difficult

That is his potential. Right now he is .5

Hmmm, your ass man isn't as bad as I would have thought. Personally, for me, I like my ass man to be good at motivating, tactical knowledge (both of those because I have him manage the reserves/youth teams), judging ability and potential. When I say good, I generally mean 15+, but maybe 17+ for judging ability and potential - there are a lot staffers in the game with high stats in both of those categories. Anything else is a bonus.

Yeah my guy's potential ended up sucking. My scout said it was 4 stars. Get him in and my assistant tells me it is 2.5 or 3 stars. WOMP WOMP WOMP.

That's okay because he's played really well so far this season as a sub.

Your scout might be right, and if he higher judging potential ability than your ass man, I'd go with him. The great thing about this game is that you can't really rely on how your staff rates people. You have to come up with your own opinion still. Quite often I look who my staff "highly recommends" and just laugh. And this is even though I generally play with bigger teams - at Inter, most of my scouts have judging potential/ability at 17/17+.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I always get seperate managers for Reserves/Youths as long as I'm big enough. In 2022 Benfica I have Trezeguet at Assman and Dempsey at Youth Coach (can't really touch my reserves at Benfica B)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I always get seperate managers for Reserves/Youths as long as I'm big enough. In 2022 Benfica I have Trezeguet at Assman and Dempsey at Youth Coach (can't really touch my reserves at Benfica B)

Is there a reason why?

For me, I want as much overlapping as possible. I've always been able to have enough coaches to handle all of the training without more than a moderate work load. I hate that I have separate youth coaches to be honest, because it means the effectiveness of training will generally be different from my senior to my youth team.

osick87

Community Liaison
I sort of effed myself with not scouting more free guys throughout. I found this guy but the board cancelled the deal that would have paid him 8k.

T3Sqagr.png

osick87

Community Liaison
Hmmm, your ass man isn't as bad as I would have thought. Personally, for me, I like my ass man to be good at motivating, tactical knowledge (both of those because I have him manage the reserves/youth teams), judging ability and potential. When I say good, I generally mean 15+, but maybe 17+ for judging ability and potential - there are a lot staffers in the game with high stats in both of those categories. Anything else is a bonus.

Your scout might be right, and if he higher judging potential ability than your ass man, I'd go with him. The great thing about this game is that you can't really rely on how your staff rates people. You have to come up with your own opinion still. Quite often I look who my staff "highly recommends" and just laugh. And this is even though I generally play with bigger teams - at Inter, most of my scouts have judging potential/ability at 17/17+.

My staff
9R9qj4Y.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Partly because I like having as many former players as coaches (Whether real guys or regens once the game gets that far in) :thumbsup: I also like developing coaches and seeing them go on elsewhere. But story wise aside, I guess I worry about workload a bit too much and always like to have a full staff if possible.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Partly because I like having as many former players as coaches (Whether real guys or regens once the game gets that far in) :thumbsup: I also like developing coaches and seeing them go on elsewhere. But story wise aside, I guess I worry about workload a bit too much and always like to have a full staff if possible.

Fair enough. I've just never seen something that says that coaches are less effective if they coach the reserves/U20.