• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rules Infractions/Gameplay complaints

Akecheta

I wish I had the time to take videos of this stuff, but the sliders should reflect reality:
8 man box vs. standards runs should mean 1-2 yards max.
The problem is over correction, I almost feel like we have to make a small adjustment this off season to ONE slider and see where that takes it. Then one more if needed the next season. I don't want big swings taken and making it worse.

Walter323

I wish I had the time to take videos of this stuff, but the sliders should reflect reality:
8 man box vs. standards runs should mean 1-2 yards max.
Many of the runs were 1-2 yard gains with the stacked box which it should have been, but then there would be 2 or 3 in a row that had either bad pursuit by the cpu or something else like that. Not sure what adjustment can be made buy I agree the running game is a little overpowering

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I suggest we tweak sliders to turn down run blocking. @Walter323 was able to run at will against 9 man boxes. Husker was able to do the same.

I think a lot of the defensive fronts we're using is due to the run game being OP for the shotgun.

I disagree wholeheartedly with ALL of this. I can't speak to your game against @Walter323 but that's absolutely false about our game. I was held to a season low rushing against you, rushing for just 119 yards on 29 carries (4.1 ypc). That is not only a season worst for me, but honestly might be a top 5 all-time bad rushing game for me. My game vs @bruin228 didn't go a whole lot better, he held me to 147 on 37 which is actually less per carry (a little under 4 ypc).

If you load the box, you are going to have success stopping the run. Bruin had 12 tackles for loss in our game, he had no difficulty getting through with an extra man and my run game devolved to a bunch of 1-2 yard gains with me breaking the occasional decent gain when I caught him out of position pre-snap because of my tempo.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the run game sliders. Some of you think putting bodies in the box automatically means the run should be shut down against you, without regard for what those bodies are doing post-snap. Quite a few people in this OD try to load the box and still play man coverage, that is absolutely pointless because the first move of every defender in the box will be to cover their man, not step up in run D. @bruin228 spent most of the game in zone disguised to look like man and because of it, he absolutely demolished my run game because his alley defenders (SS) set the edge and he filled manually.

I can't remember the last time I didn't have the #1 run defense in this OD and there is a good reason for that, I'm 95% zone and I understand what my CPU controlled defenders are going to do and can cover the rest manually. My defense is incredibly passive against the run. I'm not going to overload the box, I'm not going to bring my slot defenders tight to the formation vs spread looks and I'm not going to walk my free safety into the box pre-snap. Because I keep my defense fairly loose, I'm able to more easily adjust. Some of you are SO aggressive defending the run that you're taking yourself out of position before the snap and it is an easy run lane for me and the second level run fits are terrible.

For those of you struggling with run defense, try being more passive and think more perimeter contain and manual clean up as opposed to trying to make every play manually. You cannot do that in this game or you will get wrecked. @NavyHog is a really good example of someone who plays a very passive manual safety. He will let you make your move in the backfield and then clean up, he isn't trying to just bum rush you and blow every play up. It takes very good stick skills to play absurdly aggressive with safeties, if you don't have them, you're doing more harm than good overloading the box.

I would also recommend those of you with tackling problems look at who you're putting on the field. This is a spread-heavy league so most of us are hardwired to play defense with 3 LB and 5 DB on the field to counter that. You need to in order to stop the pass, but most LBs and DBs have shaky tackle ratings. Look at the awareness, pursuit, play recognition and tackle ratings of your 11 defensive starters. Just putting the best overall rating player on the field isn't always the smart move on user edited rosters, I play quite a few lower overall players just because they have a certain rating that fits their role better.

Just some thoughts on the matter, I would highly, HIGHLY recommend against changing any sliders involving the run game. The gun run game is overpowered relative to the run game from other sets, we all know that, but slider changes aren't going to fix that. In fact, changing sliders will only make the people in the league who are trying to run a more under center/pistol pro power oriented run game ditch it in order to run more gun stuff. It's the game we've got, sliders aren't going to change that and the current set of sliders is very fair for both sides. The few negative aspects of these sliders are necessary evils in order to keep things relatively balanced.

If you want to see overpowered run sliders, go play in BSCFL for two weeks. As someone who runs for 500 yards a game there, even I think it is insane. The sliders we have here are really good. While I do agree 10000% with @NavyHog about dropped INTs, I worry about overcorrection with that slider. INTs can go from dropped all of them to catch 6 of them with very little change to that slider. I'd rather see incomplete passes than games where the two teams go 42 of 48 with 3 INT between them.

Just my thoughts on the subject, I'm sure they'll be ignored.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I had to put 7 in the box against 10 personnel and you were still picking up 7-8 yard chunks at times. That indicates something wrong with the run sliders.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I had to put 7 in the box against 10 personnel and you were still picking up 7-8 yard chunks at times. That indicates something wrong with the run sliders.

Are you kidding me? I ran 37 times for 147 yards and you had 12 tackles for loss on those 37 carries. You seriously think something is wrong with the run sliders when 1/3 of my rush attempts in a game were stopped behind the line of scrimmage.

A few decent runs are going to happen when someone rushes 37 times. That 147 yards includes two runs of 20+ yards including a 23 yard touchdown by my QB. My two tailbacks combined to run 24 times for 81 yards (3.3 per carry). The only play in the game where I ran for "7-8 yard chunks" vs a loaded box was when I ran a FB dive that happened to go for 7 yards. That was bullshit, I'm not going to lie, but it happens.

Like I said above, putting players in the box does not automatically = good run defense. Especially when you're showing a single high 425 look vs 10 personnel spread. That is not an overwhelming advantage. I have 5 plus the QB so I'm just -1 and I can get the 1 back by splitting the field in half and adding an extra man playside, that's why I ran so much trap from 10 personnel.

-------------------------------F------------------------------
-----------------SS--------B----B---------SS---------------
-----C------------------E--T----T--E------------------C-----
-----X-------------------T-G-C-G-T-------------------Z-----
----------------A-----------------------------Y---------------
-------------------------------Q------------------------------
----------------------------------T----------------------------

That's the look I got all game with your free safety manually walked down to add a 7th man. You see 7 in the box, -1, and think you have numbers. I see 4 on 4 with even numbers, everyone left of the center in red is out of the play by alignment. That leaves my 4 players in blue for your 4 players in blue. My inside zone game is more veer than inside zone and attacks the two orange gaps.

I get a double team on your tackle, my tackle picks up your backer and my QB accounts for the end with a read. That leaves you needing to fight off my tackle rotating off his double team to make a good user v user tackle with your safety. Most of the time you made it, sometimes you didn't. When I add trap, I insert an extra man without losing anything backside. When I went 3x1, you rarely brought the weak side strong safety over, which left me with an extra man play side (a receiver with block ratings).

When you brought your strong safety into the box instead of your free safety, you had very little difficulty stopping my run game because that legitimately added a man I couldn't account for. When you're just walking a free safety down and expecting him to be the 7th man, that presumes you can make the tackle in space.

This is the stuff I'm talking about, 7 in the box vs 10 personnel is not automatic, nor should it be. You absolutely shut down my run game but there were multiple situations where I just had you out numbered play side and beat you with it. That's how football works, that isn't slider related, it is entirely based on alignment. You were SO aggressive with your user free safety at times that you took yourself completely out of the play before the play even started, and if you don't think you were being excessively aggressive with your user free safety...

IMG_2130.JPG

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol that's the point bud, I have to bring the safety into the box just to stop the run from 10 personnel.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I play zone 70% of the time and defenders continue to derp. I've considering going manual safety, but I have always played the mike.

This year, I moved a few fast DE's to OLB to play a Reggie Ragland type role. They tackle well but take poor angles and can't get off blocks.

@TXHusker05 Our game was anecdotal. You're averaging at least 300 YPG right? With little option and 11 personnel, that shouldn't be happening against loaded boxes.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
2 rule changes effective immediately:

You may use Chew Clock in the following instances:
- the last 2 minutes of either half
- If up by 28 points in the 4th quarter

Scoring cap is 70 points against the CPU or USER unless the game is within 14 points.