• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rutgers MikeLeachFU.gif talks Rutgers

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Kinda disappointed I won't be able to make a trip out to the Rose Bowl now, but at least Syracuse is more winnable game. Plus I still have my trip to Minnesota to bother @CJ_24 to look forward to.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
punchy2.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Do you think Ash has any pressure on him whatsoever? Throwing a true freshman in whatever Rutgers' passing offense was last year does not seem like a recipe for short-term success.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Do you think Ash has any pressure on him whatsoever? Throwing a true freshman in whatever Rutgers' passing offense was last year does not seem like a recipe for short-term success.
Different OC again this year, different system. I think Kill was having more issues with the seizures then he let on. I think you could see Rescigno (5th year senior) start the first 2 games, and while he’s a gamer I don’t think you are gonna do a lot with the offense.

As far as Ash goes, the Big Ten East schedule is always going to be tough, plus crossover games at Wisky and Northwestern, but the OOC slate sets up well to get 3 wins there. I don’t think Ash is in any jeopardy unless they go 2-10 again or have a major scandal.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Gamer is, uh, not the word I would use to describe Rescigno :laughing:

But yeah, it would make sense to let him start the first two games, give the freshman some time against Texas State, and then permanently insert the freshman. And then hope he doesn't get killed and hope the passing offense goes from god-awful to just bad.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Rutgers could pass Indiana and Maryland in the east in the near future. But it's probably going to take a couple of more years and some offensive continuity.

Renegade

Charge on!
I hope I live to see the day that Rutgers wins the B1G and goes to the Rose Bowl and the Rose Bowl decides to cancel the parade and pitch the sort of fit they did when they got TCU.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I hope I live to see the day that Rutgers wins the B1G and goes to the Rose Bowl and the Rose Bowl decides to cancel the parade and pitch the sort of fit they did when they got TCU.

Nah. They will just cancel The Rose Bowl Game and play a polo match instead.