• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This is nuts. Q3 is where everyone is on brand new softs so we'll see the true order in the next 20 minutes. Track evolution is also rapid so everyone is going to want to get out last.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ferrari gonna blow up in the race. They've blatently been nervous about turning this engine up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Oof. Just read a gloomer post from a Merc fan on the lines of "RB are just making it look close so they don't panic Liberty into forcing reg changes"....
Mind you he's probably just a depressed asshole as the teams have so much info on each other these days that there's no way anyone could get away with this. Apparently Horner was saying they can detect which engine mode the other teams are running in seconds. I'm sure Merc would be shouting about it if they thought RB were deliberately coasting.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oof. Just read a gloomer post from a Merc fan on the lines of "RB are just making it look close so they don't panic Liberty into forcing reg changes"....
Mind you he's probably just a depressed asshole as the teams have so much info on each other these days that there's no way anyone could get away with this. Apparently Horner was saying they can detect which engine mode the other teams are running in seconds. I'm sure Merc would be shouting about it if they thought RB were deliberately coasting.

this has happened before though hasn’t it? I’m still new so I might be conflating stories here but was it merc that had an engine mode 7-8 years ago that blew everyone away? It would seem like Toto should figure it out if some dude on a forum did tho.

I checked the odds for WCC and it’s kind of crazy that Red Bull is only -180

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
this has happened before though hasn’t it? I’m still new so I might be conflating stories here but was it merc that had an engine mode 7-8 years ago that blew everyone away? It would seem like Toto should figure it out if some dude on a forum did tho.

I checked the odds for WCC and it’s kind of crazy that Red Bull is only -180

Yeah but I think technology for spying has become a shit load more advanced since then so there's no way that RB are using secret engine modes or coasting. Also the Merc "secret engine mode" was probably just a high risk overclock setting or that they just nerfed their supply engines (I think it was Lotus using a Merc engine that rumoured it).

Wolfman21

Fractured left tibia for chase. Took a 3 hour surgery. For reference on recovery timeline…Kyle Busch has compound fracture of right tibia and fibula and fracture of left foot and he was out for about 2 and a half months. Could see chase being back around the first of may

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wow. After the excitement of qualifying this season looks like it's going to be dog shit. RB miles ahead of Ferrari who are miles ahead of Merc. Only interesting thing is going to be Alonso vs Hamilton for P5. When Bahrain has about as much action as Monaco, you know there's a problem.

Is Ocon trying to be the worst

Ocon is detestable. One of the only interesting things about this race seeing him implode.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Fractured left tibia for chase. Took a 3 hour surgery. For reference on recovery timeline…Kyle Busch has compound fracture of right tibia and fibula and fracture of left foot and he was out for about 2 and a half months. Could see chase being back around the first of may
He’d better be back for Wilkesboro. Only race I’m going to all year, I’ll be pissed if he’s still out.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So Ferrari were slow up till quali because the engine was turned down so as not to blow it up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Is Alonso going to be in trouble on the last few laps? Really giving no heed to tyre deg.

Wolfman21

Is Alonso going to be in trouble on the last few laps? Really giving no heed to tyre deg.

Hes over 5 seconds ahead of Sainz, who is holding up Hamilton, and pulling away while taking care of the car. No, hes not going to have an issue

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Hes over 5 seconds ahead of Sainz, who is holding up Hamilton, and pulling away while taking care of the car. No, hes not going to have an issue

Yes. He's taking care of the car which suggests that he also thought he may be in trouble if he didn't.

Wolfman21

Yes. He's taking care of the car which suggests that he also thought he may be in trouble if he didn't.

Yet hes still gapping everyone behind him. Pretty good for the not second fastest team on the grid to take care of your tires and still destroy everyone else sans red bull. Stroll faster than Mercedes and Ferrari right now with a broken wrist and half an ounce of talent, lol

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yet hes still gapping everyone behind him. Pretty good for the not second fastest team on the grid to take care of your tires and still destroy everyone else sans red bull. Stroll faster than Mercedes and Ferrari right now with a broken wrist and half an ounce of talent, lol

So Merc had the second fastest car last year in all the races that the Ferrari blew up? :nebraskaman:

Wolfman21

good on Williams, getting a point in the first race of the season.

Most disappointing: Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes..........Mclaren is just horrid, Ferrari still breaking and Mercedes just....slow.
Most happy: Red Bull and Aston Martin....best race paces on the grid IMO
What American Team doing? Haas takes a step back from where they were last year

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
And I suggested Alonso should start looking after his tyres and he did. Was my only point. You really are an insufferable contrarian twat.

Wolfman21

So Merc had the second fastest car last year in all the races that the Ferrari blew up? :nebraskaman:

Were they running down Ferraris at full race pace and then gapping them by 9 seconds in ~ 10 laps? Didn't think so.

Go look at the stats and tell us where Mercedes is gonna make improvements mid season and make this a 3 way race for the championship. Your F1 knowledge is beyond compare, so we'd love to hear it, lol

Wolfman21

And I suggested Alonso should start looking after his tyres and he did. Was my only point. You really are an insufferable contrarian twat.

as the tv guys said, he said he was gonna stay off the kerbs to look after the suspension, not so much the tires. As his pace showed, he wasn't really looking after the tires...he was just fast.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Were they running down Ferraris at full race pace and then gapping them by 9 seconds in ~ 10 laps? Didn't think so.

Go look at the stats and tell us where Mercedes is gonna make improvements mid season and make this a 3 way race for the championship. Your F1 knowledge is beyond compare, so we'd love to hear it, lol

I don't think Merc are going to have much chance considering they're going to change concept now.

Why do you always have to be such a dick?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well, yeah, I couldn’t care less if anyone else on here laughed. I’m here for my own entertainment and screwing with you provided ample amounts of it, lol

This is what I don't get. Ur nasty to me but then you come out with the homoerotic stuff. Classic crush behaviour.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well he's not wrong. No blame culture works when you're dominating but when you're not winning someone got something wrong, then if they double down on that mistake it's probably time to blame