• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

Well he's not wrong. No blame culture works when you're dominating but when you're not winning someone got something wrong, then if they double down on that mistake it's probably time to blame

not sayin hes wrong…just saying if the driver is throwing the team under the bus after the first race…those guys are in for a long season

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
preview.jpg

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Does a driver HAVE to serve a penalty at the next stop? I was under the assumption that they could just race to the end and then have 5 seconds added at the end of the race? That would seem preferable rather than attempt to serve a penalty and then muck it up.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Shame that the race didn’t continue from the order after the final crashes, Haas would have had a podium, since Sainz would have had a post-race 5 second penalty.

Then they should have let Danny Ric give out the 3rd place trophy so he could scream
Nicooooooooooooooooooooooo
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulkenbeeeeeeeeerg
on the mic

Wolfman21

it was a complete shitshow. IMO, there are only two places that F1 beats NASCAR. First is the presentation. From the lack of commercials, to the commentators, to the fact that every race feels big....i feel like thats most of the appeal. Second is the driver personalities/nationalities. Every driver is different and brings a little something different. Nascar used to have that....they miss it now. Otherwise, holy shit...the racing is so bad. I'll admit there are moments when the racing "looks" bad, but its actually quite interesting...like the back and forth between alonso and hamilton during the aussie GP. But man....i'd much rather watch a nascar race than an F1 race if I had to make the choice. F1 racing in general is just not good. The cars are too damn big and the difference from, not just top to bottom, but top to 5th is way too large.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Both series have a problem with the cars being ridiculously aero dependent. The cars work great in open air, but as soon as they get behind someone, the handling turns to trash. If they want to get back to racing like it was in the 90s, then they need to shed as much downforce and aero dependency as possible. F1 should consider running a single element front wing, narrowing the front wing, or maybe even no front wing. NASCAR needs to get rid of the splitter, return to the air dam, and require a minimum height so that the cars aren't vacuumed down to the asphalt. There's a reason they used to be able to run side by side and nose to tail at tracks like Charlotte, and they can't do it anymore.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No way Leclerc finishes the race tomorrow. Ferrari have clearly turned his car up to engine death mode.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I like it. More entertaining than watching FP2 and 3, and it's good that it doesn't set the grid for the race.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's better than it was but it still seems weird. It goes race stuff - unrelated sprint - race stuff. Only one practice so they can't dial things in how they probably want to. Seems like it should be Friday but then you'd have to do practice - qualifying - sprint in one day and probably one more practice saturday before the real qualifying.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Need to mix up the sprint race if they plan to keep it. If it’s not going to affect the Sunday race, then do a reverse starting grid or something.

They could also add ballast based on points or something. Running 2 races with the same guys in the same starting spots :Straight-Face:

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's better than it was but it still seems weird. It goes race stuff - unrelated sprint - race stuff. Only one practice so they can't dial things in how they probably want to. Seems like it should be Friday but then you'd have to do practice - qualifying - sprint in one day and probably one more practice saturday before the real qualifying.

I think they have too much practice with three. With just one it's more of a leveller. Pretty sure it was a factor in Leclerc and Perez getting ahead of Max as he just didn't have enough time to dial the car in and I suppose those two got luckier with setups.

Reverse grid would be good but I think having it all on a Saturday is quite fun and I definitely like the way the two things are now seperate.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Leclerc is going to blow up tomorrow though. I would love to see him win, but I am 100% that they've dialed that thing to danger mode again.

Wolfman21

Leclerc is going to blow up tomorrow though. I would love to see him win, but I am 100% that they've dialed that thing to danger mode again.

100%?

anyways, you guys see where ocon almost ran over some reporters and photographers because they opened pit lane to them before tha race was over? Someones gonna lose a job

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Elon Musk in the Red Bull garage. You'd think someone in Red Bull's PR team might think it was a good idea to expand thier supporter base outside of white supremicist free speech weirdos.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Charles doing the only thing that could have made this race entertaining. I thank him for his sacrifice.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I hope you guys got the Martin Brundle grid walk. One of the most hilarious I've seen with Jackie Stewart breaking through a barrier to acost Roger Federer on Martin's behalf when he was trying to tell him to stop.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I hope you guys got the Martin Brundle grid walk. One of the most hilarious I've seen with Jackie Stewart breaking through a barrier to acost Roger Federer on Martin's behalf when he was trying to tell him to stop.

yeah we get the raw Sky Sports feed. that was hilarious

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Nah - Max wasn't too good, the strategy of mediums when the track had rubbered in and the cars were lighter was faster. Everyone who did it that way round benefited and finished up on thier start.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
They have to do something about DRS this season, everyone except Red bull gets stuck in a train and the RB has 10mph over everyone.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They have to do something about DRS this season, everyone except Redbull gets stuck in a train and the RB has 10mph over everyone.
They didn’t want to lengthen it until they got more data, I hope they have enough now

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Vegas gon be boring too. But da STRIP doe

I actually enjoyed the utter camp shitness of the introductions and circus in Miami. Hopefully they take it to the next level in Vegas and get David Copperfield to make the cars dissappear or something. The way the races are going it will be better entertainment.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I actually enjoyed the utter camp shitness of the introductions and circus in Miami. Hopefully they take it to the next level in Vegas and get David Copperfield to make the cars dissappear or something. The way the races are going it will be better entertainment.
They’re definitely going to, it’s going to be ridiculous

Bdub

I just can't handle F1 anymore. It's the most fundamentally broken sport I have ever seen. The racing is terrible and has been every year of the last decade but maybe one. When 90% of fans are watching for the drama and soap opera of the sport then you have a serious problem. IndyCar is so much better, it's a shame no one watches it.