• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sports Bar Random Discussion Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Three years without a championship, the Red Sox might be headed back to the World Series and....

In getting knocked off its perch, the true identity of the Boston sports fan has returned
We’re finally back to being just like every other sports fan in the country.

KILL ME PETE. Boston sports fans are the absolute worst.

Headline on the same day:

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Is Stephen A. Smith vs. Chris Russo the idealized final form of First Take?

giphy.gif

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Stephen A. Smith is tolerable precisely one time per year, and that is whenever the Cowboys are eliminated from playoff contention.

His clowning on Cowboys fans helps me sleep soundly at night.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Tying your business model to cable television was a fucking stupid idea and cord cutters just pirated your shitty channel instead? Who would've thought!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Stephen A. Smith off-air with COVID-19 just 10 months after near-death experience with the virus
"It’s bad enough I’m out with Covid — although I am feeling much better than I did last December."

giphy.gif

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
It’s not as bad on TV because you can flick over to another game but it kills the in stadium experience. They should show ads during special teams plays or something so the fans don’t have to stand and sit like Catholics at church

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed

But y tho?

According to a report from Andrew Marchand of the New York Post , Herbstreit's total 2022 salary should be somewhere around $18 million.

Marchand reported that Herbstreit is making "$10-plus million per year" with Amazon Prime, bringing him to "in the $18 million per year neighborhood with ESPN and Amazon combined," although Herbstreit declined to comment when asked.

CJ_24

I should clarify. I understand why the original Kirko did it. I just don't understand why the bosses approved it. Who was demanding that much Herbstreit?

CJ_24

Turns out the answer to who would possibly read zombie Deadspin is unsurprisingly people with as bad of opinions as CJ
And u would, unsurprisingly, be wrong. It popped up on mah twitter feed which has, also unsurprisingly, some Minnesota sports on it.

The writer seems like a typical Chicago dumbass. But it's always fun to troll 'Sota a little

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
And u would, unsurprisingly, be wrong. It popped up on mah twitter feed which has, also unsurprisingly, some Minnesota sports on it.

The writer seems like a typical Chicago dumbass. But it's always fun to troll 'Sota a little

I didn't say you read it, I said people with equally bad of opinions as you apparently read it