• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sports Bar Random Discussion Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
No time for that today, lol. I'm actually softening on Elway the VP since he brought Kubiak to Denver. I just like Kubiak's offense so much more than whatever the fuck John Fox does. Whenever Brick was running the rollout off the stretch plays I was fapping so hard. For a full quarter after being made look stupid by a gangly 6'8 QB on a rollout, the backside DE would freeze and stay home on every zone play, meaning Denver didn't even have to chip him which allows for that extra front side blocker just like zone reads. Gloriously simple concept of constraint plays, but I love that particular one.

Still loathe Elway doe. I can't even look at his horse teeth without seeing red.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you can't see the difference between Brady and Peyton then I don't know what to tell you. I don't even like Brady, but he's instrumental in helping Belichick create that absurd team identity of having a chip on their shoulder even though they are the ones who get caught cheating. That's leadership and he plays his role well.

What is the defining identity of Manning teams through the years? Winning games by a million points when it doesn't matter? Being soft? Folding under pressure?

bruin

when things are going good. @Travis7401

when things are going bad.

maxresdefault.jpg

fuck him.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I feel like a reel leader would probably be out on the sideline encouraging his guys, weather be damned. Osweiler seems like a dolt but a team playing dolt at that.

Remember the Mike Vanderjagt shit? He may have been a drunk but I hardly think calling him an "idiot kicker" to the press is a selfless move.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you guys think I rant about Manning a lot on Utopia, you should see me in the office. Made all the Broncos fans so mad all season by saying Manning sucks and that I'm not watching till he's gone. These are the type of Broncos fans who call him "PFM," lol. They were feeling real cocky after the Packers game and razzing me, but I told them "Make ur time," that limp noodle arm still floating every wobbly pass just waiting for good defenders to pick him off.

Two weeks later, they were all made as fuck and ready to kill me. I told them not to worry because Brick would be better just by virtue of not throwing 42 interceptions per game and the fact that we can actually run the offense with him brick since he has functioning human legs instead of malfunctioning robot appendages freezing up like the Tin Man without his oil can.

Monday morning two of them came up to me "you know, the offense does look a little better..."

Bdub

I feel like a reel leader would probably be out on the sideline encouraging his guys, weather be damned. Osweiler seems like a dolt but a team playing dolt at that.

Remember the Mike Vanderjagt shit? He may have been a drunk but I hardly think calling him an "idiot kicker" to the press is a selfless move.
After Vanderjagt talked a kinds of shit on him? What did you think Manning was going to say?

Bdub

Funny that Brady never traveled with the Pats when he had the knee injury. Rapistburger didn't travel with the Steelers during his recent injury. Funny how this is a big deal with Manning.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
After Vanderjagt talked a kinds of shit on him? What did you think Manning was going to say?

Obviously I don't remember the situation that well and I was kind of pulling that factoid out of my ass. Mostly just trolling. I would actually take a lot of joy out of Denver inserting Peyton back in the line-up and the Broncos completely imploding in the playoffs.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Funny that Brady never traveled with the Pats when he had the knee injury. Rapistburger didn't travel with the Steelers during his recent injury. Funny how this is a big deal with Manning.

It's only a big deal with fans of his on team on this fucking website. Nobody else gives a shit what the guy does. It's basically only @Travis7401 using it as a justification.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It's only a big deal with fans of his on team on this fucking website. Nobody else gives a shit what the guy does. It's basically only @Travis7401 using it as a justification.

Oh I look for every opportunity to shit on him.

For example, some people viewed the following picture as an example of his DEDICATION TO THE GAME. I view it as him spying on the team so he can rip them a new asshole after practice and then give them ANGRY DAD FACE. I hate him so much.

peyton-manning2.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If only there was some kind of device that would allow him to listen in without having to put his helmet on...

It was just for the photo-op, so he could look extra dedicated. I bet he doesn't even give to charitable causes with true good intentions, but only to selfishly to improve his #brand.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I don't. The helmet would prevent cold calling, and the facemask gets in the way of cocktailing.

Unless of course Corch Helton asked me to put it on. I'd run through a wall for that man.

you obviously know nothing about U$C baseball or you would not be in here posting whilst ignoring my @TrojanMan tag. U$C and cigars... and... I get nothing in return from you. Confirms my worst su$picions of u guy$

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
you obviously know nothing about U$C baseball or you would not be in here posting whilst ignoring my @TrojanMan tag. U$C and cigars... and... I get nothing in return from you. Confirms my worst su$picions of u guy$

Sorry buddy. Didn't see you tag me. Just looked it up. So you smoked cigars with Ensberg. Ummm......cool? Does he have any eligibility left? Baseball team hasn't won a shampship since he left.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
naw, he's nearing a coaching or broadcast gig or something... I forget. very funny and down to earth guy. I didn't know about him prior to the holiday... had more walks than hits one year; probably the best athlete I will ever share a smoke and a drink with ;)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Alternatively, I overcame that issue thanks to my superior athleticism and became a highly sought after D2 football recruit*

*when my coach accidentally sent out recruiting spreadsheet with 40 times that were off by a row and I was listed as running like a 4.5, lol. 6'4 215lb TE/DE running a 4.5? Coach's phone was ringing off the hook for a minute till he cleared that up.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
^^^ my ex after the one you met. having two older brothers and too much money will do that to you. There are some redeeming qualities in the latent position of her oral cavity though

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Actually when the steelers played at home and Ben was on crutches, he stood on the sideline the whole game without crutches because the steelers have some stupid "NO CRUTCHES ON DA SIDELINES" rule.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
A real leader, that rapist. I hang his Christmas ornament on my tree every year right next to the dog fighter and the murderer.

John Elway stays in the bottom of the ornament box doe, fuck his horse face.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Sweet Jebus the Rio Olympics are turning into a Grade A+++ Dumpster Fire.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_...tries-pay-air-conditioning-rooms-rio-olympics

This runs the list to:

1) Sailing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Rowing, Swimming leg of the Triathlon, and Open Water Swimming to take place in open water rife with sewage, disease, and life-threating bacteria.
2) Athletes need to pay for air conditioning in the Olympic Village rooms. Thankfully, the average August high in Rio is only 78 degrees.
3) Venues to be powered by temporary generators

Rio Olympics.....Catch the Fever or Dysentery or MRSA or Flesh-Eating Bacteria or......

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Sweet Jebus the Rio Olympics are turning into a Grade A+++ Dumpster Fire.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_...tries-pay-air-conditioning-rooms-rio-olympics

This runs the list to:

1) Sailing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Rowing, Swimming leg of the Triathlon, and Open Water Swimming to take place in open water rife with sewage, disease, and life-threating bacteria.
2) Athletes need to pay for air conditioning in the Olympic Village rooms. Thankfully, the average August high in Rio is only 78 degrees.
3) Venues to be powered by temporary generators

Rio Olympics.....Catch the Fever or Dysentery or MRSA or Flesh-Eating Bacteria or......
Rio de Janeiro...the Danger Zone.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
yZjoIv.png

The Panasonic Impulse came out on top at the end of a thrilling contest to win the Rice Bowl national championship game for the first time in eight years with a 22-19 victory over collegiate champion Ritsumeikan University at Tokyo Dome on Sunday.

Panasonic, which defeated the Fujitsu Frontiers in December’s Japan X Bowl, was victorious in the annual game for the fourth time.

Trailing 19-15 with 1 minute, 31 seconds left in the game, the X League squad took the lead on a spectacularly designed play.

Operating in their own territory, the Impulse ran a 55-yard scoring play that saw quarterback Tetsuo Takata sling a pass to wide receiver Koji Honda, who quickly lateraled the ball to wideout Taiji Koyama, who ran it into the end zone.

Ritsumeikan, which won the Koshien Bowl collegiate championship for the first time in seven years last month, tried to take the lead back in the waning moments but the Panasonic defense stood tall.

Ritsumeikan missed a 49-yard field goal that would’ve tied the game in the final seconds.

“There was no way I’d think this game would be like this, and it gave me a stomachache,” said veteran defensive lineman Yasuo Wakisaka, who has competed in all five IFAF World Championships. “(Ritsumeikan) had great chemistry and it’s been a while since we struggled like this. They were a really great team.”

Ritsumeikan, nicknamed the Panthers, was nearly the first collegiate team to win the Rice Bowl since 2009, when it beat Panasonic.

Quarterback Yuto Nishiyama completed a 54-yard pass to wide receiver Seiya Inokuma for a touchdown that gave the Panthers their first lead with 4:19 remaining in the fourth quarter.

But the more experienced Impulse weren’t rattled and capped the ensuing drive with their dazzling game-winning play.

“We still had time on the clock, so we just tried to play our kind of ball and retake the lead,” Panasonic head coach Nobuyoshi Araki said. “Things didn’t really go well for us today, but our players performed in the way they always do no matter what situation they face.”

The retiring Takata, a Ritsumeikan product who played the last game of his career, said he wasn’t able to play as well as he would’ve hoped, but was still happy to get the winning trophy in his hands because of the effort from the entire team.

“We played as a team, including our defense, today,” Takata said. “Indescribable emotions are pouring out of my heart right now.”

Takata completed 12 of 17 passes for 183 yards with one TD and an interception.

Panasonic running back Sho Yokota was named the Rice Bowl MVP. He finished with 88 yards rushing and scored a touchdown in the third quarter.

The Panthers’ Nishiyama threw for 207 yards, while Chuck Mills Trophy-winning running back Nanato Nishimura rushed for 97 yards and had a touchdown.

worst2first

I've entered the sports wasteland that appears every year between the Superb Owl and the start of beisbol. Ughh, nothing but hockey and basketball on my favorite sports talk radio station. Wake me up on opening day or maybe spring training.

Soonerfan09

Going to the GSW - LAC game on the 20th.
Thinking about hitting up a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 game in Anaheim as well.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I've entered the sports wasteland that appears every year between the Superb Owl and the start of beisbol. Ughh, nothing but hockey and basketball on my favorite sports talk radio station. Wake me up on opening day or maybe spring training.

One week until pitchers and catchers report. Who is your team?

I like college hoops during this time.