• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The 130th Annual WBL Winter Meetings in Paris, TEX-- umm, wait... TIJUANA, MEXICO!!!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The WBL Winter Meeting Committee would like to invite GM-Owner-Managers and their family and friends to the 129th annual WBL Winter Meetings in Paris, TEXAS!!! TIJUANA, MEXICO!!!

This year required great flexibility by the WBL Winter Meeting Committee - as soon as our plans were finalized in Paris, Texas, the host WBL team flew the coop and moved south of the border! This cost us millions in hotel and airfare to switch the site to Tijuana!

But fear not, unlike the Tijuana GM, Tijuana city has shed its rakish reputation and has undergone a complete renaissance! Although the lively bars serving tequila shots are still in plentiful supply, the Tijuana Cultural Center, the Estadio Caliente Stadium, and the El Popo Market offer a healthy dose of Mexican culture!

What's there to do in Tijuana besides try to understand what @hayvis is Tom Bout? Before scooting off for Tijuana's more lurid pleasures, grab a friend GM and visit the Museo de las Californias and learn about the human and natural history of the California peninsula!

Be sure to visit El Trompo with your Jr. GMs! In this interactive science and technology museum, your kids are sure to find a few hours of educational fun!.

But we know that Generations of GMs have crossed the border to cut loose for a night or two. Tijuana still conjures thoughts of margaritas, tequila and, yes, some of the seamier aspects of any border city. Zona Centro and specifically Avenida Revolución are still the places most friend GMs go to blow off steam. If you’re just out for some nightclubbing, try to avoid ending up in Zona Norte, one of North America’s largest red light zones!

A joint collaboration between the Winter Committee Meeting and the WBL Commissioner's Office, the Worldtopia Baseball League and their affiliated parties will gather at the 129th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings.

For six event-packed days, the host hotel will bring together front office personnel, trade show exhibitors and job seekers, all under one roof. Throughout the week, a number of notable events fill the agenda, including the Baseball Trade Show; the WBL Job Fair, presented by the ULG; the Banquet; the Bob Freitas Business Seminar & Workshop Series; the Awards Luncheon; and the Gala.

This year, the Workshop Series will feature several interesting breakout sessions such as:

VETERNONS COMMITTEE:
The WBL Winter Meetings committee has taken matters into our own hands. We hearby nominate Inonu and Rick Montgomery. These are the top two non-WOOLYROIDS players by WAR who are not in the Hall of GOATS. VOTE NOW.

STOP THE COUNT
@Mr. Radpants and @Orlando host a roundtable discussion on why the IFA poll was closed and votes were valid 28 days after the poll went up.

When Does Free Agency Start?
Long lost to the sands of time, we set out to solve an ancient mystery. Led by experts on the Jewish, Ancient Macedonian, Egyptian, and Chinese lunisolar calendars we will finally reach consensus on which day Free Agency starts.

Patience: VERY HIGH
A roundtable of UBL and WBL commissioners past, present, and future. The roundtable will include Bdub Selig, bOUd Selig, Qualandro Manfred, oSick187, and oRadpants. All former commissioners give @Karl Hungus advice and coping techniques for when NOTHING YOU DO IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH FOR THOSE PEOPLE

Mending Fences
The WBL welcomes back a long lost GM, featuring a live Q&A session with @fignuts

BLEAKSBURG
One GM flies south for winter. Will he find relief or more heartbreak?

And a live screening of a new film:

ESPSim Presents: Phi Helsa Sweda

They were the most popular Swedish fraternity on the campus of college baseball in the early 2080s. Led by a Swedish baseball player named Jösse Thoresen and a lightly recruited hometown kid named Helmar Andresen, the University of Sweden not only electrified fans with many viewers, but they also helped transform the game itself. In this 30 for 30 film, director Sim Rives brings back the high-flying circus act under ringmaster Qualandro Orlando and spins a tale of true greatness and crushing heartbreak. But while exploring that larger narrative, Rives also focuses on the disappearance of literally all the Swedes, including enigmatic role player Eli Swanstrom, and the lasting brotherhood that compels other Swedes to try to find their brothers after more than two days of mystery.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Doh Kurkjian on Inonu:

• Won a MVP when he was 38
  • 6x Playoff Series MVP (CLUTCH!)
  • 3 ships in 4 years with 3 different teams
  • Involved in multiple official COCKbusters
  • 10th All-time in WAR by position players (tied with HoGmate Rick Montgomery!)
  • 500 HR/300 SB club (just 4 members)

THANK YOU

Soonerfan09

Doh Kurkjian on Inonu:

THANK YOU
Do Peder so I know what the fuss is.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Doh Kurkjian on Inonu:

THANK YOU
Lank me plz

Wolfman21

He's an overrated saves stat guy @Lloyd Carr with a 3.73 ERA.

giphy.gif

@ZackMills

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I didn't realize that we can set our own draft budget. I thought owners dictated that. What do you all have yours set to?

Oddly, I spend $11M this past budget, but projected for this year is $3.9M and that's what my draft budget is set to.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I didn't realize that we can set our own draft budget. I thought owners dictated that. What do you all have yours set to?

Oddly, I spend $11M this past budget, but projected for this year is $3.9M and that's what my draft budget is set to.

Mine is $5m. Always too little, forever forgetting to change it.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday

10m? If theres extra it goes to the coffers. Helps appease the owner imo