• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The 2020 perpetual OFFSEASON THREAD

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
VigilantDownrightBlackcrappie-small.gif

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Jason Fields, the Star quarterback of Ohio state college n Netflix drama series QB1, has started a petition to allow him to play this year.

We will see how far money can take you in society with this. It is for sure his grandmother’s cookie company fortune will be utilized in this intitiative. She is quoted as saying “I’ve signed my beloved grandson Jason’s petition ....and several checks to people in power.”

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I kinda feel bad for all the footbaw people who were under the impression that it was some huge financial boon for the overall university. Them nerd university presidents who hate football finally getting the chance to swing their big dicks around, now that the REAL big money is on the line, lol.

CSU fucked up COVID AND RACISM both! I wouldn’t be surprised if they can everyone remotely involved in that embarrassment and turn the new stadium into a dorm, lol!

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I kinda feel bad for all the footbaw people who were under the impression that it was some huge financial boon for the overall university. Them nerd university presidents who hate football finally getting the chance to swing their big dicks around, now that the REAL big money is on the line, lol.

CSU fucked up COVID AND RACISM both! I wouldn’t be surprised if they can everyone remotely involved in that embarrassment and turn the new stadium into a dorm, lol!

This. I was listening to a show n some dude from Idaho called in and said that since close states football is shut down the achool can’t operate. Being a numbers man, I looked into this. Boise’s football team brings in 56mill of revenue(unsure of the net.). Boise states univ total budget is 516mil: I’m assuming that is the spend. Assuming all the football revenue is profit that’s a lil over 10%. The school may operste at a loss. But that’s what taking out a loan or dipping into ur rainy day fund is for. The school won’t collapse.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This. I was listening to a show n some dude from Idaho called in and said that since close states football is shut down the achool can’t operate. Being a numbers man, I looked into this. Boise’s football team brings in 56mill of revenue(unsure of the net.). Boise states univ total budget is 516mil: I’m assuming that is the spend. Assuming all the football revenue is profit that’s a lil over 10%. The school may operste at a loss. But that’s what taking out a loan or dipping into ur rainy day fund is for. The school won’t collapse.

And Boise state is basically a community college with a successful athletic program so 10% is probably the highest you’ll find!

CSU athletics is 20-25 million in athletic revenue vs 1.3 billion total revenue.

Comparing net would presumably be even less favorable to athletics, at least based on the arguments they use against paying players. Plus this year you’d have to consider all the extra costs for athletics associated with COVID! No way it will make money this year!

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
There could be a lot of transfers next year when teams that don't have the funding of aOSU (just for example) now have an extra class of athletes and not enough scholarships to go around.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
BYU has announced an 8-game schedule for this fall. Not super impressive, but being an independent with few conferences allowing OOC games, it's the best they could do. Their home schedule this year would have been really impressive if COVID hadn't happened.

Sep 7 - Monday - 8:00 PM EDT
Navy_Athletics_logo_small.png

Annapolis, MD
Navy - Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
ESPN

Sep 19 - Saturday - 3:30 PM EDT
army.png

Army - West Point, NY
Michie Stadium
CBS

Sep 26 - Saturday - TBA
Troy%20University%20logo.png

Troy - Provo, UT
LaVell Edwards Stadium
ESPN Networks

Oct 10 - Saturday - TBA
University-of-Texas-at-San-Antonio_0.png

Provo, UT
LaVell Edwards Stadium

Oct 16 - Friday - TBA
uh_bevld_whtbkgrnd_copy_copy_0.png

Provo, UT
LaVell Edwards Stadium
ESPN or ESPN2

Oct 24 - Saturday - TBA
Texas-State-University-San-Marcos_0.png

Texas State - Provo, UT
LaVell Edwards Stadium

Oct 31 - Saturday - TBA
Western-Kentucky-University_0.png

Provo, UT
LaVell Edwards Stadium

Nov 21 - Saturday - TBA
NAlabama.png

Provo, UT
LaVell Edwards Stadium

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Maybe you can meet up with @gschwendt or whatever that hilltopper tailgate guy name was. He always seemed like the coolest of the bunch.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
6 home games against JV teams who had their other beatdowns canceled? LOLOLOL what a time to be an independent!

Speaking of JV teams, a great discovery I’ve made is that Wilber Marshall started his freshman year as a fullback, wearing #45. As a varsity softmoar he switched to TE and #88.

A possible change up in my re-enactment re-enactment May be to give him some backfield carries at his freshman position. Not many 200+ lbers played running back in the high school 70s, but I’m all about innovation.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Speaking of JV teams, a great discovery I’ve made is that Wilber Marshall started his freshman year as a fullback, wearing #45. As a varsity softmoar he switched to TE and #88.

A possible change up in my re-enactment re-enactment May be to give him some backfield carries at his freshman position. Not many 200+ lbers played running back in the high school 70s, but I’m all about innovation.

Ma'uncle moved from playing BIG SCHOOL football in Shreveport LA where he started as a TE as a Junior (my pawpaw was stationed there in the air force). Anyway, pawpaw retired and they moved back to the small town where my family is from. This town has always been terrible at footbaw and typically goes 1-9 or 0-10. Their longest consecutive playoff streak is 2 years! EVER!

Anyway, ma'uncle was like 215lbs and athletic and his best friend growing up in that town was an opaque guy who now weighed 225lbs and was the fasted guy on the track team. The friend didn't play football because the corch was a racist dick, but ma'uncle talked him into playing for his senior year. They played FB and Tailback in the wishbone and had the best season in school history and were the only two players on the team who weighed more than 200lbs! I loved reading the newspaper clippings in the yearbook my grandma made for my uncle that season. The tailback/best friend still lived across the road about 1/4 mile away when my grandparents moved back for a 3rd time and built a new house in the 2000s. He was the only non family person allowed to fish the ponds on the family ranch. I'd always awkwardly say hi and I was embarrassed because he was the super star tailback who rushed for like 1,200 yards that I'd read so much about.

The next year they went 1-9 again, lol.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Ma'uncle moved from playing BIG SCHOOL football in Shreveport LA where he started as a TE as a Junior (my pawpaw was stationed there in the air force). Anyway, pawpaw retired and they moved back to the small town where my family is from. This town has always been terrible at footbaw and typically goes 1-9 or 0-10. Their longest consecutive playoff streak is 2 years! EVER!

Anyway, ma'uncle was like 215lbs and athletic and his best friend growing up in that town was an opaque guy who now weighed 225lbs and was the fasted guy on the track team. The friend didn't play football because the corch was a racist dick, but ma'uncle talked him into playing for his senior year. They played FB and Tailback in the wishbone and had the best season in school history and were the only two players on the team who weighed more than 200lbs! I loved reading the newspaper clippings in the yearbook my grandma made for my uncle that season. The tailback/best friend still lived across the road about 1/4 mile away when my grandparents moved back for a 3rd time and built a new house in the 2000s. He was the only non family person allowed to fish the ponds on the family ranch. I'd always awkwardly say hi and I was embarrassed because he was the super star tailback who rushed for like 1,200 yards that I'd read so much about.

The next year they went 1-9 again, lol.

Did the articles have box scores on them? We could piece together the stats for that senior year if the local paper has been archived to newspapers DOT com.