• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Bowl Thread

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Crawford RING walk id say will likely be around 11 EASTERN TIME
Sure the Cigar LOUNGE would put on the fights starting right after the Heisman PRESENTATION

Bmack takes remote. Turns cigar lounge tv from tnt saturated night rerun movie to ESPN. In BIdNESS.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Joe Burrow of Louisiana State University was selected on Saturday (Dec. 14) as the 85th winner of the Heisman Memorial Trophy, an award presented annually by the Heisman Trophy Trust to the most outstanding player in college football.

The senior quarterback was announced as the 2019 winner of the prestigious honor at the end of ESPN’s live broadcast of the Heisman ceremony from Manhattan’s PlayStation Theater.

Burrow shattered Heisman voting records, notching the highest percentage of first place votes, the highest percentage of possible points and appearing on the most ballots. His margin of victory (1,846 points) bettered the long-standing record set by O.J. Simpson in 1968.

“It’s an honor to stand on the same stage as all of these guys,” said an emotional Burrow after hearing his name called. “I’m so thankful to have played for two of the best programs in the country. I wouldn’t have traded my journey for anything.”

Burrow is the second LSU player to win the trophy and first since the late Billy Cannon did so in 1959. His Heisman triumph makes him the third-consecutive transfer player to win the award (and seventh overall), though he is the first to do so under the NCAA’s graduate transfer rule.

The 6-4, 216-pounder from Athens, Ohio, had an extraordinary season, passing for 4,715 yards and 48 touchdowns (tying a Heisman record), while adding another 289 yard and three scores on the ground. He had a remarkable completion percentage of 77.9 percent, the best in Heisman history. As the field general for the nation’s top offense, he led No. 1 LSU to a 13-0 record, the SEC title (its first since 2011), and its first berth in the College Football Playoff.

Ballots were emailed to 870 media personnel across the nation plus 56 Heisman winners and one fan ballot, for a total of 927 electors. The ballots were received and tabulated by the independent accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche LLP. Burrow polled 2,608 points to capture the award over Jalen Hurts of Oklahoma (762 points), Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields (747 points) and Ohio State defensive end Chase Young (643 points). The point total is reached by a system of three points for a first place vote, two for a second and one for a third.

Burrow will be officially inducted into the Heisman family at the 85th annual Heisman Memorial Trophy Dinner Gala on Sunday evening, December 15, 2017, at the Marriott Marquis in New York.

Full stats for Joe Burrow.

Final 2019 Heisman results

Number of electors: 927 – Announced: December 14, 2019.

PlayerClassPositionSchool1st2nd3rdTotal Points 1Joe BurrowSRQBLSU8414132,6082Jalen HurtsSRQBOklahoma122312647623Justin FieldsSOQBOhio State62711877474Chase YoungJRDEOhio State202051736435Jonathan TaylorJRRBWisconsin644831896JK DobbinsJRRBOhio State236361147Trevor LawrenceSOQBClemson32529888Chuba HubbardSORBOklahoma State01146689Travis EtienneJRRBClemson07112510Tua TagovailoaJRQBAlabama141324

Three points are awarded for first place on a ballot, with two points for second place and one point for third place. Finalists in bold.

bruin

JACOBS.jpg

Renegade

Charge on!
I actually want to see the Bahamas Bowl. I like both coaches. At this point I guess Leopold is more or less a known quantity, but I’m interested to see where Will Healy’s career goes.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

LOX LOX LOX LOX CROOTIN SHOES

This is actually not a terrible decision. BURREAUX is as good as gone and I'm sure LSU will replace him with one of those no-armed trogs they love so much who does nothing but throw worm burners

bruin

KJ Costello in the transfer portal.

MICHIGAN would be smart to give him a ring if not already. 10x better than anyone they have.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't think Costello is a fit for Michigan's offense right now. And it would lead to 1 or 2 transfers from QBs on the roster now. Most importantly, I don't think Costello would be an upgrade over Michigan's QBs. We don't really know what they will be like next year, but Costello is average at best. McCaffery's and Milton's potential is way higher than him.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Costello came. I hope not, though.

bruin

I don't think Costello is a fit for Michigan's offense right now. And it would lead to 1 or 2 transfers from QBs on the roster now. Most importantly, I don't think Costello would be an upgrade over Michigan's QBs. We don't really know what they will be like next year, but Costello is average at best. McCaffery's and Milton's potential is way higher than him.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Costello came. I hope not, though.

giphy.gif

Brick

i have no idea what stanford did with its QBs this year and why he didn't play much, but he threw for 3700 in a trog offense in 2018.