• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

bruin

None of those. Likely some tuneups. He still only has 16 professional fights. Hearn is going to be cautious.

chibob

None of those. Likely some tuneups. He still only has 16 professional fights. Hearn is going to be cautious.

I feel he needs to answer the doubters and fight someone at the top of their game or at least holding a significant title.

I mean who else could he fight? If youre a youngish guy coming up then you dont want to fight AJ as he will take your 0.

Older guys who just want a pay day or going to be seen as just that. He could go fight Chisora but what would be the point of that?

bruin

if Joshua has stones he'll fight the most ducked HW in the sport in Luis Ortiz. And that fight should take part in the states.

Last edited:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
shows how good Pac Man is when healthy. Bradley is no joke, and had Manny winning comfy. Next fight Canelo? Roach wants it and Canelo wants no part of GGG. Huge PPV and Manny does well against bigger guys.

I thought this was supposed to be Manny's last fight? Yeah, he looked really good, but Bradley seemed intent on fighting the way Manny wanted him to, and not borrowing from Mayweather's blueprint of hugging every time Manny made a move.

bruin

We'll see if he gets elected. Manny said after the fight he's 50-50 that he'll fight again. He got 20 mil for fighting Bradley and would get the same type of money if he fought again. Hard to leave that kind of money on table.

Bradley got outclassed (for the third time), but Atlas had a terrible gameplan. For example, Bradley threw only 340 punches on Saturday night. He threw around 900 in the first fight.

bruin

Fury-Klitschko PC from yesterday. Rematch is July 9th in Manchester.

Fury takes off his shirt an says Klit got beat by a fat boy. Also said he and his family will move to LA after the fight where Heavyweight champs are appreciated.

Anthony Joshua defending his IBF crown v American Dominic Breazeale in London June 25th

bruin

Canelo and Golden Boy a bunch of bitchmaids.

Tarnished his mexican rep. Mexicans for GGG for real.

Lemieux-Canelo in Sept. Hopefully GGG-Jacobs/BJS next

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The bad news is I want to see that fight.

The good news is I don't have to host the watch party in September for my el salvadorians friends.

bruin

Canelo's team has stopped negotiating with GGG's promotors.

Disgrace to Mexico. What does that tell you when JCC, Marquez, and the Garcia's don't care for you.

Fucking joto

evil1

The excuse explanation is that Canelo is currently being sued by his former manager. They want a resolution to that case before they agree to the richest fight of his career.

bruin

Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale this Saturday at O2 Arena on Showtime. Joshua should take care of the American under 5.

Keith Thurman v Shawn Porter for the WBA Welterweight Title in primetime Saturday on CBS. Two top 5 Welterweights in their prime. Fight could be a little sloppy due to styles and both have had big layoffs. Looking forward to it tho.

bruin

Joshua abused Breazeale. Give credit to the brohan from Alhambra tho..

Joshua needs to step up in comp. But who? Joseph Parker? Luis Ortiz? Wilder-Joshua next summer the deal.'

Thurman-Porter tonight on CBS delivered. Welterweights at their best on primetime tv.

bruin

GGG v Kell Brook for the unified Middleweight titles Sept 10th in London.

Since no middleweights want a part of GGG, he'll be facing the #1 ranked welterweight in the world. Brook was planning on moving up to 154 soon.

bruin

The WBC Heavyweight champion of the world fights tomorrow night on FOX. Deontay Wilder who is an undefeated American from Tuscaloosa is fighting a long time gatekeeper in Mexican american Chris Arreola.

Wilder is our best bet at a american unified champ in the heavyweight division. He and Joshua is the dream matchup a year from now

bruin

Terence Crawford vs Viktor Postol on HBO PPV tonight. Unification title fight at junior welterweight.

Good card. Looking forward to it.

bruin

Good scrap last night between Santa Cruz-Frampton. Frampton deserved the nod. Judges got it right.

Mikey Garcia is back.

bruin

Errol Spence Jr. fights after this Gold medal basketball game. One of the top contenders at Welterweight. True throwback.

bruin

GGG vs Kell Brook this Saturday in London on HBO at 2:30 PT. GGG had 1,500 people show up to his workout today outside of London.

Brook is a welterweight moving up to face GGG for his titles cause the middleweight division is terrified of GGG. Canelo even gave up his WBC title to not face him.

GGG in 6..

Chocolatito Gonzalez v Carlos Caudras at the LA Forum for the WBC Super Flyweight title on Saturday night. On the undercard is the rematch between Jesus Soto-Karass and Yoshihiro Kamegai. They fought earlier this year in a FOTY candidate.

Great day in boxing. Makes up for a weak week 2 in CFB.

bruin

bump

best fight of the year is tonight on PPV. Kovalev-Ward. Take my monies.

same time as UCLA/USC, but what can you do

evil1

I don't think Hopkins really counts as a washed-up athlete. He remained good even at 50 years old. He won the IBF light heavyweight title in 2013 at 48 years old, successful defended it, and won a title unification bout as recently as 2014. I think this loss is more of a case of father time finally catching up with him.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Well, I wasn't talking about Hopkins specifically, but more generally about boxers who stay in the ring well past their primes. When a washed-up athlete from any other sport stays on the field too long, it manifests itself in him unable to make the quick cuts he used to, or to turn on pitches the way he used to, or being relegated to a minor role when he once was an All-Star. It's Kobe in his last three years (final game notwithstanding). It's Kareem trotting slowly up and down the floor as his Showtime teammates run around and about him like a bunch of young puppies around their elderly father.

In boxing, it's a man getting into the ring with a man who is young enough to be his son, and proceeding to get his clock cleaned by the younger man. It just reminds me so much of an old lion getting pounced on and cucked by a younger lion.

bruin

GGG-Daniel Jacobs Unification title fight March 18th at Madison Square Garden. Best fight in the middleweight division. Giggity.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
LMAO i dont think ive ever seen anyone get knocked the fuck out of the ring alltogether like that.

bruin

GGG went the distance for the first time in 9 years tonight against a very good fighter. Hopefully his ploy gets Canelo in September. Doubt it tho.

evil1

In a fight as close as that was, I hope no problem with the win going to the person who had the only knockdown.

bruin

Errol Spence-Kell Brook announced for May 27th in Sheffield for Brook's IBF title. Great fight.

Spence has a chance to be an american superstar if he wins. He's special.