• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Think he busted his eardrum. He looked wobbly af the rest of the fight. Total domination start to finish.

bruin

Fury said he wasn’t going to box and that he was going to stop him.
What performance. Beatdown.

bruin

could have stopped it right here..

truly believe Wilder would have went out on his SHIELD if it wasn't for Breland throwing in the towel. Good on Breland

Wilder and his team have 30 days for their rematch clause. Biggest gate in Heavyweight history in Vegas. will there be a part III?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Saw the fight on Joutube.

Cotdang, I haven't seen a fight that one sided (that wasn't an early round KO) since the 1991 Gulf War.

A rematch isn't necessary. Fury dominated from start to finish. I don't think I saw Wilder put together one single combo that so much as slowed Fury down. Fury looks so much bigger and stronger than Wilder, they're practically in different weight classes.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Yeah I dont see Wilder coming back and winning a 3rd fight unless he gets a lucky KO.

And even if he does that Fury has clearly been the better fighter over two matchups so would it really mean much? Other than the paycheck obviously.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Exactly. They've fought 19 rounds. Wilder has won maybe 2 of them. A rematch will just be more of the same.

bruin

Wilder's PR team needs to get him to stop doing interviews for a while..

Don't put the blame on Mark Breland.

By all sounds of it, it looks like there will be a third fight. June-July this summer.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't know shit about boxing, but Fury looked like he was way better conditioned for this fight than other fight highlights I've seen via youtube, including the first Wilder fight. In the first Wilder fight Fury had the love handles jiggling like it was me or @kella out there boxing, lol. Other fights dude looked like he was halfway to being fucking Butterbean.

So to me, the only reason Wilder might want a rematch would be if he thinks Fury will become soft again with this success. Fury could come into a 3rd fight looking like he auditioning for my 600lb life!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Fury was actually 17 lbs heavier this time than last fight! He prolly just hiked his trunks up further to cover his gut.

I know there was some rematch clause in the contract, but Wilder doesn't deserve a rematch to me to me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fury was actually 17 lbs heavier this time than last fight! He prolly just hiked his trunks up further to cover his gut.

I know there was some rematch clause in the contract, but Wilder doesn't deserve a rematch to me to me.

I still think he looked better even if he was heavier. He wasn't jiggling as much, that's for sure!

bruin

Fury said leading up to the fight he did more strength conditioning than ever. @Southpaw right with Tyson coming in at 273, 17 lbs heavier than the first fight.
Fury's old man said he felt his son was weak against Wallin in September where Wallin had a lot of success, even hurt Tyson a few times. He told people his son needed his strength back. Looked great to me!
130a14f0-d789-11e9-afb9-0232d4f33305

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I don't know shit about boxing, but Fury looked like he was way better conditioned for this fight than other fight highlights I've seen via youtube, including the first Wilder fight. In the first Wilder fight Fury had the love handles jiggling like it was me or @kella out there boxing, lol. Other fights dude looked like he was halfway to being fucking Butterbean.

So to me, the only reason Wilder might want a rematch would be if he thinks Fury will become soft again with this success. Fury could come into a 3rd fight looking like he auditioning for my 600lb life!

I noticed that, too - that Fury looked bigger, but also better conditioned. Considering Wilder barely earned a draw (which was BS anyway) against the smaller, jiggling-belly Fury in their first fight, a better conditioned Fury simply overpowered him.

Of course, Wilder might have to wait his turn behind Joshua, which would likely be a bigger draw.

Unless Fury does a Buster Douglas imitation and slips back into JAR-like sloth, he could dominate the division for the foreseeable future.

bruin

Hermano, @BasinBictory good post

Think we already saw the Buster Douglas impersonation with Andy Ruiz in the rematch vs Joshua.

Fury-Joshua is the biggest British fight of all-time, let alone biggest British heavyweight fight ever.

Will likely be on hold for a year though. Joshua’s mandatory against Pulev for early summer will be announced soon.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Lol, yeah - Ruiz and Douglas had a lot of similarities; unlikely champs that came seemingly out of nowhere, had their 15 minutes in the sun, then quickly faded back into obscurity.

Does Ruiz have a video game with his name on it, though?

274826-buster.jpg

bruin

Pretty awesome from Larry Merchant. Wish one of these Networks would give him a gig for a fight here and there.

bruin

big upset last night.

Kownacki's team turned down the Joshua fight that Ruiz stepped in for.

Cost him millions. So it goes..

Soonerfan09

Rumble in the Jungle on ESPN 2. Foreman was jacked. Frazier giving the most politically correct interview I’ve ever heard.

bruin

Boxing Marathon on the World Wide Leader today, my bros.
Ali-Frazier triology, Hagler Hearns, prime Tyson, right now the Golden Boy from East LA vs Mexico’s God Chavez..

The cup is lifted.

bruin

Next is Ali’s last fight under his name Clay. Prime Ali. Sonny Liston being one of my favorites of all times..Would have loved to see them both in their prime go at it. Sonny got comfy being the heavyweight champ of the world..but wanted to kill Ali. What a performance. My bros..

bruin

Big bummer about Mayer testing positive for the Rona. Blonde cutie (female boxer) was the co-headliner for Tuesday’s Card....

bruin

Good Welterweight fight tonight on FOX! Whoever wins could get a title shot.

Enjoy your Saturday, my bros.

bruin

Boxing card on FS1 in 5 min

if anyone else has some open plans on this beautiful Wednesday evening ...