• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Curious Case of the Dublin Distillers: A Phoenix Reborn

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
GBmTXpC.gif

This is the best gif. This gif is so good it made me tired of gifs.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
SEASON RECAP

Well I got distracted flying around in my space ship and left spring training pitch counts on for months

wosht.gif

51-35 from July on after I fixed the issue.

Have to build up my rotation and pen a bit, but I should be set for a fine year if I can stay healthy.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Bummed that happened. Would have made for a good race for that last playoff spot. You had a rough week or two in mid September if I recall as well.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Bummed that happened. Would have made for a good race for that last playoff spot. You had a rough week or two in mid September if I recall as well.

After I realized he didn't play his HG player and DOUGLASS took the evil vooodoo off AMD and put it on RAD

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Distillers Fan Fiction: CULT HERO GEORGE WILMER VAUGHN and the case of the BURNT COOKIES OF DISCONTENT

George finally got the call to the WBL! He was so excited! But when he was on the bus to the airport something unexpected happened. He was traded in a completely legal trade to @Schauwn. Vaughn was informed he was traded and his emotions got the best of him:

no-crying-in-baseball-o.gif

The bus turned around. GM Rad Pear didn't want to start Vaughn's clock if he was now @Schauwn's player.

But then the league cried about the completely legal tried in a variety of ways! The trade was denounced and called illegal and in violation of no less than three rules. What's worse, it was apparently a fleece! Emotions got the best of the WBL owners:

When a ruling was finally given by OU, it was too late. The trade had fallen through. Hours had been wasted, and for nothing.

George was angry. Angry he had been traded and angry that people felt he wasn't worth some 16 year old Russian that probably won't pan out with such low contact rating. He would make sure they would rue the day!

The next day, Vaughn was re-promoted by Dublin. He anxiously awaited the bus to the airport. But it never came! His emotions got the best of him:

Commish had forgotten the exports! Six days later the bus finally showed up. With his lucky bat, Vaughn boarded the bus with a one way ticket to cult hero destiny.

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|555x@}Distillers On to League Shampship
Wednesday, October 10th, 2057
The sweet swing of George Vaughn has led his team through the Sacrificial Lambship.

The Dublin Distillers star earned series MVP honors as his club downed the Helsingborg Hammers to advance to the League Shampship.

The Distillers won the final game at Hammer Stadium by a score of 4-2 and the series 4-2.

"I'm seeing the ball well and happy to contribute to a win," said Vaughn. "I hope it continues for the rest of the playoffs."

For the series, Vaughn hit .667 with a .667 on-base percentage. He had 1 home runs, drove in 3 RBI and scored 1 runs.

The League Shampship matchups and schedule will be announced after the Sacrificial Lambship finishes.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

073115_nym_flores_walkoff_med_rs2puj0i.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Dublin Distillers now with the top system. No doubt my hands-off approach to not managing my roster and minor leagues is bearing fruit!

Mansur a MLFA, lol.

Quit tankin JD. Moscow, woof. lol @ Maritimes.

[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|bcenter|620x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|643x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1st{/td}
{td}Dublin Distillers{/td}
{td}229{/td}
{td}3B R. Mansur (6th) , P K. Mitchell (7th) , P R. Rúbio (8th) , P R. Da Silva (20th) , P J. Evenson (21st){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2nd{/td}
{td}Berlin Bomber Bears{/td}
{td}202{/td}
{td}P B. Koch (16th) , P M. Piccoli (17th) , RF D. Felicssimo (19th) , P R. Kinney (22nd) , P J. Chrétien (31st){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3rd{/td}
{td}United Kingdom Kings{/td}
{td}159{/td}
{td}LF L. Naglovsky (5th) , 3B P. García (10th) , P E. Caballero (15th) , P I. de Groot (24th) , CF I. Tomsett (86th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4th{/td}
{td}Amsterdam Tulips{/td}
{td}155{/td}
{td}2B B. Moctezuma (1st) , P C. Castro (14th) , P R. Álvarez (27th) , LF M. Kiene (40th) , SS I. Cross (42nd){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5th{/td}
{td}North Dakota Riggers{/td}
{td}142{/td}
{td}CF W. Fonkert (2nd) , P X. Wood (18th) , P L. Muñóz (51st) , LF R. Wookey (54th) , P L. Carlos (55th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6th{/td}
{td}Miami Manatees{/td}
{td}129{/td}
{td}LF A. Andrade (30th) , LF R. Spaan (36th) , CF K. Matsubara (38th) , 1B R. Gadd (46th) , 3B N. Eastick (48th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7th{/td}
{td}Seoul Glow{/td}
{td}117{/td}
{td}P S. Pierleoni (4th) , 1B Z. Hebditch (9th) , P J. Tatum (60th) , P C. Lester (80th) , 1B A. Pérez (87th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8th{/td}
{td}Kabul Bulls{/td}
{td}104{/td}
{td}P T. Silva (13th) , SS J. Andrés (32nd) , P R. Pereira (41st) , CF P. Germán (49th) , P L. Otero (59th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9th{/td}
{td}Las Vegas Pac Men{/td}
{td}88{/td}
{td}P S. Kang (3rd) , 2B R. Gale (23rd) , P R. Carcamo (93rd){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10th{/td}
{td}Little Rock Miners{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}P G. Wassink (12th) , 2B C. Pearce (39th) , P D. Nelson (45th) , LF M. Case (57th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}11th{/td}
{td}Helsingborg Hammers{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}P N. Asmus (25th) , P J. Medina (26th) , P A. Cross (35th) , CF E. Sangalang (69th) , C M. Bustorff (84th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}12th{/td}
{td}Halifax Maritimes{/td}
{td}72{/td}
{td}CF S. Xú (11th) , P K. Hayne (56th) , P A. Ramírez (58th) , P A. Abbott (68th) , 2B J. Flores (73rd){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}13th{/td}
{td}Buenos Aires Gauchos{/td}
{td}59{/td}
{td}3B Z. Liu (29th) , P D. Hawkins (63rd) , P A. Alonso (66th) , CF H. Chuter (72nd) , SS K. Tanaka (75th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14th{/td}
{td}Lisbon Conquistadors{/td}
{td}36{/td}
{td}LF P. Wemans (43rd) , P A. Michael (47th) , P W. Roberts (70th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15th{/td}
{td}Buffalo Murricans{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}P O. van Ineveld (28th) , P J. Valdéz (78th) , CF G. Tacanho (96th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16th{/td}
{td}Istanbul Ottomans{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}CF T. Scantlebury (85th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17th{/td}
{td}Moscow Mules{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}P V. Manderbacka (97th) , P C. Vargas (99th){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18th{/td}
{td}False Bay Flying Whites{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This list really is worse than ever, but I least I jumped from last to 11th.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Local Kid Helps Creswell Rediscover Old Stroke
Wednesday, January 8th, 2059
Randy Creswell has always given back to his hometown community of Dublin, Ireland. That's why every offseason, he appears at a local baseball clinic to help young baseball players learn the game.

But this offseason, a student and fan became the teacher.

After Creswell showed 12-year-old Anthony Youngly the 'proper' batting stance and swing, Youngly responded by saying, "But that's not what you do!"

After the Dublin Distillers second baseman laughed him off, Youngly pulled out his phone and pulled up an old video of Creswell taking an at bat just a couple of years earlier during a game.

After watching a few more videos, the surprised Creswell sheepishly admitted that the kid was right.

"My approach has noticeably changed since I came up in the league a few years ago. My swing has become shorter and isn't nearly as natural," Creswell said.

When asked what he planned to do after spring started, the 2B was adamant.

"I want to get back to basics. It may have taken a local kid to pull me out of poor hitting mechanics but now I'll be working harder than ever to get back to where I once was. In the meantime, I'll be sending that kid a personal thank you and signing up to do a baseball clinic in Dublin, Ireland again next year," he said. "After all, who knows what I'll learn about myself."

Soonerfan09

Local Kid Helps Creswell Rediscover Old Stroke
Wednesday, January 8th, 2059
Randy Creswell has always given back to his hometown community of Dublin, Ireland. That's why every offseason, he appears at a local baseball clinic to help young baseball players learn the game.

But this offseason, a student and fan became the teacher.

After Creswell showed 12-year-old Anthony Youngly the 'proper' batting stance and swing, Youngly responded by saying, "But that's not what you do!"

After the Dublin Distillers second baseman laughed him off, Youngly pulled out his phone and pulled up an old video of Creswell taking an at bat just a couple of years earlier during a game.

After watching a few more videos, the surprised Creswell sheepishly admitted that the kid was right.

"My approach has noticeably changed since I came up in the league a few years ago. My swing has become shorter and isn't nearly as natural," Creswell said.

When asked what he planned to do after spring started, the 2B was adamant.

"I want to get back to basics. It may have taken a local kid to pull me out of poor hitting mechanics but now I'll be working harder than ever to get back to where I once was. In the meantime, I'll be sending that kid a personal thank you and signing up to do a baseball clinic in Dublin, Ireland again next year," he said. "After all, who knows what I'll learn about myself."

Hopefully that kid was watching my lineup this season.