• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Logo Thread (Minors/College)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So I'm going to continue through the minors since nobody got outraged (pleasantly surprised).

This thread has three main purposes.

First and most important, if you really don't want your minor league cities changed OR you are unhappy with what you have that I changed last night, let me know. Seriously it isn't a big deal to switch these out and I'd be happy to do that.

Second, for the ones I haven't changed yet if you have an idea on what you want or where your minor league cities are located is important let me know. I can do my best to find something that works and if not we can talk about the closest alternative.

Third, I found a bunch of college teams so orlando suggested we go that route for the college league. If you want a specific team let me know. So far I have found

Florida State - Oklahoma - Colorado State - Cal State Fullerton - Long Beach - Utah - Rutgers - Syracuse - Washington State

Last night was also mostly a test, I'll PM if I've already changed your minors up and want to overhaul them but I want to try my best to create minors that are closer geographically to the home team's nation. For example Falsebay will end up with African minors. Seoul will have AZN minors.

So for the ones that care this thread is for you to help me put the best minor system together for you, or to leave it as unchanged as possible.

To do list:

Madrid Chaos
Santiago something
NC State
One letter African logos
Korean Police or Kimchi Jar
Something with inchworms

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Nc state if you can find em

As far as my minors go, I don't care about names or locations. Make whatever is easiest for you

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nc state if you can find em

As far as my minors go, I don't care about names or locations. Make whatever is easiest for you

Yeah NC state is on the list to get. I'm pretty sure I've seen them posted on the forums over there.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If you could change my AA team back to Santiago I'd like that. I don't mind the nickname change, but I guess that logo came with the city name so. Thunder, Reyes, Kings, whatever is fine for nickname, just want a team in Chile

Alternatively, if any of these non-Athens teams match up you could do one of those, or mix and match, whatevs. I wrote Madrid Chaos as my team's spring training home way back in the day so I guess that'd be first preference.

mkj7kh.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If you could change my AA team back to Santiago I'd like that. I don't mind the nickname change, but I guess that logo came with the city name so. Thunder, Reyes, Kings, whatever is fine for nickname, just want a team in Chile

Alternatively, if any of these non-Athens teams match up you could do one of those, or mix and match, whatevs. I wrote Madrid Chaos as my team's spring training home way back in the day so I guess that'd be first preference.

Since you have a more specific idea, what kind of nicknames would you prefer for Chile? I'm pretty sure Chaos would be an easy one, and as long as the name is flat I can just change it to Madrid so that's taken care of.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sea Gulls, (one possible native american origin of the country name) Navigators, Foxes, Towers(from Torres del Paine). All I can think of for now. Keeping Reyes is fine too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I saw that the Singapore Sting are now the Beijing Tigers... can they go back to Singapore?

Yes they can, you still want the sting though? Can I at least change that? I tried for a while to find something for sting that was semi already made and I couldn't do it. If they have to be sting they gon' be ugly

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yes they can, you still want the sting though? Can I at least change that? I tried for a while to find something for sting that was semi already made and I couldn't do it. If they have to be sting they gon' be ugly

Is there anything bee or wasp related?

Lloyd Carr

You can make my single-A team whatever you want.

Feel free to move the city from Saratoga to another one in the Northeast if needed.

I trust ur judgment

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Alright hold the phones actually. I just remembered that @Wendell Gee wrote some awesome fan fic for a couple of the historical teams I made way back when. I'll let @Bdub have first go at these two but if not I'd love one of these two as my AA team

"Welcome to the Steppes, kid. Here's your uniform."

The kid looked down at the bundle in his hands. It was desert sands tan with deep maroon lettering and blue filigree highlights. "Samarkand Spice" was written across the jersey. It had been a long journey from Ottawa, but his travel weariness washed away in an instant. The Samarkand Spice! His gaze found the tan and maroon tent and he walked over to join the group of veterans waiting for him there. Some of them were even nineteen or twenty years old! "What's your name, kid?" "Welcome to the Spice." "One two three, fuck Dushanbe!" There was no doubt. This tent was the best. The Spice were gonna beat everyone this year. The kid put his cap on and grinned a stupid grin. Fuck yeah.

"Welcome to the Steppes, kid. Here's your uniform."

The kid looked down at the uniform. It blazed white in the summer sun, and "Ashgabat Wanderers" was stenciled in black against faint black pinstripes. Ashgabat. A far cry from Rio. But hey, it was baseball. He joined the group under the white and black tent and accepted a cold drink from the players and staff already there. There was even a little fat lady who was telling the group how great it was to live in Ashgabat. "The compound's school system is fabulous!" she said as she handed out pamphlets. "And here's the team schedule for the next month. As soon as everyone has arrived we'll start with our orientation activities. And we'll meet-and-greet the other teams. Remember, we're all hoping to end up in Moscow some day."

The kid looked back to the buses discharging other 16- and 17-year-old kids. He wondered who would make it and move up the system and who would go back home. For now it was all like a summer camp. And that's the way he was going to enjoy it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You can make my single-A team whatever you want.

Feel free to move the city from Saratoga to another one in the Northeast if needed.

I trust ur judgment

The US teams are the easiest since there are thousands of domestic teams. Being a world league it makes it harder since not many people make Russian teams.

Btw here is one of the only threads I've found with some less popular regions made. @Karl Hungus let me know if any catch your eye, I know you're in North Korea but their name is the cannons. Is that your choice or is there something better?

I'll do my best to find an inchworm logo :laughing:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also read through like 10 pages of WG's thread to look for that post(it wasn't even in there but the history thread), miss that guy

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I almost gave this one to @Travis7401, seemed to fit his team's ideology haha

spokane_bunch_grassers2.png

bunch grasser [BCOLOR=#ffffff]=a range horse living upon bunch grass, a dense turf grass of the West. “Why didn’t you let him climb his own way? He knew,—he’s a bunch-grasser.” Vingie Roe, [/BCOLOR]The Heart of Night Wind.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
do it, do it, do it

AA preferrably. Thats the one affiliate that all my top prospects play in

I'll try to make some jerseys for them. I'm trying to teach myself more right now so I can avoid changing anything but the nicknames going forward.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The US teams are the easiest since there are thousands of domestic teams. Being a world league it makes it harder since not many people make Russian teams.

Btw here is one of the only threads I've found with some less popular regions made. @Karl Hungus let me know if any catch your eye, I know you're in North Korea but their name is the cannons. Is that your choice or is there something better?

I'll do my best to find an inchworm logo :laughing:

Lank?

Maybe we could change it to Pyongyang Picklers and have the logo be a kimchi jar.

jdlikewhoa

So I'm going to continue through the minors since nobody got outraged (pleasantly surprised).

This thread has three main purposes.

First and most important, if you really don't want your minor league cities changed OR you are unhappy with what you have that I changed last night, let me know. Seriously it isn't a big deal to switch these out and I'd be happy to do that.

Second, for the ones I haven't changed yet if you have an idea on what you want or where your minor league cities are located is important let me know. I can do my best to find something that works and if not we can talk about the closest alternative.

Third, I found a bunch of college teams so orlando suggested we go that route for the college league. If you want a specific team let me know. So far I have found

Florida State - Oklahoma - Colorado State - Cal State Fullerton - Long Beach - Utah - Rutgers - Syracuse - Washington State

Last night was also mostly a test, I'll PM if I've already changed your minors up and want to overhaul them but I want to try my best to create minors that are closer geographically to the home team's nation. For example Falsebay will end up with African minors. Seoul will have AZN minors.

So for the ones that care this thread is for you to help me put the best minor system together for you, or to leave it as unchanged as possible.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I'm disappointed my AAA logo is just a giant "L"

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I'm disappointed my AAA logo is just a giant "L"

To be fair, african teams don't have a ton of cash for graphic design firms. Really that was the only african team I could find though haha. It's going to get replaced