• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Poile never scared to pull the trigger. Traded Fiala too I saw. Not sure about the guy they got for him.

I honestly don’t keep up with hockey in the regular season so I’m not going to pretend I know anything more than the Preds have had lots of injuries this year. Hope these guys work out!

Simo77

Preds did good in that they didn't overpay for any one. Granlund is a top 6 wing that is better than Fiala today and has 1 more year on his contract after this season. Fiala could still develop more but his ceiling is probably where Granlund is right now. Even as a non-Flyers fan it will feel odd seeing Simmonds in another uniform. He seems like a guy that was born to be a Flyer. Read Philly was hoping to get more for him but they did ok. Hartman is not a Simmonds replacement but he's still young and cheap and they can resign or lose him at the end of the year. From Nashville's perspective they swapped guys who are at the end of their contracts, threw in a 4th/3rd pick, and got the better player. At the end of the day they still have their 1st round pick this year, and their best/only good young prospects and swapped for 2 better roster players.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I love Granlund, he’s not a star and has his faults but he’s an amazing playmaker and always gives his all. Definitely was the most fun player on the Wild to watch, along with Parise and Dumba

Related note: does anyone here cheer for a team that's actually consistently good? :laughing:
tenor.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't believe refs almost ruled that Georgiev flinging his stick on a shoot out save wasn't a violation. The net was basically empty lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The east is completely wilting at the perfect time for Washington.

Have you seen the schedule this week? If they want in they have their work cut out for them.

I went to the Avs game tonight and watched them lay an egg against Carolina. They were bad.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Have you seen their record since January? It's on par with Tampa.

That said, I fully expect them to get blown off the ice in the next seven games.

Have you seen their record since January? It's on par with Tampa.

That said, I fully expect them to get blown off the ice in the next seven games.
I know, but I also saw how they've looked against Montreal, Tampa, and Washington in the past two weeks and it doesn't exactly give me a lot of hope against Toronto, Boston, and Washington in a 5-day span.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oilers are 5 points out of the WC with 13 games left. Not impossible with the way they've been playing lately, but I'm not expecting them to do it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ecurring-role-villain/?utm_term=.31973b6fa987

General Manager Jim Rutherford said Wilson “couldn’t run quick enough to get away from” 6-foot-7 blueliner Jamie Oleksiak. In Wilson’s first game against the Penguins this season, he responded to Rutherford’s comments with a one-punch knockout of Oleksiak less than a minute into the game. Oleksiak was concussed by the blow, and the Penguins traded him to the Dallas Stars in January.

ajUxw4w.jpg

CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD