• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I heard people bitching like hell, although most people say it does take forever to get out of the Academy even for football games.

I definitely wanted no part of that shit, lol. Is the view even worth it? I feel like the atmosphere for an outdoor game would be great but not a whole lot of great views.

It's cool the Canes are playing in Carter-Finley next year though.

That sucks. Football games at the Air Force Academy are awesome. I guess they probably don't get a full house for Air Force games, though. Also getting between Denver and Colorado Springs is a nightmare in general @Wuf
The drive wasn't even my biggest complaint. I expected a long drive and I expected it would take an hour or so to get off base at the conclusion. I was not expecting 45-minute lines for concessions, bathrooms, and merchandise, nor was I expecting that it would be 90 minutes before I could move my vehicle (post-game). I've been there for AFA vs Army and AFA vs Notre Dame, both of which were sellout crowds. It was nothing like the shit show on Saturday.

Wolfman21

you guys are missing a fucking show right now.

Canes were up 3-1 on the Leafs in the 2nd....already missing their starting goalie who got injured in the first....their backup goalie gets injured midway through the 2nd so they have to put in Dave Ayers....42 year old emergency goalie who has never played above junior B. We are now halfway through the 3rd and the Canes are up 6-3. Ayers has made multiple saves. This is fucking wild, lol

Wolfman21

Am not watching but following the story. maybe the Leafs should pick him up. :laughing:

whats crazy is the Canes scored immediately after he was put in to go up 4-1. Then the leafs scored on their first two shots against him to make it 4-3 and everyone thought this was about to get like, seriously ugly. He and the defense has been a stone fucking wall since. And its not like the Canes are playing slow down hockey. They are playing about like normal. Absolutely nuts

Very busy day so far. Flyers acquired Grant from the Ducks and Thompson from the Habs for 4th and 5th round picks. Seems like a good move for depth.

Canes got Trochek from the Panthers.

I wonder if Joe Thornton will be moved? Rumors about Zach Parise being moved also. I guess we'll see.

Wolfman21

So the emergency goalie from sunday night...the Canes are hosting him tonight. Hes signing autographs for an hour before the game and then sounding the siren before the game. The Canes have shirts with his name on them...they are giving him royalties as well as donating partial proceeds to the national kidney foundation since he was the recipient of a kidney transplant. The local beer company that sells team named beer at the game is giving 20% of their sales tonight to the kidney foundation as well.

Really cool story

This is the best, most complete Flyers team since 2010, but this one has good goaltending and can roll four lines. The Penguins are lacking depth and their goaltending uncertainty is a factor. I guess we'll see what happens. Anyway, the Penguins might find themselves in a wild card spot by season's end. They're hot garbage right now.

Wolfman21

Canes season, that once looked promising, has gone in the dumpster as they've lost 2 of their top 3 defensemen and both goalies to injury. A shame

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Caps are melting down at the exact wrong time of the year. Perfect.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Round robin play for the top 4 seeds in each conference. Those games ought to be interesting and I hope there's not a rash of injuries.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I'm sure there's a database for this, but it seems like corch recycling in the NHL is about a billion times worse than any other pro league.

I like it. I'm sure I'll be in the minority.

I hated everything about Vegas when they announced, and now I think they're awesome. We'll have to see how Seattle plays out.