• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Can't tell if the Oilers have actually improved and become a good team or if the North division is just pretty bad. Probably the latter.

Kaner just got #400 in gorgeous fashion.

Flyers enjoyed their visit to Buffalo this weekend. Back to back shutouts for Elliott and Hart. NOT BUMS

th

Simo77

I see this as net positive

More games will be accessible to more people
ESPN+ takes the place of NHL.tv. That's fine I guess. Now kill dumb ass black out rules.
The NHL on ESPN theme is good
You're still kind of fucked if FSN has your local games as the group that owns them will only stream games on Comcast services with boomer style cable service. Unless that's somehow changing too.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Shame Edmonton is so mediocre.

I'm ambivalent about the TV contract. Oilers games are pretty much only on SportsNet so I have to bootleg them shits anyway. :laughing:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I see this as net positive

More games will be accessible to more people
ESPN+ takes the place of NHL.tv. That's fine I guess. Now kill dumb ass black out rules.
The NHL on ESPN theme is good
You're still kind of fucked if FSN has your local games as the group that owns them will only stream games on Comcast services with boomer style cable service. Unless that's somehow changing too.
I'm surprised that the NHL, MLB and NBA aren't more upset about this.

Sure they probably make most of their money from national TV contracts but I don't see how a significant portion of fans not being able to watch 90% of local teams games isnt going to be bad for the leagues in the long run. When it happened I thought the leagues would push hard for Sinclair to figure something out but they've seemed pretty silent.

Young people don't have DirecTV or Comcast and if this goes on for several seasons I just see them losing fans. I certainly don't watch nearly as much sports as I would if I had FSN.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yall just needed to remove that bum Elliot. Yuck.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You know what nevermind.

Flyers giving up some of the softest shit I've seen all year. I know that was tipped but still.