• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Tijuana Brass (The folklore surrounding the relocation of Paris Freedom)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Once upon a time,
On a dark and stormy night,
A great big fucking monster ate Paris Freedom,
And then he had about 11 pints of lager,
And then he walked to Tijuana to buy drugs and did a great big massive vomit.

And that's how Paris Freedom became - TIJUANA BRASS

The End.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
WBL Tijuana Brass -

And our new Minor League affiliates -

AAA - Mexico City Mexicans -

AA - Chihuahua City Chihuahuas -

A - Hermosillo Hermanos -

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Could that get any more pixelated

I'd make some kind of joke, but actually this has been mentioned before and I have no idea how you render logos down to 150x150 without them becoming pixelated. The larger ones I'm displaying at 400x400 have still been massively rendered down. Maybe Orlando's original designs are simpler and don't pick up so many artifacts shrinking? Was he designing some in low res?

Mind you on inspection the more detailed old logos are more pixelated than mine, Cairo's (Probably the most detailed) you can't even see in focus because of compression, and at least I altered the contrast and sharpness so mine are legible when small (probably another pixelation trade-off) -

Anyway, I don't get the big deal about pixels. It's only ever going to be seen as a 150x150 in the corner of the game.

Edit - Looking around, I've found ways to compress that are smoother, but it's as I thought (with Cairo) - It's a straight trade-off between blur and pixelation. Here's a smoother Mexicans -

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Which reminds me. @Orlando - If you can't find the logos soon, I'm just going to start redesigning all the missing logos, so at least people who want them have got something. It's a bit boring looking through a lot of the minor league teams with generic graphics.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That Cairo logo you posted must be some 25x25 that was upscaled

It seems to fit in with the rest of the resolutions though, and I've messed around quite a bit and found blurring when you compress more detailed logos.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's a moot point though. @Orlando - If I compress any logo to 150x150 from high resolution, there is always some kind of trade off between blur and pixelation. Were you using photoshop? It might be better.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
what are you saving as? png? jpg? bmp? for @hayvis original.

the league logos have been imported from other versions. so id expect some loss. unless someone had the foresight to manually move the logos folder before upgrading.

edit: and all that is based under the assumption the game even pulls and redistributes the files like im thinking. which is prolly way off base and overthinking the process.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

the league logos have been imported from other versions. so id expect some loss. unless someone had the foresight to manually move the logos folder before upgrading.

They're all in png from the start to avoid unnecessary compression. I am 100% that Orlando's logos that don't pixelate or blur are because they are simpler designs (although you can see it in all of the 150x150s if you look closely).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It seems to fit in with the rest of the resolutions though, and I've messed around quite a bit and found blurring when you compress more detailed logos.
No it doesn’t. That logo never looked like that.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

edit: and all that is based under the assumption the game even pulls and redistributes the files like im thinking. which is prolly way off base and overthinking the process.
lol wat. Why would there be loss?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Depending on the logo create in Illustrator or Photoshop. There is no downsizing for Illustrator as it is vector. I think i found the logos BTW.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m probably going to throw it on drop box again. I have a lot of the jerseys and caps too.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - Absolutely no hurry but some time for the next season, could you sort these out for my minors. Each team has a post with everything in. Cheers.