• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
the 2082 draft is devoid of SP prospects, I've watched 3 of my shortlisted guys fall to Tommy John. The fact of the matter is drafting SP is a crapshoot unless a GOAT like Mintey, Braves, etc. fall into your lap. I plan to go .500 this year and 7/9 of my lineup spots are locked in stone with guys under 25, so what do I need picks for?

If I don't increase my budget I'm done for anyways. I can't afford another losing season. Also, I bought Marcos Garcia, who at 16 is a better prospect than basically any player currently in HS or College, for 5.5M this past offseason. The draft is a tool like any other, and I've added 3 SP this offseason. My team was ranked 2nd through 4th in most offensive categories last year, and last in pitching. What happens when that gets fixed?

jdlikewhoa

the 2082 draft is devoid of SP prospects, I've watched 3 of my shortlisted guys fall to Tommy John. The fact of the matter is drafting SP is a crapshoot unless a GOAT like Kasib falls into your lap. I plan to go .500 this year and 7/9 of my lineup spots are locked in stone with guys under 25, so what do I need picks for?

If I don't increase my budget I'm done for anyways. I can't afford another losing season. Also, I bought Marcos Garcia, who at 16 is a better prospect than basically any player currently in HS or College, for 5.5M this past offseason. The draft is a tool like any other, and I've added 3 SP this offseason. My team was ranked 2nd through 4th in most offensive categories last year, and last in pitching. What happens when that gets fixed?
I think I might change my opinion if Openers/Followers were turned on

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
For some reason I thought Kasib was IFA, but goes without saying he's the GGOAT

I already ran into this problem this past draft of timing windows almost sliding apart, but thankfully found Bernard Martin and BANZAI and will rush Figueroa (2083 debut, more than enough time for 2B Noriega and SS Sartika). Subano will see the WBL by this year out of HS at age 20 and was drafted two years ago. Drafts from here on out auto eliminate all HS from being a part of my window, so it's College guys only. Most College SP are injury history wrecks. On top of that, all that I need is pitching from here on out (and a catcher, but good luck finding one of those, I've checked and none are in the next 3 drafts)

I wish Okoth was a tad younger, but otherwise I'm cool with this move. Nava would've been better but assuming the extensions Doh showed me go through I'm going to get insane value for Okoth and Quinney anyways. Having a good team sign your players for you makes extensions very easy ;)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The inverse of this problem can be seen at Buffalo, where there are some talented guys (Cordova, Lemmens, Li, BEERS) who were just way off the rest of the window, and they are either still prospects to conserve service time, or playing garbage minutes because the rest of the talent left as the window closed. I left and maybe could've fixed it, but there's only so much stockpiling you can do, at some point your prospects get old and/or your budget shrinks to 95M because your fan interest hits 30.

My defense will probably average 70 ratings at their positions, I don't need Okoth and Quinney to be GOATs, I need them to be servicable. My Buffalo ship teams had two GOAT pitchers in Morin and Zamora and the rest just weren't going to lose you a game. But my defenses were also a bit worse there too.

I probably have a few more of these post-blue blanket tirade posts in me, my second best sthick after my mafia color coding @bruin @bruin228

jdlikewhoa

For some reason I thought Kasib was IFA, but goes without saying he's the GGOAT

I already ran into this problem this past draft of timing windows almost sliding apart, but thankfully found Bernard Martin and BANZAI and will rush Figueroa (2083 debut, more than enough time for 2B Noriega and SS Sartika). Subano will see the WBL by this year out of HS at age 20 and was drafted two years ago. Drafts from here on out auto eliminate all HS from being a part of my window, so it's College guys only. Most College SP are injury history wrecks. On top of that, all that I need is pitching from here on out (and a catcher, but good luck finding one of those, I've checked and none are in the next 3 drafts)

I wish Okoth was a tad younger, but otherwise I'm cool with this move. Nava would've been better but assuming the extensions Doh showed me go through I'm going to get insane value for Okoth and Quinney anyways. Having a good team sign your players for you makes extensions very easy ;)

Man analyzing all that is spending way more than 5 minutes a day on this.

On the catcher front I thought I had a steal of one in FA but someone went and bid him up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How come Cross is always forgotten?

I think the deal would have been better if you didn’t get extensions.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
How come Cross is always forgotten?

I think the deal would have been better if you didn’t get extensions.
Well, that'd be way too much for one year rentals, but if I could've gotten it cheaper (Huynh + Devreux + one year's draft +half of another) then maybe it'd be worth? I don't think next year is a 90 win season, but the year after can be if things break right

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
As rentals they should have been cheaper than that. Both those pitchers are terrifying and one will be toast by 2083. I’m all for spending prospects or money. This feels like too much of both.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
the 2082 draft is devoid of SP prospects, I've watched 3 of my shortlisted guys fall to Tommy John. The fact of the matter is drafting SP is a crapshoot unless a GOAT like Mintey, Braves, etc. fall into your lap. I plan to go .500 this year and 7/9 of my lineup spots are locked in stone with guys under 25, so what do I need picks for?

So basically you got SHOOK and panicked and doh just let you do what you do. For league communists who keep changing rules, how do you fix yankee handing HAVES an entire affordable roster? Is there a setting for giving @doh a conscience?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So basically you got SHOOK and panicked and doh just let you do what you do. For league communists who keep changing rules, how do you fix yankee handing HAVES an entire affordable roster? Is there a setting for giving @doh a conscience?

I think we should introduce a traded draft pick tax.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone want corner OF? I have too many.

Also looking for: backup C (RHH, defense), 3B or SS, vs LHP 1B/DH.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Anyone want corner OF? I have too many.

Also looking for: backup C (RHH, defense), 3B or SS, vs LHP 1B/DH.

Avilla is only 28 and a great 3B. I'm gonna have a crisis on my hand when McAllen steps up. Not quite sure of the time frame though...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Looking to shop AAA Jonas Van Der Heide. He's demanding a major league contract, which is fair enough as he has an OPS of 1.040 for the Chickens. Have just picked up an MLB RF, so he's going to get blocked.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_5048.html

Stop this, lol. You need depth in case of injuries. You were fortunate in this regard last year, so time to pay the rubber band man!

I don’t wanna here any complaints about OTTO and injuries if you trade ur depth away!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Stop this, lol. You need depth in case of injuries. You were fortunate in this regard last year, so time to pay the rubber band man!

I don’t wanna here any complaints about OTTO and injuries if you trade ur depth away!

And so you don't think I'm only being NEGATIVE, I really like what you've done in general this offseason! I'm just pointing out that depth will probably be what separates 3rd from 6th in the new ULTRA COMPETITIVE TL!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
And so you don't think I'm only being NEGATIVE, I really like what you've done in general this offseason! I'm just pointing out that depth will probably be what separates 3rd from 6th in the new ULTRA COMPETITIVE TL!

I've got a lot of depth at outfield. I like Kyle as my backup and I have Ruzic too. Both are very good fielders. Then I have Nelson who will be good to backup next year and start in 2 probably.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'll give you Melis Christie for him.

Wouldn't know what to do with him. Don't know what to do with Maeda either. He is a strange one as he basically got injured when he should have broken through. I have no idea what normally happens to players like this. Does Otto punish them or let them redevelop?