• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's pretty bad. Between his hair and Sargent's my ire for millennials is renewed.

NML

Who else is there? He's pretty good, Toronto played Friday vs. most MLS teams played on Saturday and I don't really think there's a huge difference between him and other MLS similar age group goalkeepers.

Horvath has an extremely higher ceiling, he’s in camp, and he’s trying to get a move to a new club. Seems obvious

If ur gonna pull someone from MLS, it should be Steffen

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sargent looks good. Reminds me a bit of Harry Kane.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Mckennie is basically our Naingollan

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Horvath has an extremely higher ceiling, he’s in camp, and he’s trying to get a move to a new club. Seems obvious

If ur gonna pull someone from MLS, it should be Steffen
I'm assuming Horvath will travel to Europe to play in those two friendlies/he didn't even make the 18 for Brugge most of the year.

NML

Mckennie is basically our Naingollan

giphy.gif

He and Adams are going to pair together so well

NML

I'm assuming Horvath will travel to Europe to play in those two friendlies/he didn't even make the 18 for Brugge most of the year.

He made 22 appearances but yeah he wasn’t their clear choice #1 all season. Still, he has the highest potential of any US keeper right now (Steffen not far behind)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I haven't been paying that much attention, but is Sarachan doing enough to warrant him being in consideration for the full time jerb?

NML

There’s no way that’s Cordeiro’s first big move. I imagine he hires a GM within the next month and gets the best fired WC corch

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wow that was really nice from Robinson

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We've reached true equality in society when a black female can also be another anti gay is actually gay. Diversity has even hit the realm of self loathing gays!

NML

Just had it on in the background but it seemed like everyone was poor. Weah had a couple moments, but our defense was bad. Really disappointed in Miazga

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah CCV was rough at times too. Yedlin looked garbage. McKennie and Weah were the only two that looked good, maybe Adams. I really like Weah though, you can tell he has a ways to go but he positions himself pretty well. He had that one backwards shot that I think in 5 years time he puts in the back of the net once he gets comfortable with his technique

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Why is Hamid still getting caps...?

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear USMNT,

Couva was last year. Find a new sport to play or actual job to work if you don't want to even bother donning the strip with pride, you imcompetent tocards.

Signed,

The Hachiko.

P.S. Allez Les Bleus.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Is this where we show up every 4 years to say we need to figure out how to get 7 year old RUSS to be a soccer player instead of a basketball player?

And ask how a country with a population the size of Corpus Christi, TX can qualify in Europe but a sports-addled country of 320 million can't qualify in a region against Haiti and Trinidad?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The article is more about the incompetence of Klinsmann, Gulati, and, to a lesser extent, Arena.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
It's 7 year old RUSS now? I think I'd rather have it remain 7 year old Lebron and 7 year old Randy Moss :laughing:

I mean, why not all three?

Also, I forgot my annual complaint about US soccer culture. Thanks to Football Manager, I found out the other day that two neighbor kids (immigrants from Nigeria to Oklahoma for some reason) who lived in the house behind ours when I was in high school are both professional soccer players now.

One of them just recently went home to the OKC Energy, and while I was looking them up I saw that the OKC team has *five* different hooligan/supporter associations, all with stupid Oklahoma references in their names.

Why? Why is this a thing? And is the answer "because the Brits do it?"

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I mean, why not all three?

Also, I forgot my annual complaint about US soccer culture. Thanks to Football Manager, I found out the other day that two neighbor kids (immigrants from Nigeria to Oklahoma for some reason) who lived in the house behind ours when I was in high school are both professional soccer players now.

One of them just recently went home to the OKC Energy, and while I was looking them up I saw that the OKC team has *five* different hooligan/supporter associations, all with stupid Oklahoma references in their names.

Why? Why is this a thing? And is the answer "because the Brits do it?"

Yes.

Couple that story about the World Cup failure with this one from the Guardian, about how rich white club teams are keeping hispanics off the field.

'White soccer teams don't pay upfront': how race unlevelled US playing fields
A few years ago, Exequiel Soltero wanted to rent two soccer fields in a well-to-do Seattle suburb. Finding places for his Latino immigrant soccer league to play matches had become quite a challenge: the area’s soccer fields were always snatched up by wealthy, mostly white clubs who had the money and expertise to navigate the city’s leasing process. It was a complaint he often heard from other clubs in Seattle’s lower income communities.
They felt shut out.
So Soltero was thrilled when he found two fields that were clean, well-maintained and available at the times he needed. But when he called the local recreation scheduler, he was told the fields had been rented. Suspicious, he drove to the park on the day he had requested – and found the fields empty. They were available. Just not, it seemed, to Mexican immigrants.

“I went to his office and confronted him,” Soltero says. “I said: I went by the fields and I stayed there for over an hour and nobody was there.”
The official eventually leased Soltero the field, but only after demanding he pay the rental fee upfront. Soltero says he was also asked to provide a list of the players along with their home addresses to prove they were “local”.
Sitting at a table in the Mexican restaurant he owns in the mostly African-American and immigrant Seattle neighbourhood of Dunlap, Soltero still seethes.
“If you were a white team they wouldn’t ask you for addresses,” he says. “I don’t think the white teams have to pay upfront.”

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
"There are now two separate American soccer cultures: one white, the other Latino."

This is why I'm going to cheer for Mexico, like any real American should!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Also, JFC, this guy is such a weapons grade moron:

“You don’t make wholesale changes based on the ball being 2 inches wide or 2 inches in,” said then–U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati on the night of the collapse, referencing Dempsey’s near equalizer.

Oh yeah that one shot off the post is the reason we didn't qualify. Kill him, Pete.