• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Video will probably be taken down before he wakes up, but @kella would be proud of Miazga calling out the TWINKS on Mexico

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/plmdlx

z2jd09aa6ql11.jpg

You can practically just photoshop his face in now

NML

I had it on in the background while playing 2k but it was an ugly ass game. When Julian Green plays 50 minutes and is maybe ur best player, things didn’t go well

Miazga and Brooks partnership looks good doe

NML

No break, but apparently the bruise was so bad he had internal bleeding. Yikes. I imagine the recovery is shorter than if he had snapped it, plus likely less long term issues.

Oscar Pareja was interviewed for the head corch job this weekend

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Is he good or just decent? Seems to have done okay with Dallas a couple years back, though I didn't actually watch them play

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NML

I think he’s overrated. He was the assistant on an awful showing at the 2007 U17 WC where we lost to TAJIKISTAN. The academy at FCD gets a lot of love, but it’s so hard to know just how much of an impact he’s having there. And does that even translate to the NT level?

FC Dallas have been solid under him, so that’s nice I guess? Unfortunately I don’t think USSF has found a way to buy cheap South Americans so his formula won’t work for the national team

NML

McKennie played this weekend, haha. And is on the roster for upcoming friendlies

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Atlanta United), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew)

Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls), Matt Miazga (Nantes), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic),Ben Sweat (New York City FC), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United)

Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls), Jonathan Amon (Nordsjælland), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Julian Green (Greuther Fürth), Weston McKennie (Schalke),Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain)

Forwards: Andrija Novakovich (Fortuna Sittard), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Bobby Wood (Hannover 96)

Bradley and Guzan back for.... a reason. I like Bradley more than most, but he should really only be there for locker room/substitute role. Excited to see Amon, he’s in the u20 cycle for next year’s World Cup

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Novakovich actually had some really good moments against Ajax... this was pretty good:

NML

Novakovich is interesting because although he’s a loan player, he’s their whole offense. I like watching him play, but this staff doesn’t seem to rate him.

Jozy is still our best option up top right now - he would’ve been called up but got a knock last week.

doh

Fortuna Sittard? Bleh. Some rich American needs to buy Go Ahead Eagles and make it a pipeline for young USMNT talent.
Let's crowdsource and buy a team.

Problem is no one with any brains would invest in Dutch football. Totally moronic leagues/management and falling behind more and more every year.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You're talking about pro sports franchise owners. Not making smart investments is pretty much their retirement hobby.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Let's crowdsource and buy a team.

Problem is no one with any brains would invest in Dutch football. Totally moronic leagues/management and falling behind more and more every year.

I vote for Sparta solely for the stadium entrance.

1200px-Rotterdam_spangen_spartastadion.jpg

doh

Another goal for Weston McKennie...

He's quietly over the last year become better than Pulisic.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Jayden Sancho is probably relegating Pulisic to the bench more often, too. Big couple of months coming up for him.

NML

Julian Green is slowly solidifying his spot as our #10 (although possibly as a back up to McKennie or Pulisic)

Bradley starting. Not much choice with three CMs out. I like the rest of the lineup though.

NML

Glad Acosta is back in the fold. I like his game

Robinson is a great choice when we expect to dominate a game and he can play in the opposition half. He’s just not a good enough defender right now. Needs eight months with Big Sam like Yedlin got

NML

That was pretty

I have no clue how we are winning. We were such shit for the first 47 minutes

Edit: WELP. Not good enough from Miazga

doh

Maybe Pulisic will play for the US again one day... pretty disappointing he just doesn't play.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hell, even if he wasn't hurt, I wouldn't blame him at all for skipping out on friendlies right now. We have an interim coach who probably won't last much longer. He's slipping down the pecking order at Dortmund given the success of Sancho and how good Dortmund have been without him. Plus, the travel is pretty tough.

Speaking of interim coaches, god damn, it's well past time to finally hire someone. I get waiting until after the World Cup. Waiting until now makes no sense, unless you're hoping for a manager to become available. That doesn't seem like the case, though, given that most of the rumors are centered around MLS coaches. We don't have a competitive game for a while still, yes, but it would be nice to get the new coach a couple of friendlies to play around with a lineup and establish a system.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I watch and root for our Women's team but god damn is that product hard to watch sometimes. The amount of stupidly wayward passes and insanely risky tackles looks like something out of an adult rec league game.

doh

Hell, even if he wasn't hurt, I wouldn't blame him at all for skipping out on friendlies right now. We have an interim coach who probably won't last much longer. He's slipping down the pecking order at Dortmund given the success of Sancho and how good Dortmund have been without him. Plus, the travel is pretty tough.
He's played in 1 match for the US in the last 12 months. If he wants to be the leader/face of US soccer/etc. he has to show up and play especially against the biggest opponents that he's missed out on the last year.

NML

U20 WC qualifying is happening

US had a really tough match today against the giants of the US Virgin Islands

13-0

NML

Clinched a spot in the u20 WC - won all six of their matches with a +41 goal differential

The team is about 75% MLS academy players, so it’s really the first generation who have come almost exclusively through the development academy. Will be interesting to see how they do.

I haven’t watched much MLS this season but most are fringe first team players.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Any of them have a good long term outlook, or still kinda fuzzy?

EDIT: Outside Akinola, who is guaranteed to be the GOAT

doh

Actually a very interesting XI vs. Italy. Youngest Lineup in MNT history. Thank god no Trapp, Mizaga, Guzan...

12-Ethan Horvath; 5-Cameron Carter Vickers, 21-Walker Zimmerman, 26-Aaron Long; 25-Reggie Cannon, 9-Marky Delgado, 4-Tyler Adams, 23-Kellyn Acosta, 18-Shaq Moore; 10-Christian Pulisic (capt.), 13-Josh Sargent

Pulisic the only holdover from England match.