• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
giphy.gif

Can FS1 just re-air the USA-France U20 match from yesterday?

NML

Legitimately cannot remember a player performance as bad as Mihailovic last night. That was worse than Bornstein at his Bornstein-iest

Trapp hopefully fell behind Bradley. Sargent was okay but he’s firmly the #3 striker. Arriola was bad. Robinson was really bad and even though I like him, he’s got no place in Berhalter’s current system. I can’t believe we can’t do better than dudes like Lovitz, Gyau, and Lima. Please keep them far, far away from the Gold Cup fields.

Holmes was fun to watch. He’s the only player I felt better about after watching. Luckily, only half of those dudes from last night will make the roster and probably another half of those won’t see the field besides garbage time.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
No Sargent on roster... Good thing we didn't send him to the U-20s

Another total failure by US Soccer. What a federation!

doh

“total failure”
That the most promising 9 in the system gets no matches with the U-20s or NT? I'd call that a total failure by US Soccer.

I'd call missing a WC a total failure. I'd call taking a year to get a MLS HC to agree to coach the NT a total failure. There have been a few in the last year plus.

NML

It’s a total failure that Sargent didn’t get 12 minutes at the GC against Guyana, got it

He’s not as good as Jozy and he’s behind Zardes, that’s just the reality. I agree that it makes more sense to go to the U20’s if that’s the case, but they announced a while back that he wasn’t going to go again (remember he already balled out two years ago, what’s he got to prove?)

There’s plenty of things the federation has done that are total failures, (you mentioned a bunch), not bringing Sargent isn’t one of them.

It’s like when you called Lavar Ball a genius, just have to roll my eyes at your hyperbole

doh

In a summer where there are two major tournaments... the most promising (by far) forward will get 0 minutes.

They left him off the U-20 team SPECIFICALLY to have him on the GC roster. Now he's not on the GC roster.

Of course it's not on the level of other failures from the US. But it just illustrates how incompetent this federation is.

NML

He may not even be the most promising 2000-born American forward playing in Germany

19 year olds with like eight first team appearances shouldn’t be making the full NT. I already said I agree that he should’ve been with the U20’s, but I get why he’s not

NML

Mendez may not be the best prospect of this team, but he has a skill set which the US has not produced before at a high level. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he’s someone we see with the full NT soon because of that

NML

I know you’re just going for the low hanging fruit, but it’s not the NT’s job to develop players. They spend like 30 days a year with them. That’s on the federation and their clubs

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This camera angle is so weird.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Trapp is bad too. Badbadbadfuckingbad.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Holmes looked way more useful than Trapp and I've never heard of him lol

NML

No one is more optimistic and patient with the MNT than me, but holy fuck get some of these players far far away. If Roldan is getting consistent minutes, we aren’t going to win anything. Trapp is a bad defender and he plays DEFENSIVE mid. Arriola missed three - THREE - complete sitters in the past two games. Like those blooper reel sitters that are tougher to miss than make. Zardes... holy shit. Maybe Ream isn’t bad, but he’s got that thing where whenever he’s playing, that team’s defense is also bad.

Pulisic and Adams cannot get into this team fast enough. Same for Bradley and Jozy. I don’t want to throw all the blame on GB, because a lot of these issues would’ve been resolved during that year where we had nothing going on but friendlies. If his system is a process, I can get that the beginning will be bumpy, but this more seizure than hiccup. Also, USSF has lost any and all goodwill that may have existed for them, so they can’t be asking for patience or time at this point.

I still think there’s an avenue where we win the Gold Cup - Mexico is missing so much and we have the most talented player (with Adams, maybe top two) at the event. But the angry US fans mob got a ton of firepower over the past week

Gimme

Boyd - Jozy - Pulisic
Holmes - McKennie
Bradley
Ream - Long - Miazga - Adams
Steffen

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Can't disagree on any of that. After the first 15 minutes they were so bad.

doh

The main problem is there is zero depth in the pool. The "prime" aged group (24-29) is horrendous.

And yeah if Berhalter was coach the last year, a lot of these guys he's trotting out would probably already had been phased out.

But it's really beyond him. The pool is absolute, total garbage.

Snorky's Shame

Holmes out, Mihailovic in on the Gold Cup roster.

Did I mention Djordje cursed out his own supporters after the USOC loss on Tuesday.

NML

Kickoff isn’t until 10? FUUUUUU

Guyana is a historically bad team for this competition. Anything less than 4-0 is an embarrassment.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Who was that team that played Malouda and a bunch of other ineligible players? Lmao

NML

Who was that team that played Malouda and a bunch of other ineligible players? Lmao

That’s French Guiana, who isn’t even a member of FIFA and BEAT GUYANA in November

Somehow Gyasi is still starting. Otherwise no surprises

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Way out on Bradley playing whatever role he's playing now. He doesn't have the legs to defend the massive space he's supposed to, and he doesn't have the passing ability to link the defense and midfield/attack. Woof.

NML

If Pulisic or Zimmerman don’t have the ball, it’s going backwards or to the other team