• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

NML

I’m like “fuck I’ve gotta celebrate this one, may not see another until whatever a Nations League is”

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
"Zardes couldn't do anything with it" might as well be on the back of his fucking jersey

Reactions: NML

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Another "zardes couldn't do anything with it" lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Camera really lingering on that guy's dong bouncing around.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Isn’t it some shit that one of the best young players in our history comes of age just as our overall team is hitting a low point.

NML

“Coming of age” probably isn’t accurate - he’s 20

We’ve got the lost generation, which id consider 88 to 97. That group should be carrying our team (ages 22-31) but there’s so little there. People from decade that were/are difference makers are Jozy and maybe Steffen. One of those is possibly the most polarizing USMNT player of all time and a guy who’s only played in MLS so far.

It turns around in 98 with Pulisic and McKennie. But those peak years of that generation won’t happen until 2026 really, though there will be improvement for 2022.

It’s an unpopular notion, but a lot of this coincides with JK’s big overhaul of the youth system and coaching education. In 2012 when most of it took place, those first years of this (possibly golden) generation were 14.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wondo is the only reason we didn't draw Belgium and then lose to Belgium in penalties in 2014

NML

Dempsey missed the equalizer... Wondo missed a fucking sitter thirty seconds from the end of regulation that would’ve won it

NML

Looks like Tyler Boyd will move to one of the big clubs in Turkey. Would love for him to play in European competitions, but Fenerbahce seems like a good move too.

It’s also worth mentioning that the great scouting network for USSF that discovered Boyd is... a freelance writer. Brian Sciaretta (who always has good stuff, btw) basically found out this random dude in Portugal had some American connection, talked with him enough to convince him to not cap tie himself to New Zealand, then he publishes a report (I think in December) with Boyd that he’d be open to the switch, and here we are.

It’s worth noting this isn’t the first guy this has happened with. Other BS guys were Wooten (who just signed with the Union), Johansson (RIP), and a handful of others on the fringes

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
17 years ago -- I am still pissed. Best match the US has ever played... Oliver Kahn by himself denied a semifinal appearance. I'm still not convinced the ball didn't go over the line on the handball too.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If only we could have done this in October 2017

NML

Zardes with two nice goals but simultaneously could’ve scored six

It’s not a great result or anything but it’s nice to go in dry on one of these third world countries

NML

giphy.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
An American named Sergino Dest starting for a Dutch team. That's what I'm tombout.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It's the D-team... but I'll take it. Dest has a chance to play some Beker matches this year and perhaps make squads by the end of the year.

NML

Doubtful Pierie ever plays for the US tho

Probably right...

... but, he is staring up at 2 of the best 10ish centerbacks in the world? Plus Ake, among others. The move to Ajax tells me he’s pretty highly thought of in Dutch circles, so my guess is the only reasonable scenario is that he hasn’t broken in by 2021 and the US gives him a chance to go to the World Cup.

It’s a bit different than situations like this in the past - even if he flipped tomorrow, he still is behind at least three or four guys and probably battling with like CCV for fringe call ups when someone is hurt.

NML

Literally an entire new 11, which is fine I guess. Excited to see Jozy again. Miazga, Lewis, and Cannon are really the only other players I’m a fan of

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We look good but who the fuck us Lovitz? Why can't we ever have a good left back? Rip DMB

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Omar getting mugged and they call the foul on him lol

NML

This is really the first time for me - but watching Pulisic compared to the rest of the attackers, he’s just on a completely different level. I don’t necessarily want to say he’s the best US player of all time, but neither Dempsey nor Donovan ever did that for me (possibly because they almost always played together)

NML

Here’s a hot take - but I’m glad we sit so compact defensively. Too often the US has abandoned good defense shape against these 80+ ranked teams and it seems to always bite them in the ass. If this Dutch second tier side can pass through us then so be it. Just trust that eventually you can break them down

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pulisic, boyd, mckennie playing with these bums is kind of depressing. Puli is especially just on a completly different level.

bruin

Pulisic, boyd, mckennie playing with these bums is kind of depressing. Puli is especially just on a completly different level.

That run earlier when he basically criss crossed through Curacio. Lol

Now if only Mahomes and Kawhi were on the wings

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Here’s a hot take - but I’m glad we sit so compact defensively. Too often the US has abandoned good defense shape against these 80+ ranked teams and it seems to always bite them in the ass. If this Dutch second tier side can pass through us then so be it. Just trust that eventually you can break them down
Can't believe I'm saying this but I also like us doing this with Zimmerman on the ball. Long makes me really nervous.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm so fucking sick of Zardes and his lead touch.