• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
My reaction:

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Dest is a good player and all I just hope people don't think of him as some sort of savior. He still can't defend much but going forward he is pretty good. I actually think the US would be wise to use him as a winger. Cannon at RB is good enough there and you can let Dest just attack.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Twellman thinks everything is a foul. I low key hate him on broadcasts.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Spoiler it's 3-0 in the 35th because Canada is being trash tonight!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
ROSE getting the start at the 10 tonight.

This is a good chance to watch us actually beat Mexico!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Literally scored on her 2nd touch.

NML

Have three different buddies/former coworkers who were told they’ll be let go as soon as USSF makes it official, but it looks like they are shutting down the Development Academy, both boys and girls.

I get the girls - they’ve never been able to overtake ECNL, so it’s not providing anything new in that regard. But it feels like a massive step back for a huge number of second tier players in the 13-18 group. The issue has become more prevalent recently as the investments have gone up, but it’s definitely the MLS clubs, and then wayyy down is everyone else.

USSF invest nearly $10m a year into DA to cover basically all non-MLS academies, and I struggle to see how those kids will still find high quality coaching and competition, at least anywhere near the level they were at.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What's up with Gooch? I'm watching Sunderland Til I Die and he's undressing these League One scrubs. That doesn't seem impressive but concacaf is full of League One bums, so it seems like he'd be an asset to us lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think that was easily my favorite World Cup for us. It would be easy to say 2002 because we did the best, but I didn't see much of that as I had like a 70hr a week summer job that year.

2010 was awesome. Removing my shirt in the first 5 minutes of the opening game for Dempsey's goal. Removing my pants for Brooks's in the 87th. The Slovenia game, mostly memorable for having a lot of really exciting moments, including (for bad reasons) the ridiculous disallowed goal which BTW is the exact reason we need VAR for goal decisions in major tournaments. And of course the Algeria game.

2010 was probably our best chance. Better than 2014 - that Belgium squad easily could have won the whole thing. We could have easily beaten Ghana, too, and IIRC their winning goal was kind of a mess.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Shit, I got them completely mixed up lol. Either way, 2014 felt like totally borrowed time given our group and round of 16 outlook.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Shit, I got them completely mixed up lol. Either way, 2014 felt like totally borrowed time given our group and round of 16 outlook.

You're right, but we were also a minute away from qualifying for the round of 16 after 2 games. Wondo missed a glorious chance to win the game against Belgium. The margins are really thin at World Cups.

NML

The Octagon!

I think this is better for the US? CONCACAF behind US/Mexico is pretty even, so I'd imagine these teams will be stealing points from each other all over the place. Can we do it on a rainy night in Curacao doe?

NML

The Bryang Kayo story is pretty interesting too - he was part of a loaded, underachieving U17 team from a couple years back. He's a DC United academy player, but wants to go overseas. While I don't think I've ever heard specifics, he elects not to sign with DC, and instead signs with Orange County of the USL. Never plays for them, but then signed with Wolfsburg when we turned 18.

There's some sketchy stuff happening - by not signing with DC, they aren't entitled to youth compensation. While I'm sure Orange County got something for being the middle man, its not great that players are circumventing the process to get where they want and teams aren't getting compensated. I don't blame the players, MLS needs to change things.

Caden Clark is another one - RB Leipzig wants to sign him, but he can't until he's 18. Not a MLS academy player, but wants to play professionally until then. But, if he signs with MLS, he loses a ton of leverage in making that move happen. So instead, he signed with NYRB 2 team (also in USL). He's know basically in the funnel of RBL without any compensation to any youth teams.

Snorky's Shame

WCQ Schedule is out.

The US better qualify early because these are their last three games.

at Mexico
vs most likely Panama
at Costa Rica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk