• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Utopia Turkeys Boot Room (ps4) RIP pro clubs

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Have a happy hour, maybe after 9 my time. The puber look has helped my productivity in this game tremendously

Soonerfan09

Y'all on though? Gf just got me the game earlier, package can be ravaged in less than 5. We playing or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I was in my last game before night night time. I stop playing Vidya at 10pm so I can let my brain rest before bed, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That was fun tonight. Tom Turkey still has some rust to shake off, but I feel like the toned down pace will really suit us.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, but the toned up "CPU does nothing while opposing players run past" now requires that we use an any. Hmmmmm.

NML

Yeah, and we had some nice movement offensively. I feel like even though I had five or six goals, I easily could've had double that - Thomas put a few crosses right on my head that I promptly put right at the keeper (who was also making some unbelievable saves).

Any is definitely the way to go.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
From last night

You can watch some dew chugging pubers take us apart before we used an Any.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Bonus that I sound neurotic af talking to myself the entire time since Travis didn't enable party chat recording.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
6:40

Kella: "Get rid of it, dingus.... what are you doing?"

right as I'm in the middle of doing something creative/good and Kella is running up my ass for some reason :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I was uh, hurrying to occupy space I thought you'd be vacating...probably. Shut up.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not to go all CORCH but this is a pretty good example of a good time to request a pass. There is a massive gap and plenty of space to exploit if Tom calls for a through ball when the CPU guy gets to the top of the box.

This is also an AMAZING counter. Probably our best of the entire night. Nobody takes more than a touch, and we have at least one pass that is to the more open man, not necessarily just the guy furthest forward.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This on the other hand is 2 terrible counters.

For the first one, that long pass requested by Travis is only ok because it actually hit this time...I think otherwise that long ball was a big oh-fer. Then a really overcooked pass right to the other team when a simple through ball to the CAM puts me in space and us into a 3 on 3 against their back line.

Next, I make an ill-advised call for pass which is picked off but we get it right back. Gator does well to get it out in a touch but then NML turns back into 2 defenders while the inside pass is easily available to 2 other guys.

Counter intuitively, the middle on a counter is almost always more open than the flanks. At least in pro clerbs.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Another similar one. A ridiculous lob is called for while there's a giant gap up the middle on the counter.

You may notice these have a common theme, which is: whiskey

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I didn't call for a lob in that second one, I called for a normal through ball to be sent up the line (a solid 2 seconds earlier when I was onside) the CPU mong decided to lob it for some reason, lol. I don't think they differentiate when you press through ball, they just send the type they think they should.

Playing without an any should be avoided for this reason. Had I not called for that pass God knows what the CPU would have done. Piddled around with the ball ignoring us until they turned it over, probably.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The first one is just a bad pass by me (and again I just called for a normal through ball up the line, not lobbed). I meant to send an easy pass to you (the CAM) just like you said and I just overcooked it because Whiskey. I had the right idea (I wouldn't try to pass to NML from there) but it just didn't work.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, you're right about the CPU, lol. They seem to have turned down the CPU's pass accuracy quite a bit to discourage pubers from running 5 forwards with CPU sitting on Park the Bus. We'll just have to adapt.

NML

The good news is that almost all of the changes benefit us: speed being toned down is huge because that's really the only way people consistently use to score against us. CPU Any being easy to pick apart is good too - rarely will we come across someone better at it than kella PLUS it forces some mong to do it instead of last year when all they did was call for lofted through balls - which are also toned down.

I was also surprised at how well only three users worked. I think when we first started playing this mode (13 maybe?) we use to run with three, but in the past couple years we always got destroyed. Last night our first match was 5-0 and probably should've been more.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think we should climb the ranks pretty quickly. I'm considering turning automatic switching off entirely for Any, just so I can control exactly when to switch to them.

NML

It's early playing this mode - but it'll probably save the game for me. I've had similar thoughts on seasons mode as others, and FUT has been meh. Hopefully patches fix the latter two, but last night played pretty close to real soccer.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Overall I thought the spacing was pretty good. @NML i think sometimes you so alittle too much link play and and it leaves you way too deep.

I I was laughing at our good counter. Travis made his run and literally was running at the back of the CB.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's early playing this mode - but it'll probably save the game for me. I've had similar thoughts on seasons mode as others, and FUT has been meh. Hopefully patches fix the latter two, but last night played pretty close to real soccer.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Even just a couple times a week with a couple beers this makes it worth the purchase. I'm not sure I'll pick up seasons mode again with any sincerity unless there's a serious tuner released.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

This is my favorite thing. The juxtaposition between the first and last moves is what does it. On my fuckup I was literally watching you, ready for you to make a move and shoot... and then I had the ball and I was not remotely ready to do a single thing about it If you watch the beginning of the clip, you can also see why I'd never expect a pass to be made in that scenario. "I'm wide open and in a perfect spot, so I would never expect a pass in this situation"

Then in true Whiskey lag fashion, you see the "shoot button" symbol appear above my head as I stumble into the net trying to "tackle" someone, a good 4 seconds after I needed to shoot.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It all worked so well too, unusually so. We got it cleanly up the wing. I didn't barrel into the box "central defensive winger" style, I called for the pass at a good time, it was actually executed, I didn't panic, picked the right person (there's 4 or 5 things in a row that don't usually happen in succession)...and then...WOOF as Fred would say

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Just getting that many passes off in succession. Every one of us kept getting caught in possession. Too used to playing 2 man 5 defender puber teams who didn't use an any.