• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

bhurst99

liverpoolgoals.png

Really, is that all you want? The Premiership title, the FA Cup and the Europa League title. Are you sure you don't want more?

Holy cow! Talk about high expectations! I'm hoping for mid-table with a run at another European spot next season.

This isn't the Liverpool of the glory years.

bhurst99

liverpoogoalieroster2.png

I never would have guessed there are GK kicking ratings. Has anyone ever noticed any differences in the way goalies kick the ball in FIFA? If you have you are much more observant than I.

The only way Doni plays over Reina is if Reina is suspended for the very rare -- but possible -- red card. Maybe I'll throw Doni in net for a Capital Cup game.

Since Gulacsi is only 22, we'll try to loan him out and see if he develops into something down the road.

bhurst99

liverpoolrosterdef1.png

Here's your starting defense for Liverpool. I imagine we'll start the season in the team`s default 4-3-3.

Skrtel, Agger and myself go way back to my Liverpool FIFA 09 dynasty. I practically feel like we're family. However, they both seem kind of slow and I like my defenders to get back quickly to cover up my inevitable defensive blunders.

bhurst99

liverpoolrosterdef2.png

Well, if Skrtel and Agger are like family, I don't know how to describe Carragher. I remember using him when I first started playing FIFA in FIFA 04. I recall the glory we had in winning the European Cup in Total Club Football 2004 (which used FIFA 04 as a match engine). He's on the back end of a great career and there's no way he can play a full 90 minutes but he still has some value left.

Should I be concerned Coates has a jump rating of 34? Jumping to defend corner kicks would seem to be a pretty important part of being a central defender.

I think Wilson would be candidate to get loaned out. I also think I'm going to seek another high-end defender on the transfer market before the season begins.

bhurst99

liverpoolrostermid1.png

I'm actually surprised Gerrard's stamina is as high as 76. He always tired quickly in my FIFA 09 dynasty and it drove me crazy. He never seemed to play as well for me in FIFA as he did in real life. Probably my fault. I need him to play at a high level.

(Edit: Hmm, I just looked back at my FIFA 09 stats and he had eight goals in 43 games, completed a high percentage of his passes (76 per cent) and had the best percentage of tackles won (75 per cent) on the team. So my memory isn't that good).

Sahin is being loaned from Real Madrid. His physical skills are nothing to write home about but his technical skills are great.

bhurst99

liverpoolrostefor1.png

Suarez is obviously the prized possession here. I expect he`s going to absolutely dominate and be among the league`s top goal scorers. I`d be disappointed if he didn`t end up in the top five.

I do like Assaidi`s speed and acceleration ratings. He could be a dynamic duo with Suarez. If he can draw defenders with his speed and get space for Suarez to finish good things will happen.

There`s some nice pieces here in Downing and Borini. I will sign another striker. You can never have too many high end strikers.

bhurst99

liverpoolrostefor2.png

I could see Pacheco playing some early round Capital Cup and FA Cup games. I like his speed, dribbling and balance ratings. If I sign another striker he's going to have a hard time finding playing time.

Sterling, Yesil and Ngoo will see some time in the pre-season friendlies to drum up some interest for loans. I've read that unless you play them a bit the other teams won't make loan offers in FIFA 13. I'm not sure if that's correct but I'm not going to take any chances. I want these young players to develop.

bhurst99

liverpoolinjurygerrard.png

Well, isn't this just a grand way to start off this dynasty. In the default rosters that game with the came I don't recall Gerrard being injured. I must have used one of the newer rosters. It's about six weeks before the start of the season so hopefully Gerrard will okay for the first league game.

I wish the board had taken this into account when they set the goal of winning the league for me.

bhurst99

liverpoolrosterloan.png

There was no chance 30-year old Brad Jones was going to play for us so he's the first to be transfer listed. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mr. Jones.

I didn't realize this was Carragher's final season. That's news to me.

Carroll, Spearing and Mukendi were all loaned out before I was named manager. Mukendi's going to have to develop dramatically to have any future with the club.

As my first move I've put a collection of teenagers on the loan list. See if we get any bites from other teams.

bhurst99

liverpoolscout1.png

Steven Kerr you want $8 million?!? Holy cow. That would seriously cut into our transfer budget so we're not going to do that. Find some other sucker to pay you and your scouting network $8 million.

I hate to settle for second best in scouting but that's exactly what we're settling for in Trygve Hoie at a more reasonable price of $1.5 million.

That leaves us $23 million. We should be able to get two good players for that amount.

bhurst99

liverjulysked.png

My pre-season schedule sees me playing three games in eight days.

July 22: Siena
July 26: Chievo Verona
July 30: Marseille

Hopefully, I can develop some sliders for a realistic game.

bhurst99

liverprefirstgame.png

Okay, it's time to start playing some games before I bore everyone to tears. This is a Video Diary not a Screen-Capture-to-Dull-People-to-Death-Diary.

I don't know if I agree with the headline. I'm not seeking to impress anyone with a nothing pre-season match. It's all about getting to know your team in the pre-season. That quote does sound like something I would say.

Yesil's request is a reasonable one especially since he called me "Boss." I like that he knows who is in charge around here. He'll start against Siena. But he better not let it get to his head.

bhurst99

liverpoolpostgame1yesil.png

"Hurst is an incredible guy"

I'm starting to warm up to Yesil with comments like that. Flattery and bribes will get you everywhere. (I'm lying Yesil's going back to the bench next game. I have a tough season to prepare for and he's not making enough coin to bribe his way into the starting 11 ). For what it's worth, Yesil was rated 6.5 for the match.

I've always wondered what goes into these ratings. Some of them can really make you shake your head. Cole, a substitute in the 77th minute, was rated just 4.0. What did he do, or not to do, in 13 minutes to deserve that?

bhurst99

liverpoolstrikersigninglarge.png

We didn't want to break the bank to sign a striker since we also want to sign a defender. We offered $12,400,000 but Hannover rejected that so we upped our bid to land him. Hopefully, he's got a lot of goals in him with that finishing rating of 86.

We have about $10 million left to sign a credible defender.

bhurst99

liverpooldefendersigninglarge.png

And that completes my pre-season additions as we are now left with under $1,000,000.

I probably should have done a little more research as some of Rolando's ratings leave a lot to be desired. He has ratings above 80 in tackling and marking so he's certainly no bust.

Unfortunately, it turns out he is not available for my second exhibition game.

bhurst99

liverpooltransfersrejected.png

I've rejected all offers for our "elite" players as without them there's no way I can qualify for the Champions League next season.

I can't believe we even picked up the phone when Everton called about Johnson. No way are we selling to our Merseyside derby rivals.

The Lyon offer was an interesting one since $10 million is a lot for a slow defender but we elected to keep Skrtel.

Suarez is the best player on the team. We're keeping him. He's probably going to be disappointed that he won't get to see all the Italian models walking along Via Montenapoleone in Milan but life's tough sometimes. Even if you're a 25-year old multi-millionaire.

bhurst99

liverrolandobefore3rdgame.png

Whoa. Whoa. I wasn't expecting this when I signed Rolando. Move away from the ledge, Skrtel, you're still one of our starters.

(That's a terrible picture of Skrtel. If I saw him an alley, I would run the other way screaming like a girl).

Both Rolando and Skrtel will play in our final pre-season match against Marseille. But we're mostly going to be using reserves for our final game to drum up some interest in those players for loans.

bhurst99

Liverpool vs Marseille, Exhibition Game Three

livermarseilleintro.png

As you can see, I am playing a lot of reserves in our final pre-season match.

bhurst99

liverpoolinjury.png

Yes, I like being coy with the media.

But you faithful reader I will tell the truth: The season doesn't start for another two weeks so Gerrard should be good to go for our opening game against West Brom.

bhurst99

liverpoolloaned.png

We had some good success loaning out our teenagers. Hopefully, they'll get some first team playing time on their teams and return at the end of the season with higher ratings.

bhurst99

liverpoolpredictions.png

I'm surprised at the game's expectations for Liverpool considering they are a mid-table team in real life with mid-table talent.

The Board expects me to finish first and EA Sports is predicting a third-place finish. I think I'd be happy with fourth place and a Champions League spot.

bhurst99

liverpoolpred3rdfix.png

You don't read the words prolificacy and guile in sports stories very often.

Skrtel was worried about being benched in favour of Rolando just days ago now the media pundits say he needs to be a rock. I'm more worried he has the speed of a rock.

I think Tevez has been the biggest transfer of the pre-season so far. I'm actually not a big fan of the pre-season transfers in FIFA since they can be so wild. If I had the option I would probably turn transfers off before the start of the first season as I like to play teams with their real rosters until the January transfer market (Note: I realize you can do this on the PC but I'm playing on XBox 360).

bhurst99

liverpoolprefirstgamescouting2.png

So our Norwegian scout has been busy scouting players for a month. I'm not prepared to sign anyone yet so I've asked my scout to keep following these players. Except for Sean Brislen-Hall. We're just not into players with hyphenated last names.

bhurst99

liverpoolaug.png

It's a pretty tough schedule to start the season

Aug. 18 -- West Brom
Aug. 23 -- Arsenal
Aug. 26 -- Manchester City

We're going to find out what we're made of this month.

bhurst99

liverpoolprefirstgamepreview_zpse265707c.png

The biggest question I have going into this game about our opponents: What in the world is Zoopla, the sponsor on West Brom's kits?

Okay, I looked it up and apparently Zoopla is a UK web site for searching properties. It almost sounds like one of those fake sponsors you'd see in some sports games.

bhurst99

liverpoolprefirstgamegerrardinjury.png

I told ya Gerrard would be back for the first game. We're not going to "ease" him back in. He'll put on the captain's armband and be in the starting 11.

bhurst99

liverpostfirstgame1.png

Yeah, Gerrard was okay in our opening defeat. I don't know about "master class".

He had an assist and connected on just about every pass he made.

The important thing is that he didn't get injured again.

bhurst99

liverpoolinternational.png

At the start of this dynasty, I mentioned that I wasn't calling this a Liverpool dynasty because I plan on accepting an international job (and also I feared getting fired from my club team).

I would have liked to wait until some countries come calling but the problem with that is World Cup qualifications begin in early September. I don't want to wait until October to accept an international job and then find out I'm already in the hole because the team lost its first two games.

So what I did was I used the points you get in the game to accept the option to accept your home country's job. Is that cheating? Maybe. But you know my rationale.

bhurst99

englandroster.png

The squad was already selected for me when I took the job. I'm sure I'll make some changes to the starting 11.

I'm disappointed I can't see the other World Cup groups. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

This seems like an incredibly difficult group with Switzerland, Turkey and Sweden although I should definitely advance.

bhurst99

liverseptember.png

My England career will begin with two qualifiers

Sept. 1 -- Sweden
Sept. 5 -- Bulgaria

Then it's back to Liverpool for five games in 17 days which is really going to test the depth of our squad. We have two league games, two Europa league games and a League Cup match.