• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 1 Thread - Lightning Crashes

bruin

Oh now feel it, comin' back again
Like a rollin', thunder chasing the wind
Forces pullin' from
The center of the earth again
I can feel it.

Just because Woodstock's 50th Anniversary was cancelled doesn't mean we still can't blast some Live. First true weekend of CFB of the year hits us this Labor Day Weekend with games Thursday-Monday. Can you feel it? Gameday is at Jerry's World for Oregon-Texas. Would be awesome if Tricky D and Co. invaded Autzen or @Brick with MILES hit the plains. But beggers can't be choosers. Or something. Is Desmond Howard gonna have to really choke a whore? I'm hype. Saludos.

Oh now feel it, comin' back again
Like a rollin', thunder chasing the wind
Forces pullin' from
The center of the earth again
I can feel it.

Games of the weekend

Georgia Tech at #1 Clemson, 8 ET, ACC Network (Thursday)
#14 Utah at BYU, 10:15 ET, ESPN (Thursday)
Colorado State vs Colorado, 10 ET, ESPN (Friday)
FAU at #5 Ohio State, 12 ET, FOX
Duke vs #2 Alabama, 3:30 ET, ABC
Northwestern at #25 Stanford, 4 ET, FOX
Boise State vs Florida State, 7 ET, ESPN
#3 Georgia at Vanderbilt, 7:30 ET, SEC Network
#11 Oregon vs #16 Auburn, 7:30 ET, ABC
Houston vs #4 Oklahoma, 7:30 ET, ABC (Sunday)
#9 Notre Dame at Louisville, 8 ET, ABC (Monday)

van-pelt-color1.jpg

oregon-duck_crop_exact.jpg

Gus-Johnson-Joel-Klatt.jpg

AP_BYU_Utah_Football_001-x-wide-community.jpg

Boxing-Asset-df0b5c119c.jpg

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
lossa good looking games on the scheddy week 1.

Utah-Byu thursday will be a good one.
Auburn-Oregon
Northwestern-Stanford & Boise-Florida State

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
CSU by 40 thanks to Corch Croot Trog Ball

Also, the game doesn’t start until 8 there? Lol how many people are gonna be there, 5?

There will be about 50 extremely drunk people plus the marching bands.

Why is this game at 8? I don't understand at all.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
You win. Posting videos from 5+ years ago to prove your point is not something I can counter. Game over. I will now go kill myself since that's the only response I can make.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My favorite thing about the ROCKY MOUNTAIN SHOWDOWN is how it was a driving force behind the new ON CAMPUS STADIUM. First there was the idea that they needed to play at a neutral site (or at CU) because CSU didn't have the capacity at Hughes Stadium... but I don't think I've ever seen even the lower bowl of Mile High full? The upper deck is always completely empty. It seems like there are always 15-20k seats empty, lol. I bet there won't be 40k in attendance on Friday! It would have sold Hughes out every season for sure and it always sold out at Folsom.

So anyway the new stadium was sold to the trogs with the promise of having an occasional HOMEGAME at CSU was a huge part of the allure of an ON CAMPUS STADIUM! So this will be the last neutral site version of the Rocky Mountain Showdown in Denver and after that they have a 2020 game at CSU! After that who knows? I guess they are scheduled to occasionally play @CU or CSU but not every year? There will probably be two CU/CSU games at CSU ever and then Pete will kill us all or footbaw will be BANT due to CTE and they'll use the stadium for quidditch or something.

I'm glad they'll be done with the neutral site stuff, because driving to Denver is a pain for both fanbases and they pull approximately zero additional people in Denver, apparently.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
My favorite thing about the ROCKY MOUNTAIN SHOWDOWN is how it was a driving force behind the new ON CAMPUS STADIUM. First there was the idea that they needed to play at a neutral site (or at CU) because CSU didn't have the capacity at Hughes Stadium... but I don't think I've ever seen even the lower bowl of Mile High full? The upper deck is always completely empty. It seems like there are always 15-20k seats empty, lol. I bet there won't be 40k in attendance on Friday! It would have sold Hughes out every season for sure and it always sold out at Folsom.

So anyway the new stadium was sold to the trogs with the promise of having an occasional HOMEGAME at CSU was a huge part of the allure of an ON CAMPUS STADIUM! So this will be the last neutral site version of the Rocky Mountain Showdown in Denver and after that they have a 2020 game at CSU! After that who knows? I guess they are scheduled to occasionally play @CU or CSU but not every year? There will probably be two CU/CSU games at CSU ever and then Pete will kill us all or footbaw will be BANT due to CTE and they'll use the stadium for quidditch or something.

I'm glad they'll be done with the neutral site stuff, because driving to Denver is a pain for both fanbases and they pull approximately zero additional people in Denver, apparently.

Seems like building that new stadium is sort of akin to celebrating something that is totally meaningless. Sort of like...

giphy.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I've been craving a bunch of weird food lately. The other day I wanted to eat sauerkraut, so I cooked some brats and had some... but that wasn't really satisfying my craving so I ate like half the jar as a side dish. The next day for lunch I finished off the leftover brats and then ate the rest of the jar of sauerkraut. About 3pm the previous night's sauerkraut was combining with the pot of coffee I drank that morning and the fresh sauerkraut I just ate for lunch. This started fermenting something fierce and I began to feel bloated and produce a lot of gas. I went to the bathroom to resolve the issue, but it was all thunder and no lightning crashing (tying this back to the thread title). For the rest of the afternoon I closed my office door so I could fart in peace. About 5:30 it looked like everyone had cleared out, so I finally opened my office of hot boxed sauerkraut death and then gave one last tremendous fart. About 10 seconds later my boss, who hadn't actually left yet, rounded the corner and walked into my office to talk with me about this stupid mega ditch I'm working on. As the cloud hit him, he started coughing and left the office with his eyes watering and turned to me and said "damn, son, do you need to go to a doctor?"

I'd rather re-live that scenario for eternity than watch the Rocky Mountain Showdown this year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
There was a big kerfuffle about how Denver wanted to declare TOM'S DINER the 8th wonder of the world or something, which would prevent the actual owner of said dinner from selling it for a good amount of money to a developer and retiring. Anyway, I thought it was OUR diner, so I lol'd and was going to send you the article... but the article said it was on Colfax, which isn't near the greyhound station? I guess I either experienced a glitch or we went to SAM'S DINER?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think my favorite part of that whole deal is I had you pick the restaurant because ur a vegetarian/high maintenance... and you pick a restaurant for JARS who look at u like ur crazy when you ask if they have salad. "We don't have #salads round these parts, but I can bring you some burger toppings without the burger?"

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The poor waitress was so confused.... "Ok, my boy here need to be back on the bus in 18 minutes and 38 seconds. Can you get us food that quick? Can you just bring the check when you bring the food? Also, can you take a picture FOR THE GRAM while I hold the lil guy?"

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
SAM'S is sitting at 4.5 stars on 5k google reviews, which is probably what I mostly judged it off of. The cold of Denver in late September snuck up on me, so I would've eaten pretty much anywhere to stay warm!

I didn't want to get an exclusively Vegetarian restaurant (nor was there one walking distance), especially given you already had to fight through TROGMONT traffic to meet up.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The poor waitress was so confused.... "Ok, my boy here need to be back on the bus in 18 minutes and 38 seconds. Can you get us food that quick? Can you just bring the check when you bring the food? Also, can you take a picture FOR THE GRAM while I hold the lil guy?"
When I got there and they said there was a 20 minute wait, I was like WELP. But it somehow worked when we just ordered 3 courses and the check all at once.