• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 10 Thread - Werewolves of London

bruin

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein

We're in the back stretch now. Halloween is Thursday. College Gameday's site at the time of this thread being published (1:27 PT) there is still no announcement where Reece, Kirk and Lee are headed. They gotta be going to Minnesota, right? Sergey Kovalev vs Canelo Alvarez in a true MEGA fight is also Saturday night on DAZN. I'll be drinking my weight in Stoli as Kovalev is my guy.
Have a good week and be sure to check your chillrens candy. Cheers bros..

You hear him howling around your kitchen door
You better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again

45147749_10156740542452943_6508414975877316608_n.jpg

CocktailParty.jpg

MV5BMjE0Mjk0NzQ0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjQ3Mjky._V1_.jpg

kirk-herbstreit-squeals-in-fear-from-zombie-invasion-in-booth-1446346046.jpeg

canelo-kovalev-1024x576.jpg

Notable matchups:
West Virginia at #12 Baylor, 5:00 PT, ESPN (Thursday)
#8 Georgia vs #6 Florida , 12:30 PT, CBS
#9 Utah at Washington , 1:00 PT, FOX
#15 SMU at #24 Memphis, 4:30 PT, ABC
#7 Oregon at USC, 5:00 PT, FOX

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Should be a good one. Illini being favored by 20 is stupid and probably dooming.

Last time I drove down we lost to Rutgers so I'm staying as far away as possible.

Ander1345

No Champagne Champaign boogaloo?

If my kids would be old enough in 2021 and the Illini end up successful I'd look into tickets for Ireland 2021 vs Nebraska. It takes a lot for me to make the drive down from Chicago(it's incredibly boring and feelsbad ifthey lose).

Ander1345

Illini technically not eliminated from winning the Big Ten West. Odds are less than winning the lotto.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Why does HURTS only have 13 attempts? AIR RAID, my fucking ass
Hurts really struggles with the typical 2+ read pass plays that Baker and (To a lesser extent) Kyler thrived on. It really highlights that as easy as it is from the fan perspective to think operating a spread offense is easy, it’s not. Hurts’ stats from Kansas State:

19-26 with 395 passing yards at 15.2 ypa, one TD, zero INT, two sacks. Seems good, however a double pass to a wide open receiver and a 70 yard touch pass TD to Lamb made up 140 of his 395. Take that away and you’re looking at 17-24, 255 yards. Not bad, but not quite what you seek in the Big 12. When OU can keep Hurts in simple/directed concepts they’re hard to beat, but he throws intercept-able balls like candy in the drop back pass game and I think he’s going to struggle against Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State and TCU.

Defensively, teams in the league are figuring it out. OU loves their Bear front, they want you to run into the teeth of their athletic backers, and they invite throws to the flats where their soft secondary can utilize leverage to make plays. Unfortunately, Grinch has now gotten his first dose of baptism by fire in the big 12. And he hasn’t even faced any of the air raid-branched teams.

The biggest concerns, and what’s always been evident watching the Sooners, is that 1) their secondary is still soft (Thanks Stoops) and 2) if you can win the edge you’ll gash them on the ground. Kansas State put on a clinic for #2. Baylor, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State are all capable of doing the same, or worse. I’m curious to see what Grinch’s adjustment is moving forward. Maybe Ohio State/Wazzu fans can elaborate.

With Texas struggling to stop a fledgling TCU offense and giving up 40+ to KU, I gotta question if OU has had the easiest road in the Big 12 yet.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Speaking of Texas, Todd Orlando has to go. Yet another game where Orlando called some fire zone/zero packages that didn’t hit home and gave up big plays, predictably.

It’s interesting to see over the years how defense has evolved in the Big 12. As with spread offenses, the Big 12 led the charge. The proliferation of spread offenses is now filtering into the SEC. so it makes sense that the leader in anti-spread defenses would be... the Big 12! Iowa State really popularized the dime base inverted Tampa 2 defense.. culminating in the shocker in Norman back in 17. Noticed that more teams are doing that now not only in the Big 12, but other conferences.

Oklahoma State looked dead in the waters after a big loss to Baylor, but the recent losses dealt to OU and Texas keep that door to the CCG cracked slightly open. The defense, while giving up big plays every once in a while, is actually set up quite well to give them a chance at winning out. Everything kind of hinges on Spencer Sanders though. Have noticed some growth in him the last few weeks - he can actually handle some downfield reads now - but he’s easily 2-3 years away.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...-swinney-likes-ncaa-vote-benefits/4104846002/

“I’ve always said I’m against the professionalization of college athletics and the de-valuing of education,” Swinney said. “If we professionalize college, then I might as well coach the pros.

I like how he acts like it's some blessing to all of us that he's corching Klimpson and we should all be willing to fuck thousands of people over so he can make millions a year. Go fail in the DC VORTEX with the SKINS then, you BUM!

Wooly

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...-swinney-likes-ncaa-vote-benefits/4104846002/

I like how he acts like it's some blessing to all of us that he's corching Klimpson and we should all be willing to fuck thousands of people over so he can make millions a year. Go fail in the DC VORTEX with the SKINS then, you BUM!
Swinney has the worst argument. His comes from the worst position because it's so hypocritical.

However, there is a good argument against paying the players. I think we should let pro sports create their own minor leagues, and get rid of scholarship sports in college. Colleges should have nothing to do with sports, beyond the club and intramural level for their student body. Beyond that level, it makes no sense for educational institutions to be involved in sports.

If any individual wants to work or sell their fame, it has nothing to do with the college anyway

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

Ander1345

I think there just needs to be some protections in place, which is where Illinois Ad Josh Whitman is as well. He's overall in favor but wants it done right.

I think if your athletes are playing a sport that is so violent it can affect them the rest of their lives they should be able to profit in as many ways as possible.

To expect them to feel blessed because they put their bodies on the line while you make millions is basically seeing them as sub human.

BUT AS LONG AS WE BUILD CHARACTER IT'S A BLESSED DAY.

Sometimes football is so stupid.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
My schizo neighbor has a bench warrant for not showing up to court too! Twinsies.