• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 12 Thread - King of Pain

bruin

There's a little black spot on the sun today
It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop

Week 12 has arrived. Only three! weeks remaining in the regular season. Sigh, it really does go by so fast. Gameday is heading to Waco for the first time ever? Could have swore Corso said that this past Saturday if OU and Baylor had won. Editors *note* on the rankings listed it will be from the AP Poll as the CFB committee rankings come out on TUESDAY and we're here live on Monday at 1:11 AM, PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (BE THE BEST TIME)
Just got back from Doctor Sleep. Mike Flanagan can do no wrong... Cheers bros.

Notable games of note.
Michigan State at #14 Michigan, 9:00 AM, PT (FOX)
#21 Navy at #16 Notre Dame, 11:30 AM, PT (NBC)
Wake Forest at #3 Clemson, 12:30 PT, (ABC)
#5 Georgia at #13 Auburn, 12:30 PT, (CBS)
#7 Minnesota at #23 Iowa, 1:00 PT, (FOX)
#1 LSU at Ole Miss, 4:00 PT, (ESPN)
#10 Oklahoma at #12 Baylor, 4:30 PT, (ABC)
UCLA at #8 Utah, 5:00 PT, (FOX)
Arizona at #6 Oregon, 7:30 PT, (ESPN)

I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain

8b7a321c44e6858df68e77a0feefb67b.jpg

Uga-1.jpg

DRSLP-1200x675-RED-IT-1024x576.jpg

85d1d3909721.png

alright-team-we-want-the-pac-12-to-be-seen-as-39515289.png

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Week 11 was very fascinating across the board, but there was an exceptionally underrated matchup in Iowa State vs OU. I thought about posting a pregame write up on it, but didn’t bother.

Two weeks ago I posted about OU’s defensive inefficiencies and how they’re likely to continue cropping up to close out the season.

Defensively, teams in the league are figuring it out. OU loves their Bear front, they want you to run into the teeth of their athletic backers, and they invite throws to the flats where their soft secondary can utilize leverage to make plays. Unfortunately, Grinch has now gotten his first dose of baptism by fire in the big 12. And he hasn’t even faced any of the air raid-branched teams.

The biggest concerns, and what’s always been evident watching the Sooners, is that 1) their secondary is still soft (Thanks Stoops) and 2) if you can win the edge you’ll gash them on the ground. Kansas State put on a clinic for #2. Baylor, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State are all capable of doing the same, or worse. I’m curious to see what Grinch’s adjustment is moving forward. Maybe Ohio State/Wazzu fans can elaborate.

What was evident from week one was that their defense is still soft, just that their Bear front and exceptional LB Murray (and weak schedule) kind of masked their deficiencies.

That’s being unmasked in an ugly way right now, and I think it’s just going to get worse.

Iowa State moved the ball at a 6.91 yards per play mark. They did this by attacking Radley-Hiles against the run with their outstanding TE Kolar, but also by abusing their undersized secondary with both of their TEs.

Their non-Murray players up front (aside from maybe Gallimore) are pretty unremarkable, and it’s starting to show. Baylor will probably look to attack in a similar fashion... interestingly though is that Baylor’s offensive line is really struggling to block people up front.

Ultimately, their offense is still really good, but I think OU ends the regular season with one more loss. Whether Grinch can get the right talent to OU to legitimately improve their defense will be an interesting development to watch as other Big 12 schools slowly move to anti-spread tactics like the Iowa State/Baylor “inverter Tampa 2” defense. Oklahoma State has gone the other direction playing a 3 down 4-2-5 defense bringing multiple 7 man pressures a game to really fluster QBs (notching 3 interceptions in back to back games).

We’ll see how the defense holds up in its final three games. OU faces Baylor and Oklahoma State on the road and both teams have been playing solid, competent defense lately that will get them stops. The question is how OU’s defense holds up against both teams’ offenses, which can move and score (both are top-20 in yards per play), but have had iffy output in a few games due to offensive line inconsistency and personnel issues. 11-1, 10-2, and 9-3 are all realistic outcomes for OU this season. A pretty fun finish in store for big 12 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Illinois received a vote. Also not from the one writer everyone thought it would be.

We've officially entered the Chaos Dimension

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU is definitely going to lose at least one more. Doesn't help that Kenneth Mann and Trey Sermon are both out for the year.

Ander1345

That's fucked up. He looked messed up after the prior play and could barely stand straight.

Ander1345

He's always had coaching malpractice as his way to an early retirement then. Maybe he should take it.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
HYPRRRRR GOLDY BITCH under UGA, Oregon, and Bama and Baylor under them plus PSU and OU makes it clear that if you’re a power, you can play whoever and however you want and still be in contention. It seems to be even worse than whatever people thought with UCF. It’s not G5 vs. P5, it’s the 10-12 prestige teams that the committee jerks off to vs. everyone else. I mean, Minnesota has a similar strength of schedule to Bama and Oregon, is undefeated, and beat the committee’s #4. How does it make any sense?

And then there’s the weird boner for Utah, but whatever, I’ll take it

Brick

Isn't this the place where we argue about arbitrary college football rankings

At least until AEW comes on

Consider Brick pwned

Let the annals of Nutopian history show that he has now conceded his team is lesser and should be ranked lower
you ain't around enough anymore if you don't know i am rooting for oregon to fail. haha. still, florida sucks. they will be good in a couple years.

if you want some ol brick opinion, georgia at 3 is refucking diculous and baylor/minny being treated terribly. par for the course as far as this fucking dumb committee is every year.