• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 15 Thread - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

bruin

I don't know why nobody told you
How to unfold your love
I don't know how someone controlled you
They bought and sold you

Week 15. First week of December is here. Championship week. Surprise, Surprise Gameday is heading to Atlanta for the SEC title game. While the Pac-12 continues their amateur hour with the Championship game being on a FRIDAY. Don't they know it's the semis of the Women's Soccer Final 4? Ruiz-Joshua II airs live on DAZN starting at 8 AM PT from Saudi Arabia. Buckle up. Ah who cares, it's all over..Cheers.

Notable Matchups : (As of thread making time the AP Poll has not been updated at 10:52 AM PT)
#6 Utah vs #14 Oregon, 5:00 PT, ABC (Friday)
#9 Baylor vs #7 Oklahoma, 9:00 AM PT, ABC
#19 Cincinnati vs #18 Memphis, 12:30 PT, ABC
#4 Georgia vs #1 LSU, 1:00 PT, CBS
Virginia vs #3 Clemson, 4:30 PT, ABC
#1 Ohio State vs #12 Wisconsin, 5:00 PT, FOX

Rumble-770x524.jpg

51eab2a1f38e2.image.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

grinch_main-580x326.jpg

48586_h.jpg

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renegade

Charge on!
C/P from the UCF board...

Using the six BCS computer rankings, I have compiled the average rankings of all 10 FBS conferences and made some initial analyses.

Overall by average computer rankings:

1. XII - 42.3
2. SEC - 47.3
3. B1G - 47.8
4. PAC - 49.5
5. ACC - 58.0
6. AAC - 58.4
7. MWC - 72.9
8. SBC - 81.1
9. CUSA - 91.6
10. MAC - 96.4

As you can see, the American is a whisker behind the ACC for the overall average. The AAC actually ranked better than the ACC in 4 of the 6 BCS computers (Anderson & Hester, Colley, Massey, and Wolfe), but because the difference was large in the Sagarin (7.1 points) and Billingsley (3.9 points), compared to the other 4 (3.5 points - Wolfe, 2.7 points - Colley, 2.1 points - A&H, 0.4 points - Massey), the overall average skewed to the ACC.

You can also see just how big a gap there is between the AAC and the rest of the Non-A5. The AAC is closer to second than they are to seventh.

I also looked at the average ranking of the top 5 teams in each conference:

1. SEC - 9.2
2. B1G - 9.7
3. XII - 20.1
4. AAC - 21.0
5. PAC - 25.2
6. ACC - 31.9
7. MWC - 37.9
8. SBC - 53.8
9. CUSA - 58.3
10. MAC - 79.7

As you can see, the AAC is fourth overall in the rankings of the top 5 teams from each conference, and closer to third than to fifth. And yes, the MAC is really that bad. The top-ranked MAC team in the Billingsley rankings is 80th, and the top-ranked team in the Massey rankings is 81st. The best the MAC could do in any of the six computers was 51st.

I also looked at the average number of teams each conference had in the top 50.

1. SEC - 7.3
2. B1G - 6.7
3. XII - 5.7
4. PAC - 5.5
5. AAC - 4.8
6. ACC - 4.3
7. MWC - 3.2
8. SBC - 1.7
9. CUSA - 1.2
10. MAC - 0

Again, the AAC finished ahead of the ACC.

And the top 25

1. B1G - 6.0
2. SEC - 5.3
3. XII - 3.2
tie AAC - 3.2
5. PAC - 3
6. MWC - 1.3
7. ACC - 1
tie. SBC - 1
9. CUSA - 0
tie MAC - 0

Again, the AAC finished above the ACC and the PAC this time, too.

bruin

Reports from SKY NEWS:

Ruiz-Joshua will have their ring walks for their anticipated rematch at 12:45 Pacific TIME. Only on DAZN.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Reports from SKY NEWS:

Ruiz-Joshua will have their ring walks for their anticipated rematch at 12:45 Pacific TIME. Only on DAZN.

This is the reporting needed. I’m even ok converting to EASTERN time on my OWN DIME. Gracias hermano!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

Growing up with hundreds of Michigan fans (way more than tOSU, given proximity) I can 100% believe this is real, even though I'm thinking he's doing a bit.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Yearly reminder that a conference championship game for a league with round robin play is the dumbest thing ever. Thanks, Big 12!

I still don't understand why other major conferences allowed the Big XII to have a CCG. Why allow them to get extra money with fewer teams? When I heard the Big XII was going to ask for it, I thought there was no way it would pass. Perhaps someone smarter than I can explain why they allowed it?