• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 5 prestented by De Dump De Dump like stupid TWITTER babby

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Wolfpack #26 despite letting Muschamp put up 35 and almost shitting it away against a limp dick decimated FSU team. Loss to Cuse imminent

bruin

HAVe to wait again till 7:30 to watch UCLA attempt to play football.

Fuck my life

Lightningwar

Administrator
Fisher biggest beneficiary of Robo QB of all time?

This is the common theme on Warchant. But I don't really buy into it. Isn't every coach a beneficiary of their players? And vice versa? Saban doesnt win all those national championships because he lacks heisman quality running backs. Clemson doesn't win a national championship without Watson. Tejas doesnt win without their robo qb. Likewise does Winston go first overall if he goes to a different school? I doubt it. FSU is 2nd in wins since 2010 behind Bama. That indicates success is more than a single player.

That said this year is important on where his coaching legacy is going. And where the program is going. Changes need to be made in the staff. Two years in a row FSU is out of the national conversation by the end of Sept due to losing games they should not be losing. Bama was excusable. NCST at home? Ridiculous just like losing to UNC at home last year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If FSU's OL didn't get Francois killed, it would be a different story. That's the issue.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Vols gonna gun runt over by UGA. Those 3 backs they have will have over 300 yards, I guarantee. John Kelly is the only player worth watching on the Vols. Damn shame the poor guy has to be with such a shitty corch. He will do well in the NFL, though.

Brick

This is the common theme on Warchant. But I don't really buy into it. Isn't every coach a beneficiary of their players? And vice versa? Saban doesnt win all those national championships because he lacks heisman quality running backs. Clemson doesn't win a national championship without Watson. Tejas doesnt win without their robo qb. Likewise does Winston go first overall if he goes to a different school? I doubt it. FSU is 2nd in wins since 2010 behind Bama. That indicates success is more than a single player.
A lot of those Saban RBs have been huge NASHNUL flops. They've been successful because of the system, not vice-versa. I would put Fisher in the category of Mack Brown and Frank Beamer. RECRUITS CLICK, but no huge success unless you get a Robo QB (Winston, Young, Vick). Also he was OC at LSU when Jamarcus Russell was there and they were absolutely loaded at the skill positions with successful NFL players. He did little with that. Winston was a true ROBO QB like Cam Newton, Young, Vick. Mariota fits in there too.

So he's in that second tier of coaches behind Meyer (who won a national title with CARSALES and Leak). And Saban (insert random Bama bangs TWINK QB).

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
This is the week @bruin228 splooges all over hisselfs when Darnold and the injury-ridden Trojans finally fall.

USC plays @ Warshingtern State on a Friday night. Historically USC has struggled in odd-day games on the road, and playing in the hinterlands of the Palouse, against a tough WSU squad, seems to spell doom.

SC has looked like warm refuse in most of their first four games. They struggled with Western Meatchicken before realizing their atholetes were bigger, faster, and stronger than WMU'S atholetes, and what looked like a solid win against their bugaboo Stanford had some of the shine taken off when the Farm consequently lost to SDSU. They then damn near lost to Texas, and were really saved by a handful of miracle plays and a clutch kicker.

The California game was closer than it should have been, and it was only Cal self-destructing eating the special at the 9mm cafe that made the score comfortably in USC'S favor.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Goldy, bitch

kemjzsszcqeownarihha.gif

kewbocwibppdd9yu0jk5.gif

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Man, you gotta feel bad for him.

“We don’t know what happened yet, we just know she was murdered,” said Pacheco. “It’s been a hard year for me. My brother was stabbed to death last year. He was (in his 20s) and he was murdered by my other sister’s boyfriend. It's just been horrible.
"My grandmother passed right after my brother. I’ve just been trying to be there for my mom. It’s been hard for my mom and my family. I’m just trying to stay strong and keep working hard and make it to the next level. I know any time I have the opportunity to be on the field, they’ll be looking over me.”

Lightningwar

Administrator
A lot of those Saban RBs have been huge NASHNUL flops. They've been successful because of the system, not vice-versa. I would put Fisher in the category of Mack Brown and Frank Beamer. RECRUITS CLICK, but no huge success unless you get a Robo QB (Winston, Young, Vick). Also he was OC at LSU when Jamarcus Russell was there and they were absolutely loaded at the skill positions with successful NFL players. He did little with that. Winston was a true ROBO QB like Cam Newton, Young, Vick. Mariota fits in there too.

So he's in that second tier of coaches behind Meyer (who won a national title with CARSALES and Leak). And Saban (insert random Bama bangs TWINK QB).

Taking 3rd place to those two is no small feat. 126 other coaches would love to be there. In an ironic twist FSU RBs are tearing it up in the league. Cook, Freeman, and Thompson are killing it this year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This is the week @bruin228 splooges all over hisselfs when Darnold and the injury-ridden Trojans finally fall.

USC plays @ Warshingtern State on a Friday night. Historically USC has struggled in odd-day games on the road, and playing in the hinterlands of the Palouse, against a tough WSU squad, seems to spell doom.

SC has looked like warm refuse in most of their first four games. They struggled with Western Meatchicken before realizing their atholetes were bigger, faster, and stronger than WMU'S atholetes, and what looked like a solid win against their bugaboo Stanford had some of the shine taken off when the Farm consequently lost to SDSU. They then damn near lost to Texas, and were really saved by a handful of miracle plays and a clutch kicker.

The California game was closer than it should have been, and it was only Cal self-destructing eating the special at the 9mm cafe that made the score comfortably in USC'S favor.

This Wazzu team is pretty good, @PSUEagle and I were saying they're probably Leach's best Wazzu team yet, but I won't trust them to beat a SC/UDub type team yet. They have a basically entirely new receiving corps that had a lot of trouble getting open in the first two games. Maybe they just needed some time to gell, maybe Oregon State and Nevada just suck ass (definitely to the second one). Their defense does look nasty. I feel like Grinch had a lot more to do with Mizzou's defense than thought, because Wazzu has looked way better under him and Mizzou has sucked ass. They lost their best player after Oregon State, though; if he were around, I'd feel a lot better about an upset.

bruin

Sucks the game is on a Friday, tbh.

Gameday has never been in the Palouse. Would have been cool..

Brick

To me, this game is too early in the season for Wazzu, to me. The offense does not look good right now to their standards. The run game has been especially awful. They're not clicking in a way that these upsets usually seem to happen, with the underdog breaking out to a quick 2-3 score lead at home and trying to hold USC types off. I just don't see it this week. I really hope they win though.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The run game was okay last week, it just looks bad because THRILLSINKI went full retard and threw a ball 30 yards behind him on his first series.

Yeah, Wazzu always starts slow, so I don't see that happening. They did go toe to toe with Furd a few years ago, though.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Brasky should be aight this weekend so long as they lean on the running game and defense against Illinois. Defense has been looking solid the last two games even though it's against weapons-grade garabge offeneses so I'm confident they can keep Illinois in check. So long as Tanner Lee doesn't turn the ball over multiple times I like our odds. Ozigbo and Wilbon split 35-45 carries and Lee throws 15-20 times max, should be the formula. Win this one and a night game against Wisconsin the following week with a couple extra days rest could make for an interesting one.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
To me, this game is too early in the season for Wazzu, to me. The offense does not look good right now to their standards. The run game has been especially awful. They're not clicking in a way that these upsets usually seem to happen, with the underdog breaking out to a quick 2-3 score lead at home and trying to hold USC types off. I just don't see it this week. I really hope they win though.

Your reverse jinx will not work! SC will lose, and lose big!

Really though - SC is missing their top running back in Jones, and while his backups, Carr and Ware, have been solid (and I think Carr is going to be very, very good), none of them have the kind of home-run speed that Jones does. Jones is just that guy that scares defenses because he's capable of scoring on every touch.

Without him, the SC offense has been forced to be methodical, and seeing Darnold struggle with his progressions when his first option isn't open is very obvious and painful. His mobility has been a saving grace, for sure, but the O-line has been underwhelming, and mistake prone. Outside of Dontae Burnett, they don't have a truly solid receiver.

Defensively, SC has been banged up, and have proven susceptible to giving up long 3rd downs. Against a pass-happy team, that spells trouble.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Lol soon as that pass was fluttered someone near the camera yelled what the fuck?!? Which is exactly what I was thinking