• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 6 Thread - You Can't Always Get What You Want.

bruin

October 1st is tomorrow. Conference play in full swing. Females roaming Starbucks' near you in their UGG's. And the weather cooling down *hopefully* enough to make the first batch of chill beans of the season. Gameday is heading to Dallas for the Red River Shootout (#20 Texas vs #5 Oklahoma).

Notable slate of games.

#6 LSU at Florida - 12:30 PT, CBS
San Diego State at #23 Boise State - 12:30 PT, ESPNU
Florida State at #17 Miami - 12:30 PT, ABC
#7 Notre Dame at #23 Virginia Tech - 5:00 PT, ABC
Utah at #14 Stanford - 7:30 PT, ESPN

Cheers, bros.

a6kA2Wb-6Lz6WHE371Nj1TmR3I1164NdSupEMCEfiRI.jpg

GRRGUQKDMLRAYGY.20141006164703.jpg

gif-king-68adc3ff3aab9ef089f39cc7ca781269.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Maryland donors, on the record, about DJ Durkin:

"He's the right guy," said John LaPides, the CEO and founder of an Annapolis-based investment firm and Champions Club member. "He represents the university well and brings the right kind of culture."

"As much as we hate to say this, Jordan didn't do what Jordan was supposed to do," Jaklitsch said. "A trainer like Wes Robinson thinks a kid's properly hydrated and runs a drill set up for kids that are properly hydrated, and when the kid didn't drink the gallon he knew he had to drink, that's going to send the wrong signal to the person running the drill."

http://www.dbknews.com/2018/10/01/m...andal-investigation-abuse-espn-jordan-mcnair/

WHAT THE FUCK

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

Soonerfan09

Your thoughts on the RRR game?
Always hard to tell with OU-Texas. I haven't got to see Texas [lose] as much as I would like this season, but I've watched them a couple times. Their defense is good and seems to get better every week. OU will definitely have a hard time running the football, at least in the traditional sense. OU was missing a guard last week (Ford) and it definitely slowed down the run game...not sure when he's supposed to come back. The goal line stand that Army had shows that the line isn't quite what it was last season. The loss of Anderson is huge as well. His ability to catch the ball out of the backfield covered up a lot of deficiencies. OU's receivers are awfully good though, so as long as they don't commit turnovers, I do expect OU to move the ball and put up enough points to win.

I haven't been extremely impressed by Texas' ability to run the ball, but their passing attack has improved and Ehlinger will make plays with his feet. No one knows which OU defense will show up. I could see them holding Texas under 20, or giving up over 40. If Texas can limit turnovers, control the clock, and completely remove OU's run game, they'll have more than a chance. If OU gets a run game established and takes away Texas' ability to run, it could be a blowout. Special teams and turnovers, like always, could have a huge impact on the game.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Always hard to tell with OU-Texas. I haven't got to see Texas [lose] as much as I would like this season, but I've watched them a couple times. Their defense is good and seems to get better every week. OU will definitely have a hard time running the football, at least in the traditional sense. OU was missing a guard last week (Ford) and it definitely slowed down the run game...not sure when he's supposed to come back. The goal line stand that Army had shows that the line isn't quite what it was last season. The loss of Anderson is huge as well. His ability to catch the ball out of the backfield covered up a lot of deficiencies. OU's receivers are awfully good though, so as long as they don't commit turnovers, I do expect OU to move the ball and put up enough points to win.

I haven't been extremely impressed by Texas' ability to run the ball, but their passing attack has improved and Ehlinger will make plays with his feet. No one knows which OU defense will show up. I could see them holding Texas under 20, or giving up over 40. If Texas can limit turnovers, control the clock, and completely remove OU's run game, they'll have more than a chance. If OU gets a run game established and takes away Texas' ability to run, it could be a blowout. Special teams and turnovers, like always, could have a huge impact on the game.
Nice man. This is pretty much exactly what I’ve thought.

Are you going to the game?

Soonerfan09

Nice man. This is pretty much exactly what I’ve thought.

Are you going to the game?
No, we have a game that morning at 9. I've actually never been to OU-Texas and rarely go to OU games anyway. I'd much rather stay home and watch it on TV. Those people are mongoloids.

coogrfan

NC State, ECU schedule Dec. 1 football matchup

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - N.C. State and East Carolina have signed on to play Dec. 1 at noon in Raleigh after both teams were forced to cancel games due to Hurricane Florence, both schools announced Tuesday.

East Carolina had to cancel their matchup with Virginia Tech while the Wolfpack's home game against West Virginia was scrapped.

"This replacement game makes sense for both schools," said Director of Athletics Debbie Yow. "NC State lost a home game and ECU lost a road game due to Hurricane Florence. We're pleased to be able to secure this twelfth game for both our fans and our team."

The game allows both programs to have a twelfth game for the season. The game will be played unless NC State or ECU qualify for their respective conference championship games.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NORMA had a pretty major let-down game today. First she thought she caught a squirrel, but it was actually only the back half of a squirrel that a cat must have killed earlier. She spit it out in disgust when it didn't even respond to her violent shaking. She brought it over to me just in case I still wanted to inspect Yankee's corpse, but I dismissed it.

Then later on the walk she learned the most classic of Utopia lessons. She leaped into a brush pile after Rabbit #1 and was surprised with Rabbits #1-5 bolted out of the brush-pile in all different directions. She attempted to chase them all at once, which resulted in her spinning in a circle and ending up with Rabbit #0.

NORMA is regularly disappointed by the fact that I don't shoot all these animals she finds like a proper redneck, but in this case she was extra incredulous as two of the rabbits ran within 5 feet of me. Once she stopped spinning in circles, Norma gave me this look

u3lVlme.jpg

So anyway, it was a rough game. At least Yankee still died, albeit not at NORMA's jaws.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Mr. Buffer, the honors, general.

Nutopians! At long last: the Game of the Year is finally here:
Team Travis vs. The Center of the Universe!
Colorado State vs. San Jose State!

The Toilet Bowl To End All Toilet Bowls.
Presented by Nutopia.

Place. Your. Bets.
#thankstravis.