• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Which version is the best for PS3?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I had the most fun with 13. Probably because I was in an online league with guys from my FOF league so it gave me something to do.

fanoftgame

14 is the best on ps3. 13 has issue where you cant bumo left reciever. It basically made everyone have to play two high defense last year. Not sure that will matter against cpu. Also route mirror was still an issue especially st8 out the box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

tgcmarshall

Dropped Interception
Right now on NCAA 14 we're in week 5, 2019 and I can't even advance my online dynasty using the console anymore. I have to do it via the website. It also doesn't count about half of the games each week. In week 4 Idaho was #1 followed by BYU and San Diego State, all of whom had a 0-0 record. I dropped from #2 to start the season and now I'm somewhere around #40. So are the other users that started in the top 10 in the dynasty and none of us have lost yet. 14 is a complete joke when it comes to dynasty mode.

The gameplay is solid but inconsistent. The running flow and animations are improved on 14, defense is awful, but it's not worth the headache of wondering if the mechanics of dynasty will actually work.

tgcmarshall

Dropped Interception
Florida was scheduled to play me but on my schedule I played Utah. On the console it shows up as:

Nodak vs. Utah
______ vs. Florida

Plus, the other 3 SEC games didn't even get played. It's week 5 and South Caroliina has yet to play a game.

The scheduling logic is so broken. But this game doesn't surprise me anymore. It is colossally awful.
NCAA14week1.png

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Florida was scheduled to play me but on my schedule I played Utah. On the console it shows up as:

Nodak vs. Utah
______ vs. Florida

Plus, the other 3 SEC games didn't even get played. It's week 5 and South Caroliina has yet to play a game.

The scheduling logic is so broken. But this game doesn't surprise me anymore. It is colossally awful.
NCAA14week1.png

Fortunately I haven't seen that in any of my long-running ODs (we are in 2020 in the MAC). If you or any of your OD buddies are looking for another league let me know. Always looking for couple new guys.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Bumping this because yesterday into today were two days I looked forward to for a good while....NCAA foobaw release day.

Now it's just another run of the mill normal day. Meh.

I still play '12 because of the cross gaming with Madden. :turrible: I know

Wooly

A few questions about the game, since I have not really played the PS3 version of the game.

1) Can you still use an online dynasty using an older version of the game, like 2013? I want to recruit and stuff from the website, and not have to do it all on a console, and I was wondering if they support older game versions (2013 specifically).

2) Also, does TB work with older versions of the game, or even teams created for older versions?

3) And lastly, are there any glitches I should know about with OD or TB, things to avoid? I have read a few horror stories about dynasties being ruined by glitches. Can you make copies of your dynasty at different junctures and revert back to them?

Last edited:

Bruce Wayne

I just finished my first season of user vs. CPU dynasty on '14 and I had a blast. I am still tweaking the sliders, but I had a 13-10 win over Purdue, a 28-17 win over Pitt in the snow that was a blast, a 17-10 win over MSU, a 34-28 win over BYU, and a 38-35 win over USC.

I went undefeated, but got smoked in the MNC by Ohio State 49-14.

i have no idea what I am doing as far as recruiting. I got some recruits during the season and thought I was lined up to get a bunch in the off season as I had a huge lead in points on almost all of them. However, I only got four??? It was a pretty lean class, but I picked up recruits for all of the positions I needed.

after the season, I used the conference realignment feature to update the conference changes as best I could for 2014.

Overall, I had a blast. Is it reel football...no, but I had fun.

Bruce Wayne

I beat Navy 34-27 in OT last night. I did a good job stopping the option, but they were 10-14 on 3rd down and the QB went 17-20 passing, with a bunch of big 3rd down completions. It was a lot of fun.

Wolfman21

Anybody have a copy of NCAA 14 on PS3 that they're willing to get rid of? If so, shoot me a PM with the price you would like to get back.

Wolfman21

Still like to have this game if anyone has it and wants to get rid of it. Went by gam es top and found a used copy. They want $45 for it!

Wolfman21

Signed on to ps3 for first time in prolly a year to check price for this. Have already had to download two updates and haven't eben made it to the store yet

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Good to hear. I'm still hoping they bring NCAA 14 over to the Xbone with the backwards compatibility list.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Bought the game at Game Stop for $20, and the early reviews are pretty good on my end. Started an ODU dynasty with coach mode sliders. Scheduled 4 patties in the non con... Including instate rival Virginia. Beat that ass 24-6. Can't wait to run a train in the MACtion.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Can't believe I'm in here asking this...but does '14 still hold up well? I've gotten my yearly football itch and 2k8 isn't cutting it. Kinda wanna recruit too, so am looking for a college game. Haven't played a NCAA game since '11. Some gameplay videos I watched actually make NCAA look playable, I guess because of the physicz. Running looks fun, a lot like the 2k series was. Need someone to talk me off the edge or push me.

Wolfman21

It still holds up. Same issues that plague madden but if you wanna play some games and recruit, its worth it. Its the sole reason i havent traded my ps3 in on amazon

Soonerfan09

I think offensive playbooks are what keeps me playing (mildly) '14. They are pretty deep as far as spread offenses go, plus you can create your own playbooks.
Recruiting kinda sucks, but there are some things you can do to make it better (I never scout anyone more than 50%). There are some pretty good sliders out there and there are even some 360/PS3 mods that allow you to set up a 4-team playoff (maybe more by now).
I would honesty go to OS and peruse their NCAA section. Still a lot of activity over there and some pretty decent threads.

Wolfman21

Option and run game overall is extremely overpowered. Also, the cpu qbs are always on target. Xpu qbs complete like 80% of their throws against me no matter what defense i play.

Even still, i have fun playing

Soonerfan09

Option and run game overall is extremely overpowered. Also, the cpu qbs are always on target. Xpu qbs complete like 80% of their throws against me no matter what defense i play.

Even still, i have fun playing
QBA at 5 for user and CPU fixes this problem. Also, there are some sliders that definitely bring the option and run game back down to earth.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I would only play against the CPU, so I hope house rules and sliders will help the experience.

I am surprised at how many people are viewing the NCAA forums over at OS. It's like 75% of the amount that is in Madden forums.

ZackMills

Have mercy
It is $20 on PSN now, which is cheaper than used copies I'm seeing. I was hoping there was a domo, but it isn't up there anymore.

NML

Can always join me on PS2 emulator. 04, 06, 07 are probably best from a pure gameplay perspective

worst2first

I've thought about picking up a used PS3 and a copy of 14 to scratch that itch. It's a damn shame the football game market is such a barren wasteland.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Can always join me on PS2 emulator. 04, 06, 07 are probably best from a pure gameplay perspective

2004 was my favorite...but those games are hard on my eyes, lol.

I've thought about picking up a used PS3 and a copy of 14 to scratch that itch. It's a damn shame the football game market is such a barren wasteland.

I poked around the 'other football games' section of OS and there really isn't anything of merit in development either. That Axis Football game is also...hard on the eyes. 2k really dropped the ball not making 2k8 completely customizable.