• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WingedHelmet's Valencia CF Career (FIFA '14)

WingedHelmet

2013 Season Preview
Despite the loss of star ST Roberto Soldado and the loaning of eight contributors from a season ago, excitement is high in Valencia. The team emerged from a three-game preseason slate virtually unscathed; CM Parejo is the only player remaining on the injury list as Los Che begin the season.

The team may not have the muscle to compete with the top sides in La Liga, but find themselves in the next tier competing for a place in Europe. In-form GK Diego Alves anchors a strong back four who, along with captain Víctor Ruíz, hope to keep opposing strikers off the score sheet. In midfield, CDM Javi Fuego turns the screws from his holding midfield role, ideally getting the ball to the returning Parejo and in-form Sofiane Feghouli.

But where will the goals come from? Valencia scored just one goal during the pre-season, a crushing free kick by Jonas. Eduardo Vargas found his name devoid entirely from the scoresheet, his poor form a worrying subplot as the team opens the season.​

WingedHelmet

(1-0-1) Valencia CF 1 - 4 FC Barcelona (1-1-0)
Didn't even bother to capture the video. Valencia hung tough for the first 42 minutes of the game, but a Lionel Messi goal, on which he out leaped the 6'2" Jérémy Mathieu to head the ball in proved to be the undoing for Los Che. Messi added a second goal five minutes into the second half before Valencia got one back to cut the lead to one. Their excitement was short-lived however, as Barcelona took the ensuing kickoff down the field and scored to make it 3-1 and effectively end the game. They would add a fourth two minutes from time.

The loss of Jonas has proven a difficult one; chances are being created but not finished. Already Valencia have dropped down the table.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Watched Valencia v Malaga video. Gameplay and graphics look pretty solid (though I don't love 3 out of 5 goals being of the header variety). I think I should stay out of this thread. Thus far, my resistance to buying a PS4 and FIFA has held strong. This tempts me......

WingedHelmet

(2-0-1) Real Betis 0 - 1 Valencia CF (1-0-2)

I couldn't get the first half to upload for whatever reason...

The goal is a perfect example of how much better the PS4 version is than the PS3 version. It's not a particular well-played sequence, but Araújo is able to receive the ball and turn to face goal all in one motion; the ball would have pointlessly rolled by on the PS3 version.​

WingedHelmet

(20th) Granada CF 3 - 4 Valencia CF (7th)

Ricardo Costa got his second run-out of the season and repaid his coach's confidence by opening the scoring. After scoring three goals the previous four games, Valencia scored four in this one, albeit against La Liga's last place side.

Jonas can't get healthy soon enough.​

Last edited:

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Beating Barca when Barca is the computer is damn near impossible. The passes are so perfect and calculated. They play better than they do IRL.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The computer sure does love early crosses

WingedHelmet

(4th) Valencia CF vs. Real Sociedad (8th)

The return of Jonas (who got on the scoresheet). A move to third in the table (although Athletico Madrid are lurking).

But trouble on the horizon?