• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup - Quarterfinals

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Friday, July 4

Germany v France
Brazil v Colombia

Saturday, July 5

Argentina v Belgium
Netherlands v Costa Rica

Who's headed to the semis?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Sticking with my original picks, I guess.

Brazil
Germany
Argentina
Spain Netherlands

Brazil
Argentina

Brazil

In terms of what I would like to happen,
France
Brazil
Belgium
Don't care

France
Belgium

Don't care.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Brazil would riot. They hate Argentina. Especially if di maria hit the dagger

Renegade

Charge on!
Friday, July 4

Germany v France
Brazil
v Colombia

Saturday, July 5

Argentina v Belgium
Netherlands v Costa Rica

Who's headed to the semis?

I'm hesitant to pick Brazil, but maybe the close call against Chile makes them pull their heads out of their asses. Or else Fred will just flop more. Who knows.

I want Dutch vs France for the finals.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I'm sort of rooting for France I guess.

My typical rooting interest is 1. USA, 2. France, 3. Belgium....in part because France is actually in more tournaments than Belgium. But this year, I just really like the Belgian roster. So if I had to pick, I'd probably lean towards them over France.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's in Mishawaka. Close enough though.

I know. I just call the whole area South Bend. Drives Mrs. Goblue nuts because she's from Mishawaka. Got our wedding cake from some small local bakery in Little Belgium. Damn good cake.

Snorky's Shame

Rooting for the Netherlands only because they've never won it.

Probably will be Brazil or Argentina lifting the trophy at the Maracana though.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think Costa Rica could give them a good game. Ron Vlaar vs Joel Campbell isn't a fair fight. I'd expect Costa Rica to score at least 1.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I need argentinia winning it all and Netherlands third. I think that will win me a champagne room or two.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Campbell may have to deal with de Vrij/Martins Indi wno could handle his pace well. Plus no Duarte for CRC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This is a pretty good lineup for football purists, with Costa Rica being the exception. I hope France win, but anyone could win. It's hard to see how Brazil can get past Colombia without some help from the referee. I think Belgium beat Argentina. They are just waking up after a slow start, and look better to me.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That 30 for 30 on the Argentina guys quitting soccer to fight in the Falkland conflict is depressing

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll say it up until Belgium win the title but they still don't impress me. They were a Jozy Altidore hamstring away from being eliminated from the Round of 16, super goal keepers aside. That said, Romero is about 1/8 as talented as Howard so Belgium should win 5-1 as long as they triple team Messi

gilstein21

I don't see Argentina's defense holding Belgium, and Belgium just needs to sell out on defending Messi. I'm all in on the Columbia-Cosa Rica final too.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
10469676_10152160513376976_7727888558320783659_n.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll say it up until Belgium win the title but they still don't impress me. They were a Jozy Altidore hamstring away from being eliminated from the Round of 16, super goal keepers aside. That said, Romero is about 1/8 as talented as Howard so Belgium should win 5-1 as long as they triple team Messi
Belgium locks!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Clinical finish right on cue

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations