1. We need a small amount of ur money to help keep the site running. Check out the Donations tab at the top to contribute.

Yankee's Custom Conferences NCAA14 Journey

Discussion in 'Offline Dynasties' started by Yankee151, Jul 12, 2017.

1. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    UCLA
    http://forums.operationsports.com/f...643122-jarodd21s-ncaa-14-heisman-sliders.html

Schauwn likes this.
  2. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee dawg_gone parrothead

Team:
    Mules
    Affirmative

3. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Updated up to Week 10. Finally think I have my sliders right. Using the ones bruin lanked but on AA instead because I'm bad.

Everyone is losing. Alabama has a free ride to the title game, so I will definitely be changing up the conferences to reflect that next year. Either going to swap GA + SC with LA or something like that.

I will keep a running track of which team wins their 'State Title' each year, or at least roughly. OH and FL don't all play each other every year but every other state does, so should be interesting.

Schauwn likes this.
  4. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    Kind of an annoying extra time investment, but after I kept seeing a million upsets a year, I followed this one guy's advice of resimming any game where ranked teams lost to unranked teams. I use my discretion - some games I won't resim because it'll be like #16 lost on the road to a 6-3 team by 3, which is realistic enough for me, and some years I don't really see the need to do it at all - but it's a good way to deal with the game trying to go full 2007 80% of the time.

Definitely good to use when you start contending, because I hate making title games with 2-3 losses or running the table and playing some 3 loss American team or something.

5. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    For now the novelty of seeing these former mid majors uproot their in-state competitors is nice enough, but eventually I will look into that. In Vandy's case, for example, they're now 6-1 with two high quality wins. Makes you wonder if the only thing holding them back in game was the SEC, or if it's just all flukes (TBF, they beat So Car and vILL, not exactly world beaters)

I think this version being weird like that was part of the motivation to just blow it all up and see what happens. Think the last 5 dynasty seasons I've played, the champions were Alabama, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, UCLA, and Ohio State. :thinking:

Rutgers Mike likes this.
  6. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    [​IMG]

Rutgers Mike and Yankee151 like this.
  7. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    Triple option teams always tear it up in my dynasties. I guarantee one of the service academies (almost certainly Navy) will go apeshit in yours. I always get some weird ones, too. Vandy usually does really well in mine too, but never above the 10-11 win mark. I had Syracuse become essentially the Buffalo Bills in my last one; I beat them with CU in the title game, left to go to UCLA, and beat them a few years later. I think they finally won one when I left UCLA lol. I've never seen Michigan do anything of note, which is fine with me. Georgia turned into a powerhouse under Fuente in my last one.

8. Soonerfan09

Soonerfan09 Well-Known Member

I guess in your simulation they finally brought our boys home.

9. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Yeah Navy and Cuse are both doing good. Think Navy's lone loss is to Maryland and Cuse leads their division. GT got stomped out in their division though, like 2-6 or something without playing UGA or Clemson yet

10. goblue96

goblue96 Disney and Curling Expert

Team:
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

Yankee151 and bruin228 like this.
  11. Schauwn

Schauwn Well-Known Member

Alright, I got my custom conferences set up. I'm going to try and stick with a relegation style system for once. It's currently setup like this:

The top-tier conferences are Pac10, ACC, SEC, Big10, MAC. The lower tiers will be, MWC, American, SunBelt,C-USA. The way I set this up is that the Independents will have 1 team from each "region" and 2 from the MAC/C-USA region. I didn't think too much about rivalries because the CPU does a decent job of scheduling at least one rival. We'll see on that though...

I haven't decided if I want the automatic bowl bids to have the top tier teams play each other, or if I want the top tier to play the lower tier of the same region, so Pac10 vs MWC, ACC vs American, etc. I'm leaning towards the latter, but I haven't decided for sure. I also have settled on how exactly I'm going to promote/demote. Once I have that settled, and which team I'm going to play with, I'll start my own thread and give the teams in each conference. Should be going live tonight.

bruin228 and Yankee151 like this.
  12. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    One feature I like, even if it's likely shoddy AI because EA, is the "Championship Contenders" page under the ESPN tab. Not that interesting this year, but in a couple years it'll be interesting to see who has been making progress and who has been in absolute freefall.

Schauwn and bruin228 like this.
  13. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    It sucks that they rate the future years by projected rating and then rank the current year by ranking, though. I'd like to see who's over and underperforming throughout the year. I can see the rankings any time by just looking at the top 25.

14. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Yeah it would have made more sense if they kept the preseason 120 (or w/e it is now) rankings somewhere, but alas.