• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No, but if you delete the logos and don't change the names it will keep remaking default ones with those names that trip it up.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Will Tankee ever not tank?

I know we basically forced him to quit tanking in the UBL by creating some anti-tanking rules that didn't make much sense, but now that no one really cares, will he ever get tired of playing guys out of position and trading talent for good intangibles?

Also I'm convinced if we ever put in a draft lottery Tankee would be the Cavs and just magically pull 1-1s constantly.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Next year, and no one is playing out of position, they are all amazing fielders

I almost got banned for pitching hitters and hitting pitchers, which i havent and wont do since

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
@doh Dublin has always been super random and streaky. It's because of the bandbox I guess.
It's strange... your team has fascinated me because I'm a big run difference makes teams get closer to their true record person and your ridiculous start I thought would mean a regression to the mean. But then you actually had a RD that supports your record and your team goes two games under over the course of a long stretch.

This sounds sabermetrics ghey but I've noticed this year some statistical bizarre things things in the league that haven't happened before and don't make sense with the numbers. I'd like to see average with RISP for teams/pitchers (is that anywhere?) because it'd make things make more sense in some cases.

For instance: my team is 1st in opp avg, OBP and 2nd in opponents OPS with the #1 defense and I'm 4th in runs against (with 5th place Orlando giving up just one run more. Unless my team has a ridiculously high RISP average against that makes no sense.

doh

I wish batter babip, siera, and wrc+ were in the game too
Me too. You can calculate batter babip in your head by glancing at least or if you wanted too with a calculator in like 10 seconds. Other two are impossible to calculate.

Also my MR Franchi on my team has a FIP of 4.52 and a BABIP of .269 yet an ERA of 5.45 which is almost statistically impossible. Just looked it up and with RISP his OPS against goes up 300 pts from his OPS with the bases empty. LAWD.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Am upstairs, I broke the game for a second but I hacked it into working right

Gooksta

Will Tankee ever not tank?

I know we basically forced him to quit tanking in the UBL by creating some anti-tanking rules that didn't make much sense, but now that no one really cares, will he ever get tired of playing guys out of position and trading talent for good intangibles?

Also I'm convinced if we ever put in a draft lottery Tankee would be the Cavs and just magically pull 1-1s constantly.
i hope tankee tanks forever

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just have confidence in all five of my starters. I wouldnt want to demote anyone or send any to the 'pen. All of them should only pitch better the second half of the season based on their track records.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
1-5 week (lost 3 of 4 to BA? Gah) and Abdel Sa'id gets hurt on the last day of his goddamn rehab stint. Fuck me.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
7. Berlin (LR: 7, 44-36, -12)

Rumors of a @rutgersmike Goebbels Reichstag Fire takeover are spreading throughout Berlin.

giphy.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Mercier bout to pass that 300 HR milestone. Should become the all time leader in a year or two

doh

That's just Doh, he isn't really mad about it
Yeah I wasn't crying I just think it's ridiculous.

I understand we aren't trying to be real life and everything can't be just like reel life. I just think we should try to avoid things that have zero chance of happening in real life.