• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Weis and Willingham are probably still on Irish payroll.

Not really, but fffffuuuuuu about those contracts.

Notre Dame is still paying Weis $2.1M/year, that ends after the 2015 season. Kansas will be paying him $2.5M/year, ending after the 2016 season. So Charlie Weis is getting $4.6M per year to not coach. That would be the 6th highest head coach salary in CFB, just a few dollars ahead of Urban Meyer. How fucked up is that?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
CrewcutCharlieWeis.jpg

Renegade

Charge on!
Chad Morris should have waited and gone to Houston.

It's a better immediate situation, but there's no reason he can't win at SMU. And no doubt at SMU he got a big raise. UH wouldn't have been a whole lot more money I don't think ($1.5m or so).

Iron

Herman hire is fantastic. The guy just knows how to run an offense. Everywhere he has went, he's been successful. Texas St., Rice, Iowa St., Ohio St.

coogrfan

We're hearing that Herman hopes to retain DC David Gibbs. Also, Major Applewhite's name has been mentioned as a possible member of the staff.

goblue96

What does an FCS coaching gig pay, like $150K?

Gonna put a dent in his Depends budget.

As long as University President Jim Tressel gives Pelini his contacts at the local Youngstown car dealerships, Pelini and his cat will be just fine and well compensated.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I would say ALL of them, except for Oregon State's and Montana's.

I'm always curious if there's a way to kind of predict who can be a good head coach and who is a career coordinator. It takes a fairly long time to get a good read on a coach(particularly if they're in charge of a rebuild or put the team on a slow and steady decline).

I'm wary of coaches who coordinate for an extended amount of time, but it might just be me.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Sounds like Stitt to Montana is still not official unless I missed something this afternoon...wonder if he's slow playing them for the CSU job.

I thought for sure Colorado State would take a run at him, maybe they tried but it was too late.

goblue96

Competing for the I-AA title > Playing in the Who Gives a Fuck Bowl presented by Dr. Pepper on 12/27