• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Ezeli's second year is a team option too, that is a very good contract for the T-Blazers.

Allen Crabbe got a 4/$75 million offer from the Nets, might be best to let him walk at that price.

Off-season still going to be seen as a wet-fart until Evan Turner gets on the court and proves his worth. Think I would have preferred they hand that money out to Leonard, Harkless and Crabbe.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
:laughing: Royce Young is just teeing off with everything he's always wanted to report I guess. He came out with Durant saying in 2011 that RUSS was the worst teammate he's ever had and almost sat out and demanded one be traded or some shit.

Drive that value down Royce, let Westy get to a team with a good base.

Source was this podcast, I have no idea where it is because I couldn't get past 2 min http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=16843374

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Ezeli's knee must be shredded for him to just get 7 + 7 TO from Rip City. That or Portland just pulled off a crazy good deal in the current market.
Festivus Ezeli is a piece of shit so any deal above the minimum deserves the airing of grievances

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Lol there's an article on ESPN up with Durants dad basically saying every decision has been made for him by his parents and he's so proud at 27 he finally made a "man decision".

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ewing Theory finally made an appearance in an article, was wondering why Bill hasn't talked about it since he loves it so much. Could see it, since RUSS won't have to defer anymore. Can't really see it without them adding a shooter that can play both ends somehow.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Ewing theory is some hack shit. I thought I might've had some legitimacy but sometimes, you just can't explain shit. Especially when the differences are marginal, yet you try to make it a direct correlation to define a teams success when their star player goes down

CJ_24

Ewing Theory finally made an appearance in an article, was wondering why Bill hasn't talked about it since he loves it so much. Could see it, since RUSS won't have to defer anymore. Can't really see it without them adding a shooter that can play both ends somehow.

Probably hasn't said anything because he's too busy not writing articles.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ewing theory is some hack shit. I thought I might've had some legitimacy but sometimes, you just can't explain shit. Especially when the differences are marginal, yet you try to make it a direct correlation to define a teams success when their star player goes down

It's a fun conversation about sports, it isn't trying to be fact. You never just shoot the shit about dumb sports related ideas? That's all we did in college. You can't prove any of it but that's not the point of doing it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The reason it could work here is two-fold.

1) You have two conflicting styles, either one losing the other elevates each of their games in theory. I think RUSS more so than Durant since RUSS won't have to be restrained anymore knowing Durant needs the ball. He's not trying to get any one guy 25+ shots anymore. If they're open he'll hit them, otherwise he can get those 0 pass possessions going. If RUSS left and let's say Payne took his spot, I'm not sure the difference is so dramatic since Durant is an iso wing player. Maybe he breaks that mold and becomes more of a playmaker in the reverse scenario. Either way the Thudner can actually just build towards RUSS at this point and Donnovan can gameplan for one style. If he figures out a formula they could over achieve expectations next year.

2) It works so well for this because everyone is writing them off now, WestGOAT definitely gone and will be traded before or early in the season. They can probably win 40-44 but that's their ceiling to most. With a worse team without Durant out for his foot RUSS had them on pace for 46 wins I think, so it's in the realm of possibility that it happens.

It's mostly based on RUSS being immortal, which he is.

CJ_24

Of course now defenses will be concentrating solely on RUSS instead of having to divvy up between RUSS and kd. The only way it works is if the other players make enough plays to force the d to play straight up. RUSS is great, but you can't deny that he as able to maneuver more freely with kd on the floor than he will be now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Of course now defenses will be concentrating solely on RUSS instead of having to divvy up between RUSS and kd. The only way it works is if the other players make enough plays to force the d to play straight up. RUSS is great, but you can't deny that he as able to maneuver more freely with kd on the floor than he will be now.

It's mostly based on RUSS being immortal, which he is.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But really if you watched those games he could do whatever he wanted without shooters. He ran off ridiculous triple doubles with a lesser team, everyone was hurt for most of the year. Ibaka/Adams were out a lot IIRC. So he was playing with the bench for a lot of that crazy run he had. If they stay healthy he will have a considerably better supporting cast than he did in 2014-2015.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

You are fucking delusional

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Right, I'm not saying they knock off the Warriors and beat Lebron. I said they have a chance to exceed the expectations of them being thrown around which has been pretty much "they're finished".

Maybe Billy D can't figure out a system with a headstrong PG, who knows. They do have a clearly defined vision now which they didn't have before.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
God, the recency bias with Adams. Do we know he is as good as everyone is making him?

Would someone not as good as everyone was making them have this?

061616%20steven%20adams.vadapt.664.high.30.jpg

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Dont blame Donovan

Russ just runs around ball hogging without setting plays

Hero ball lost the Dubs series, never forget

Is that what headstrong means?

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Well we know he's as big and strong and tough and energetic as everyone is making him. How much of his game is right there?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Dont blame Donovan

Russ just runs around ball hogging without setting plays

Hero ball lost the Dubs series, never forget

Is that what headstrong means?

Yeah, except he assisted on 47%+ of Thudner field goals while on the floor which was second in the league. So ball hoggin isn't quite the best term to describe him. He does restrict fluidity quite a bit, but he isn't afraid to pass.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Then yeah he's a hog. But unless he really goes into Big O mode, we probably don't have to worry about that unless Presti makes a bigger move.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nobody is hyping Adams, where are you getting that? He's a great energetic strongman, nobody is thinking he turned into Hakeem :laughing:

He just needs to catch oops and play defense/rebound.

zoltan

Steven Adams is a lowkey beast.

Hero ball lost the thunder the series vs. Gsw but won the cavs the series vs. Gsw.

Kyrie and Lebron better isolation players than Russ and KD confirmed.