• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2088 Offseason Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
For those that (mistakenly) don't follow the Tijuana thread, here are our brand new minor league affiliates. Karl has kindly offered to transfer them over at the weekend.

AAA - Mexico City Mexicans -
AA - Chihuahua City Chihuahuas -
A - Hermosillo Hermanos -

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@Karl Hungus there don't appear to be future draft classes in the sim. They should be generated years in advance starting in 2021 with the new scouting system. Not sure if I'm missing something here, but I've played a few offline sims in 2021.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@Karl Hungus there don't appear to be future draft classes in the sim. They should be generated years in advance starting in 2021 with the new scouting system. Not sure if I'm missing something here, but I've played a few offline sims in 2021.

I don't know anything about that. Maybe when we get our fist draft class? Let me go peer into the future.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah, the big upgrade to scouting is that they publish draft classes in advance and we can scout in advance, replacing much of the functionality of the Feeder Leagues. There's a drop down so we can look at future classes.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yeah, the big upgrade to scouting is that they publish draft classes in advance and we can scout in advance, replacing much of the functionality of the Feeder Leagues. There's a drop down so we can look at future classes.

View attachment 15779

The future draft pools show up in the test sim, so I'm guessing they will all get generated when the 2088 pool is.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm glad @kella, @Irishman, and @NML 's voices were heard. I'm sure they were tired of the disenfranchisement.

Quit it, Trump. The poll was open for a month before any decision was made, and was valid with no chucklehead votes as the commissioner moved into testing. I am truly sorry for the dead Swedes, but you'll get a whole pool of sweet suede fade Swedes as soon as the pools are generated.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You’re the commish now, so you do you, but we didn’t even vote on removing feeder leagues which is fine if you determined they were actually a problem. Completely removing a feature of the league that’s always been there because at some point it had more votes is weird to me. For something like that shouldn’t we try to get more than half the league to vote?

I don’t get removing discoveries either. To me the more ways players can enter the league the more fun it is. But again that is something we should at least attempt to get a near full vote.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The need for feeders is negated by the new draft & scouting system, with the added benefit of these guys not getting MS or elbow cancer in high school. Plus I don't think anyone really disagreed with @doh or I about how HS/college injuries were stunting drafted players.

We've also discussed changes like this every few seasons and nothing ever comes of it. This time around not only did we have owners not voting in a poll that was open for weeks, barely anyone showed interest in the results of the testing.

We're not getting rid of scouting discoveries.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
In fairness to Karl, I don't think we ever voted on feeders.

I think it's almost crystal clear that feeders are killing pitchers. I can do a deep dive if there's an easy place to see all of drafts the last decade or whatever.

But I am convinced the injuries at a young age significantly effect pitchers. The game mimics real life. In reel life, injuries at a young age for pitchers is normally a terrible sign. Any injuries really.

The other side is innings and I'm assuming some sort of pitcher abuse points system. The college pitchers are putting on 110-120 IP/year at very young ages and the HS guys ANY innings at 13-17 are really significant. It's painfully obvious that guys who throw tons of innings crap out. Look at Kasib or Nakamura or any of the GOAT SPs we've had. They fall off a cliff. It's not the same as the drafted guys... but it just shows how innings kill arms.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I've had a few but my last first round pick Meds is a prime example. Threw 100+ IP during his age 17,18 and 20 seasons. In his age 19 year, he had a broken bone in his elbow.

You are putting major damage on your arms in a game that remembers injuries and tries to be similar to REEL life.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’ll buy that theory I guess @doh so like I said I’m fine with it for the league even if it bummed me out. The IFA thing makes no sense to me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Karl Hungus did you release Lisbon’s signings? They are still signing people making me think there were pending offers still. Not sure how you want to handle it. Auto teams can instantly counter.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
In fairness to Karl, I don't think we ever voted on feeders.

I think it's almost crystal clear that feeders are killing pitchers. I can do a deep dive if there's an easy place to see all of drafts the last decade or whatever.

But I am convinced the injuries at a young age significantly effect pitchers. The game mimics real life. In reel life, injuries at a young age for pitchers is normally a terrible sign. Any injuries really.

The other side is innings and I'm assuming some sort of pitcher abuse points system. The college pitchers are putting on 110-120 IP/year at very young ages and the HS guys ANY innings at 13-17 are really significant. It's painfully obvious that guys who throw tons of innings crap out. Look at Kasib or Nakamura or any of the GOAT SPs we've had. They fall off a cliff. It's not the same as the drafted guys... but it just shows how innings kill arms.

We had discussed it a little but there was no vote. I posted about actually getting rid of them once I found out that we couldn't turn off injuries in the subleagues. It was kind of a bummer, because they were good for immersion. I've drafted a lot of Sooners since we added those.