• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Olympic shit and pissing show

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think we know it's cancelled when they say "we aren't going to rule out cancelling at the last minute".

The IOC is the only one who can actually cancel though right? Japan can just shut it down but then they eat everything. What Japan can do is make it such shit that the IOC might go along with it but it's a game of chicken right now.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The IOC is the only one who can actually cancel though right? Japan can just shut it down but then they eat everything. What Japan can do is make it such shit that the IOC might go along with it but it's a game of chicken right now.

I'm sure at this point in the pandemic no-one behind the scenes is genuinely concerned about protocol. There's no tickets/spectators anyway. All Japanese government has to do is close the venues and send the participants home.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm sure at this point in the pandemic no-one behind the scenes is genuinely concerned about protocol. There's no tickets/spectators anyway. All Japanese government has to do is close the venues and send the participants home.

And then solely take on the economic repercussions

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You could be right. None of us know. My brother in law is a diplomat in Tokyo and he doesn't have a clue either.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm pretty sure that's what has been written about this, it's like the IOC is wanting Japan to shut it down so they're off the hook. It's also like Japan is trying to make this make as little money as possible so the IOC let's them shut it down. I don't think there is any way Japan cancels without the IOC giving their blessing because it isn't like Japan's economy has been on fire the last 20 years anyway, ABE ain't gon do it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm pretty sure that's what has been written about this, it's like the IOC is wanting Japan to shut it down so they're off the hook. It's also like Japan is trying to make this make as little money as possible so the IOC let's them shut it down. I don't think there is any way Japan cancels without the IOC giving their blessing because it isn't like Japan's economy has been on fire the last 20 years anyway, ABE ain't gon do it.

Well it's already degenerating into farce, so I reckon the plan might work.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That is that IOC shuts it down. Japan hold all the cards on that front, being that it's their country to make the rules and make it impossible.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is it possible for Japan to limit attendance to vaccinated people? Should have done that, but to do that they would have had to vaccinate people.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

ABE ain't walking through that door, you mean SUGA

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It's always ABE, but if we're being accurate it's KURODA now

DoQJCfu.gif

BearDownUofA

Festizio
I dont know if it's botched as much as maybe its a little tough to manage in a city with 40 million fucking people living in close proximity lol
There is cultural vaccine hesitancy on a large scale in Japan. Also, the only people allowed to administer a vaccine are doctors. The rules regarding who can stick the needle in your arm are much looser in the US.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Of course they aren't dying as much they are marginally healthier than us to start with lol. And they don't have legions of vulnerable people that are terrified of going to the hospital for fear of massive bills.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
My sister and her husband have lived in Tokyo since November. His employer got him vaccinated but she’s having a hard time getting her shots because there’s just not as many doses over there.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Imagine if the ABE in charge was the late great first principal of astronaut high and later superintendent of brevard public schools.

Would be going off without a hitch.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Imagine if the ABE in charge was the late great first principal of astronaut high and later superintendent of brevard public schools.

Would be going off without a hitch.

They'd hover around .500 but he'd have dope bake sales to pump money into the program though

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
They'd hover around .500 but he'd have dope bake sales to pump money into the program though

U r forgetting his first coaching hire retired with the highest winning percentage of any coach in Florida high football history at the time of said retirement, according to rumor and many local newspaper men.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
U r forgetting his first coaching hire retired with the highest winning percentage of any coach in Florida high football history at the time of said retirement, according to rumor and many local newspaper men.

I misread your post, I thought you wanted ABE from BOJ not ABE from AHS

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Olympics are going great, guys

Only the 3rd one they've had to fire!

The head creative director for the opening and closing ceremonies, Hiroshi Sasaki [ja], resigned in March, after making demeaning comments about a woman celebrity.[232][233]

On 14 July 2021, the Organizing Committee announced the creative team for the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics and Paralympics, and appointed Keigo Oyamada of Cornelius as a composer of the opening ceremony.[234][235] It caused a growing number of people on social media said that he was ineligible to be such role because he is widely known by his past bullying to people with apparent disabilities, such as Down syndrome.[236][237] He has inflicted horrific abuse on his peers when at school; such as forcing them to eat their excrement, masturbate in front of other students, etc., and he himself often told about the disability abuse stories as vaunt in several interviews[238] On 16 July, a week before the opening ceremony, the Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, which was questioned for insight and good sense, announced to support him as a composer and not to change the decision for the ceremonies.[239][240] Toshirō Mutō, the chief executive of the Organizing Committee, said he wanted Oyamada to remain involved.[238] Growing criticism forced Oyamada to announce his resignation on 19 July.[241][242]

On 21 July, Japanese media reported that Kentarō Kobayashi, who is the director of the opening and closing ceremonies after Sasaki resigned, utilized The Holocaust by Nazi Germany in a script for his comedy in 1998, and he made malicious and anti-Semitic jokes including "Let's play Jews genocide game (Let's play Holocaust)."[243][244] The Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC), a Jewish, human rights organization, immediately issued a statement of condemnation to the anti-Semitic jokes.[243][245] On 22 July, the day before the opening ceremony, the Organizing Committee announced to dismiss Kobayashi.[246][247]

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The artistic stuff in this seems to have been directed by Miyazaki