• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021: Week 3 Thread - Walk Away

Brick

let me piggy back off ur strong bets plx

ASU -3.5 @ BYU, pretty much would say always bet on ASU to not cover, but this week I think the fighting degenerate digs smash the rewatchable jamesnathans
i made $150 on BYU winning straight up last week. haha.
watch out for robo qb.

digs

sun of nothing
In my gut I feel a momentum\confidence killing loss. Starting too slow vs SUU\UNL -- started slow pretty much all last year. Don't think ASU can weather that storm. The surprisingly close BYU - UA game in week 1 makes me think ASU should win handily though

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
In my gut I feel a momentum\confidence killing loss. Starting too slow vs SUU\UNL -- started slow pretty much all last year. Don't think ASU can weather that storm. The surprisingly close BYU - UA game in week 1 makes me think ASU should win handily though

I'm not saying BYU will win, but be aware that against UA BYU was without three of their top 4 receivers and their top DB that game. All of them should be playing Saturday. Just so you make your pick with that knowledge.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Or smirk at my comment. Whatever. ASU is more than capable of beating a BYU team that has potential but I don't know if Utah is just over-rated this year. I just wanted him to make his bet based on things he probably didn't know instead of assuming something based on a final score against UA. BYU wasn't at full strength against UA and isn't as bad as that close score would imply. It's not like I'm saying they are Oregon, is it?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Looking at it again, I think @Brick commented on gambling and I took that thinking into @digs post. So I only commented because I thought he was going to make a bet. He may, but his post never actually said that. So sorry for everything. That said, I think either ASU (who we really don't know much about and will be playing in a hostile environment) or BYU could win. I'm interested to see how BYU plays against the schemes ASU runs on both sides of the ball and the speed they have.

digs

sun of nothing
I try to stay out of sports betting (though I'll burn these promo dollars from the az legalization) and even more so avoid betting on ASU games, but appreciated anyway. I think it'll be a pretty good game. Hoping it's worth staying up late for on Saturday anyway. Somewhat tempted to make the drive up for the game, but have to be in town late Friday night so probably won't.

Brick

here are ma'picks @digs

Ole Miss -14 vs Tulane
tulane is on week 3 in a row away from home. kind of overvalued due to the oklahoma score. OU put up 30 consecutive points when they were actually putting in an effort. kiffin gonna put up some points.

Boise State -3.5 vs Oklahoma State
boise is solid. i have watched a lot of them. i watched a lot of oklahoma state against tulsa last week and they looked absolutely awful. barely beat missouri state week one. bsu almost beat UCF without their starting RB who is really good.

South Carolina +31 @ Georgia
should be a big win for georgia but just seems like a really big number in a series that typically has a lot of ugly games or SC upsets.

Ohio State -24.5 vs Tulsa
ohio state gon hate fuck tulsa after losing last week. they could put up 24 in a matter of minutes. i know their defense is vulnerable but i watched tulsa @ osu last week and their offense is terrible. ma'most confident pick.

Pitt -14.5 vs. western michigan
pitt's offense is FUN. wmu was lifeless against michigan who beat them by 33. only scored in the 20s last week against an FCS team. seems low.

Louisville ML vs UCF
least confident pick but playing the game tonight. ucf is favored by a TD. i just feel like louisville does well on these weeknight home games and UCF isn't as good away from home.

WINDIANA ML vs cincy
cincy is favored by 3.5. i feel like there was an overreaction to indiana's ugly loss in week 1 and RIDDER is overrated garbage. PINNNEXXX gonna go off.

SDSU ML vs utah
utah is favored by 8.5 for some reason. UTES looked pretty lifeless in the BYU game and i think SDSU is decent

i did a 3 team parlay with the boise state, ole miss, and SDSU (+8.5 not ML) picks

cheers HERManos

Last edited:

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
So you make a bet based on missing a RB, but if I bring up players missing to try and help someone betting, I get a mockery response? Big if true.

I can't read that article, but I don't know that anyone got bent out of shape about the shirt. I'm sure some fans did, because a fanbase runs the entire gamut (not everyone is a jerk and not everyone is polite, but some fanbases may lean more one way over another). I know Max took a photo with another Ute fan with a shirt making fun of him. So it doesn't seem to be THAT big of an issue. I actually think that shirt is kind of funny. I probably wouldn't wear or say that if the roles were reversed. But I think most rational BYU fans probably don't care too much about the shirt or agree that it was fairly clever.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
here are ma'picks @digs

Ole Miss -14 vs Tulane
tulane is on week 3 in a row away from home. kind of overvalued due to the oklahoma score. OU put up 30 consecutive points when they were actually putting in an effort. kiffin gonna put up some points.

Boise State -3.5 vs Oklahoma State
boise is solid. i have watched a lot of them. i watched a lot of oklahoma state against tulsa last week and they looked absolutely awful. barely beat missouri state week one. bsu almost beat UCF without their starting RB who is really good.

South Carolina +31 @ Georgia
should be a big win for georgia but just seems like a really big number in a series that typically has a lot of ugly games or SC upsets.

Ohio State -24.5 vs Tulsa
ohio state gon hate fuck tulsa after losing last week. they could put up 24 in a matter of minutes. i know their defense is vulnerable but i watched tulsa @ osu last week and their offense is terrible. ma'most confident pick.

Pitt -14.5 vs. western michigan
pitt's offense is FUN. wmu was lifeless against michigan who beat them by 33. only scored in the 20s last week against an FCS team. seems low.

Louisville ML vs UCF
least confident pick but playing the game tonight. ucf is favored by a TD. i just feel like louisville does well on these weeknight home games and UCF isn't as good away from home.

WINDIANA ML vs cincy
cincy is favored by 3.5. i feel like there was an overreaction to indiana's ugly loss in week 1 and RIDDER is overrated garbage. PINNNEXXX gonna go off.

SDSU ML vs utah
utah is favored by 8.5 for some reason. UTES looked pretty lifeless in the BYU game and i think SDSU is decent

i did a 3 team parlay with the boise state, ole miss, and SDSU (+8.5 not ML) picks

cheers HERManos

Man, we had the opposite take on the WINDIANA game lol. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they can hang

Did you look at the Bama-UF one? It’s less than 2 TDs I think and Florida’s starting QB is garbage

Brick

Man, we had the opposite take on the WINDIANA game lol. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they can hang

Did you look at the Bama-UF one? It’s less than 2 TDs I think and Florida’s starting QB is garbage
nah. trying to stick with teams i have watched. have not watched bama and couldn't name a single florida player with gun2head

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
wedding-crashers-crab-cakes.gif

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
andre ware just acted like he was making an upset call talking about #8 cincy beating WINDIANA on the road @bruin228

WHen i was in 8th grade art class the discussion came up of who we thought the heisman winner would be. One kid said "andre ware" but he mumbled so badly that we all thought he said "Underwear." He was laughed at bigly by the nephew of the 1978 Astronaut High Leading Rusher.

Brick

on first down, andre ware just informed us that with 3 minutes left and down by 7, this is 4 down territory.

BET

Renegade

Charge on!
Well, Gus is who the Auburn fans said he is. Choked that game away with shitacular play calling. Told my wife we would lose when he frittered away the drive after stopping the fake punt.

Renegade

Charge on!
ROMAN GABRIEL with a terrible late INT
That was all on the WR. Throw was perfect. Heupel never played that WR despite him getting rave reviews in practice, and now we know why.

Worst thing is that it sounds like Gabriel either broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder trying to recover the lateral on the last play.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
That was all on the WR. Throw was perfect. Heupel never played that WR despite him getting rave reviews in practice, and now we know why.

Worst thing is that it sounds like Gabriel either broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder trying to recover the lateral on the last play.

To me, it looked like the throw was behind the WR, to me. Ball still hit the WR in the hands doe.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Dear Oklahoma,

Run the piss up the score on the little red team to the norf.

Give me 60. Exercise those demons of 69-7.

And begin the real end of the Frosty error.

Sincerely, a former little red fan.

PS - take the doppelgänger ass derector with.