• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 12 Thread - I've Got a Feeling

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

This guy actually has connections at Miami. Has broken every piece of news for like two years. Collateral damage, dam.

All that said that’s a crazy number if true

bruin

Can’t wait to see prehm poop on the game. Why is he not already?

He seemed to forget about the BRANDS of small town USA, Oregon-Utah or the teams that bolted for the B1G on the time of the games. Quickly moved on to..something 18 or 36 holes can’t fix?

Mame YO

slings rocks
@Brick I assume you don’t visit ATQ because homer outlet but you should check out this guy’s articles (and continue to ignore the rest, it’s all garbage)

Oregon was probably bound to be underwater against the Huskies’ passing offense given their respective success rates going into this game, but this defensive performance was far worse than their previous records would have predicted. The Ducks successfully defended 14 designed passing plays vs 23 failures, lower than 38%, and surrendered 10.3 adjusted YPA with almost 30% of passes gaining 15+ yards. That means the pass defense performed 8.5 percentage points worse in efficiency, 2.4 adjusted YPA worse in yardage, and more than 10 percentage point worse in explosiveness than the Huskies’ previous eight FBS opponents (only two of which have winning records).

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’m listening to the Lanning media session right now because I’m a trog. He was asked about taking over defensive playcalling duties, he said no, said that there are a lot of plays where they’re close (“got a free guy going at the QB, gotta finish that. Instead big play”) which is what it is. Lupoi is a known commodity and it isn’t in a good way, I agree.

The reel reason I just wrote this post though is because I think I heard Lanning say that his kid’s name is TITAN. which, just, really?

unless he was talking about playing checkers with his 9 year old dog idk.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Btw Oregon is going to beat Utah and then win the shampionship vs USC.

playoff will be 2+ SEC. A 3 SEC team playoff isn’t even an outside chance at this point. If TCU loses a game, we’re looking at UGA-tOSU-TN-LSU bracket. Because only the SEC is allowed to lose games rofl.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon dropped below raper state this system is trash. Literally FOUR 2 loss teams above Oregon right now because recency bias + SEC.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It isn’t even an Oregon thing at this point (though the rankings are dumb af as they currently stand). Might as well just convert the playoff to an SEC invitation tournament. I’ll say it again: only the SEC is allowed to lose. Clemson gets zero benefit of the doubt, nor would a pac12 champion Oregon. Michigan loses to tOSU? LSU has a really good chance to jump them.

It should’ve always been that if there was a 4 team playoff that conference champions with <3 losses would be guaranteed priority. Then if Oregon is getting bumped for Clemson or whatever it’s fine because you at least still still have 4 conference champions. Instead it’s all EYE TEST horse shit and the only reason you’re happy with it is because you benefit from it.

but wait, who did they play? SEC BEST CONFERENCE!!! Except they only play each other and they’re largely just riding the coattails of one or two relatively dominant teams. 4 cupcakes on the schedule (you know, the part the teams actually have control over) but SEC SEC SEC so strongest strength of schedule ever. Say what you want about Oregon but at least they consistently schedule home and home series with power 5 teams. @DeadMan what ever happened to that btw?

Brick

omg with a capital E? Utah and OSU the best 2 defenses in the league. oregon hasn't played a defense since week 1. ur fucked.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon’s offensive success is literally championship caliber elite, not just statistically but from a personnel standpoint as well. You’re wayyyyy overplaying your hand on this and frankly it hurts your credibility imo. Don’t be so eager to hate on the duck that you can’t see what is plainly true lol.

Brick

they just lost at home to a team that was 1-2 on the road including a loss to HERM. only win by 7 at cal. lol. in fact BOURGEOT and CHIP put up more points than Shampship Level Elite offense in those husky losses.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Wait, are you switching your arguments based on when it suits you? I’m going to need an explanation on that because when I was talking up nix you said TDs dumb stat? Now you choose to highlight scoring to downplay Oregon’s offensive success lol? Beyond that, the matchups are completely different you can’t just TRANSITIVE PROPERTY all over the place like that and expect it to go unchallenged.

offensive success rate, efficiency stats, etc all point to Oregon as being a clear championship caliber team on offense.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’m enjoying calling raper state by that moniker and you’re trying to pin the tail on the donkey, but when I actually criticized raper state it was based on their record against top teams, which I slightly exaggerated but they’re like 1-12 in the last half dozen seasons against top 10 teams aren’t they? They haven’t been competitive against top competition - not just this year - but for YEARS. Raper state over Oregon is dumb and you should feel dumb for trying to defend it lol.

Brick

Wait, are you switching your arguments based on when it suits you? I’m going to need an explanation on that because when I was talking up nix you said TDs dumb stat? Now you choose to highlight scoring to downplay Oregon’s offensive success lol?
i refuse to believe you need an explanation about how different those two things are. lol.

Brick

I’m enjoying calling raper state by that moniker and you’re trying to pin the tail on the donkey, but when I actually criticized raper state it was based on their record against top teams, which I slightly exaggerated but they’re like 1-12 in the last half dozen seasons against top 10 teams aren’t they? They haven’t been competitive against top competition - not just this year - but for YEARS. Raper state over Oregon is dumb and you should feel dumb for trying to defend it lol.
ur the dumb one

Mame YO

slings rocks
well, it certainly feels like your cherry picking based on your previous arguments about offensive production. I get the differences but my point still stands: if you were being consistent about many of those points about how you weigh stats, the only logical conclusion is to accept that Oregon has an elite offense. Because they do. Their success rate with down and distance accounted for, yards per play, explosiveness rates are all extremely high. That’s beyond all the surface level box score stats, also bonkers.

Brick

:clown:ohhhhh man we got VINTAGE clown WON THE PRESS CONFERENCE content

texastechbellringfap.gif

Can we take a moment to appreciate Lanning’s authentic act in the wake of Oregon’s 37-34 loss to Washington on Saturday night?

Lanning lost to the Huskies, but delivered a perfectly human performance in the post-game news conference.

Mame YO

slings rocks
too bad their defense sucks huh

oh wow, tell me something I don’t know lol. Go back and read what I said before the UCLA game. You have a habit of trying to marginalize my position by making me look like a lunatic homer. Read what I actually said though lol. OLB/DB issues, in particular with the nickel and dime guys in. I complained about contain and Sewell overrunning plays. Warshington has 4 good receivers. Oregon has 2 serviceable corners to match up against them. I was fucking right about Oregon’s potential matchup issues this entire time.

and I’ll repeat myself re: Washington: I didn’t think they had the personnel to do what I thought UCLA would do. I do think that it was more about Oregon than Washington and it was clearly a case of an upset rather than UW being a better team overall. To the extent that Oregon lost, yes I was wrong and you were right - but again, you’re wayyyy overplaying that hand. It’s literally all in writing, enjoy rereading it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Sec teams are punished for losing. What you even Tom bout? The teams you Tom bout I assume are lsu and tennessee and bammer? Lsu lost to a top 5 team and the first game of the season. They have clearly improved since. Bammer lost to a top 5 team on the road and lsu on the road. Tennessee lost to the best team in the country on the road. Other teams aren’t losing to those opponents and are rightly punished harder in the polls.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Sec teams are punished for losing. What you even Tom bout? The teams you Tom bout I assume are lsu and tennessee and bammer? Lsu lost to a top 5 team and the first game of the season. They have clearly improved since. Bammer lost to a top 5 team on the road and lsu on the road. Tennessee lost to the best team in the country on the road. Other teams aren’t losing to those opponents and are rightly punished harder in the polls.
Alabama has a down year but every team that beats them goes straight to the top of the heap lol. I’m still appalled at LSU being that high as a 2 loss team over three 1 loss teams - one of which beat the same opponent that they lost to (in before “they didn’t play anybody though” SEC circlejerk).

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The first game of the season…. And their loss to tennessee was early too. You know how the polls work. You just being dense.

Mame YO

slings rocks
So you’re making excuses for recency bias then, we both know that isn’t really an argument though, you’re just stating it as it is in response to complaints about the system lol. Other than that I hear a lot of excuses that are somehow valid for SEC SEC SEC but I get laughed off the forums for applying similar arguments to other teams (like Oregon). As much as you’ll like to trash me for being a dumb homer you’ll are falling for the same biases lol. Acknowledge that, at least.

Brick

lol. the pac had their chance against the SEC this year and oregon looked like trash, utah lost to someone they should have beaten, JEDD got embarassed by leach. show up or STFU