• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
'An extremely dominant force'

The Astros have won World Series again. Where do they rank in baseball history?

I'd put them right behind the Black Sox cheaters personally. But knowing that players made nothing back then, I think the Astros have a legitimate case for #1. The Christopher Correa thing is up there as well, but there was nothing tying the organization to the deed and they got a pretty stiff punishment.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
a3.jpg
Ted Cruz doesn't understand baseball. He's both too stupid and too disconnected from regular Americans to get it.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Nutopia is hilarious. You make fun of teams and fans that have a complex and want everyone to like them. But you also dislike teams that embrace the hate.

Personally, I couldn't care less that I'm thought of as a giant douche on here. If anything, maybe that's a step up for me in some of your eyes. I avoided saying anything through this whole season and playoff until it was over, then made one comment. And now this one.

In all seriousness, I agree that MLB should have done more to the 2017 team and the individuals. But I bought in to them as my team when I moved here and I'm unlike many on here who seem to enjoy running down the teams they are fans of. I can be disappointed in 2017 and still celebrate 2022. If you disagree, I totally understand. MLB didn't punish them, so here we are today. Nothing will change that. And as a fan, I am super happy with how last night went.

Growing up, I was a fan of the Braves. I was a fan when they were turrible and would cheer that they wouldn't have the worst record in baseball. Then they got amazing pitchers but could never win the World Series. When they finally did, I was in Brazil and only found out about it months later. They could never win again after I came home. I worried that would be my lot with the Astros as well, so it felt reel good for them to finally win it again.

Last edited:

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon

And remember when Correa and others said Altuve wanted nothing to do with the cheating while throwing everyone else under the bus? No? Because it doesn't fit the story you want to be true? This is the one and only time I'll say anything about Altuve, but everyone who admitted to the cheating has said he wasn't involved. Time to turn your anger towards those who deserve it more. Be upset he didn't do more to stop the cheating, but it frustrates me that he gets most of the heat when he didn't want to be involved. I know this will not change anyone's mind, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Nutopia is hilarious. You make fun of teams and fans that have a complex and want everyone to like them. But you also dislike teams that embrace the hate.

Personally, I couldn't care less that I'm thought of as a giant douche on here. If anything, maybe that's a step up for me in some of your eyes. I avoided saying anything through this whole season and playoff until it was over, then made one comment. And now this one.

In all seriousness, I agree that MLB should have done more to the 2017 team and the individuals. But I bought in to them as my team when I moved here and I'm unlike many on here who seem to enjoy running down the teams they are fans of. I can be disappointed in 2017 and still celebrate 2022. If you disagree, I totally understand. MLB didn't punish them, so here we are today. Nothing will change that. And as a fan, I am super happy with how last night went.

Growing up, I was a fan of the Braves. I was a fan when they were turrible and would cheer that they wouldn't have the worst record in baseball. Then they got amazing pitchers but could never win the World Series. When they finally did, I was in Brazil and only found out about it months later. They could never win again after I came home. I worried that would be my lot with the Astros as well, so it felt reel good for them to finally win it again.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
used to the think the pro-“vaccine” pro-Ukraine clowns were the real LVPs herrre but this thread unleashing a whole new breed of BUM to laugh at while I sit on my couch waiting for Moderb Warfare II to start up on my PS5.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1

This post equals "I understand why you guys hate cheaters but since it's MY team I don't care!"

Like cool? What was the point of this post? You basically admit they were shameless cheaters but want us to know that you are happy lol

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
used to the think the pro-“vaccine” pro-Ukraine clowns were the real LVPs herrre but this thread unleashing a whole new breed of BUM to laugh at while I sit on my couch waiting for Moderb Warfare II to start up on my PS5.

Please show us your chest tattoo with Putin on your right pec with Steven Seagal on the left.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Please show us your chest tattoo with Putin on your right pec with Steven Seagal on the left.

Have U been infected with the same inability to think like so many in this dying vine? Very SAD if so but U can be anti-war, anti-Putin, and also find the whole absurd theatre around corrupt ass Ukraine nauseating. Might be difficult for the smooth brains on this dying vine to understand but I didn’t think U were part of that tribe comrade.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
This post equals "I understand why you guys hate cheaters but since it's MY team I don't care!"

Like cool? What was the point of this post? You basically admit they were shameless cheaters but want us to know that you are happy lol

giphy.gif

OK, so I'm truly hopeful for a reel answer here, although I doubt I'll get it. Bruin, let's say the roles were reversed and put the Dodgers in the Astros place. How would you seriously be feeling today? Would you keep pissing on them for being cheaters? Or would you acknowledge it happened but still celebrate their next World Series victory?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
giphy.gif

OK, so I'm truly hopeful for a reel answer here, although I doubt I'll get it. Bruin, let's say the roles were reversed and put the Dodgers in the Astros place. How would you seriously be feeling today? Would you keep pissing on them for being cheaters? Or would you acknowledge it happened but still celebrate their next World Series victory?

The egregious part of it to me to me is that NOTHING HAPPENED to the Asstros after the BIG STEAL. What should have happened is that their championship trophy got taken away, and all their wins for that season vacated. That doesn't mean the Doyers would automatically get the WS trophy, just that the Asstros didn't win it because you know - fukcig cheaters.

Had that happened, and the Astros got properly punished, then anything afterward would be (presumably) legit and we could simply hate them for being too good for too long like every other annoyingly too-good-and-the-fans-don't-deserve-it franchise.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The egregious part of it to me to me is that NOTHING HAPPENED to the Asstros after the BIG STEAL. What should have happened is that their championship trophy got taken away, and all their wins for that season vacated. That doesn't mean the Doyers would automatically get the WS trophy, just that the Asstros didn't win it because you know - fukcig cheaters.

Had that happened, and the Astros got properly punished, then anything afterward would be (presumably) legit and we could simply hate them for being too good for too long like every other annoyingly too-good-and-the-fans-don't-deserve-it franchise.

Agreed. If they had vacated the title and players missed a year, I think most would be fine with the Astros at this point. It was just a crock that the people actually cheating got off free, except Beltran.

No one hated the Astros before this either. They had switched leagues and had been a punching bag for a long time. It was a GOOD BASEBALL STORY and new moneyball story until they cheated. I was reading ASTROBALL in 2019 before the scandal broke. Watching them in the WS once I learned of the rumors though, I knew something was off. They were just spitting on perfect Scherzer cutters a hair off the plate. It was obvious they knew what pitchers were coming.

coogrfan

Agreed. If they had vacated the title and players missed a year, I think most would be fine with the Astros at this point. It was just a crock that the people actually cheating got off free, except Beltran.

No one hated the Astros before this either. They had switched leagues and had been a punching bag for a long time. It was a GOOD BASEBALL STORY and new moneyball story until they cheated. I was reading ASTROBALL in 2019 before the scandal broke. Watching them in the WS once I learned of the rumors though, I knew something was off. They were just spitting on perfect Scherzer cutters a hair off the plate. It was obvious they knew what pitchers were coming.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Astros lose all four of their home games to the Nats in the 2019 WS (getting absolutely shelled in three of them) while winning 3 road games?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Astros lose all four of their home games to the Nats in the 2019 WS (getting absolutely shelled in three of them) while winning 3 road games?

Yes. Here we go.

lol at Astros fans. You just can't help hisself.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The Astros were relaying signs in some manner during the 2019 WS. It's been published that multiple teams called to warn the Nats about the Astros and their methods. The Nats put in place an elaborate sign-mixing system ahead of the series and changed it constantly throughout the series.

There were moments when it was obvious to anyone that they knew what was coming, and there was at least one very well-known moment where the Astros were teeing off, the Nats switched the sign systems and then the pitcher immediately started cruising.

I'm sure the Astros had a variety of illegal methods (there were accusations about lights in the outfield, filming from the dugout, and buzzers) and legal methods (they were very good at relaying signs and pitch tipping). But it was clear the Astros continued cheating after 2017 to everyone but head-in-the-sand Astros fans and the variety of methods never came to light. MLB only investigated once the story broke and did the bare minimum investigation.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Small sample size, Nats rotating signals, karma, etc. Like you’re insane for asking the question or don’t understand baseball. Knowing the pitch that’s coming (sometimes, posted above how the Nats beat for much of the series) isn’t an automatic win.

coogrfan

Small sample size, Nats rotating signals, karma, etc. Like you’re insane for asking the question or don’t understand baseball. Knowing the pitch that’s coming (sometimes, posted above how the Nats beat for much of the series) isn’t an automatic win.

Hopefully the latter. As I stated previously, I don't like baseball.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
400 words from jimmer in defense of yet another cheating team he likes is just the norm

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Local papers said it was because Click talked poorly about team decisions at a recent manager meeting for all teams. Most fans seems to think that was just the excuse and they planned to fire him all along. I have no idea the reason why. And in regards to being a fan...

Gifs-gifs-25782819-500-222.gif